• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB 64 on Wii

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys, Im not exactly sure of the release date for ssb64 on Wii (downloadable), and I have got to believe that they will make it online capable. With the Xbox 360, you can download old school games (paper boy, worms, MK3, etc.) and play them online against others. I feel like Nintendo has to make their downloadable games have online capability also, or they are just really missing out, and screwing all of us. Think about it, you could play SSB64 and Brawl online with the Wii, what else could you possibly need (besides ssbm). Let me know what you think, and if anyone has any insight on the release date for ssb64 or if it will have online capability. Thanks

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Well we already have ssb64 online and playing it on the wii will suck cuss they keep the same controls. Like the c stick on the n64 would be the c stick on the gcn controller. So yes it will suck. But just play online on the comp. People can use any kind of controller they want and its alot better.

Mike B.

Smash Apprentice
Well I agree on the old school online playing thing for Nintendo. But it's not going to happend. It's Nintendo....

Plus we already have SSB64 online (PJ64k)

But we should get SSB64 on the VC. It's a awesome classic!

(oh and you can press X, Y, or Z on the GCN controler and it will act as a C button)

Mogget

Smash Rookie
I doubt there will be online but they'll probably release it eventually. I'm working on developing an N64->GC converter for use with N64 VC games. When I'm done I'll put up assembly instructions on my website.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
I doubt there will be online but they'll probably release it eventually. I'm working on developing an N64->GC converter for use with N64 VC games. When I'm done I'll put up assembly instructions on my website.
That was a nice bit of advertising there. I'll let you off this time, but I hope I don't catch you posting a post of advertisation again! (I really need to learn some proper words...)

7ak

Smash Journeyman
^^^^Thats not really advertising, he's just trying to help people out.

And about SSB on the Wii, I think if they tweaked it a little and made the GCN C-stick function like it does in Melee, SSB could work really well. It works fine enough if you use Y or X as a C-button but the C-stick thing would be great. They could also add a little more DI but then I guess it wouldn't be SSB with the crazy combos.

I don't think it would be hard at all for them to add that stuff.....even throw in Battlefield and FD as a bonus.

The more important thing is whether or not Nintendo will make VC games online.........b/c if they don't they're making a huge mistake and it's kind of a disservice to the loyal Nint. fans.

felix45

Smash Lord
I'm boycotting the VC until I see some online play!

I'll probably buy SSB 64 on the VC should it come out with online play just so I dont have to deal with desynchs and lag.

Mogget

Smash Rookie
That was a nice bit of advertising there. I'll let you off this time, but I hope I don't catch you posting a post of advertisation again! (I really need to learn some proper words...)
I'm not going to charge for it or anything or even have ads on my site. Purely an open-source project based on a similar open-source project for SNES and NES controllers.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
^^^^Thats not really advertising, he's just trying to help people out.

And about SSB on the Wii, I think if they tweaked it a little and made the GCN C-stick function like it does in Melee, SSB could work really well. It works fine enough if you use Y or X as a C-button but the C-stick thing would be great. They could also add a little more DI but then I guess it wouldn't be SSB with the crazy combos.

I don't think it would be hard at all for them to add that stuff.....even throw in Battlefield and FD as a bonus.

The more important thing is whether or not Nintendo will make VC games online.........b/c if they don't they're making a huge mistake and it's kind of a disservice to the loyal Nint. fans.

I agree completely. I think that with just a little effort, they could make ssb64 work fine with the GCN remote, and you would never know the difference. I also hope that Nintendo realizes that they have to have good online play for VC games because Xbox 360 does, and in my mind it is a major selling point that they have over nintendo. But, as always, Nintendo is slow on getting everything out, so who knows...hopefully in 6 months from now they will have the Wii online worked out. (in time for SSBB :grin: )

Thino

Smash Master
I agree completely. I think that with just a little effort, they could make ssb64 work fine with the GCN remote, and you would never know the difference. I also hope that Nintendo realizes that they have to have good online play for VC games because Xbox 360 does, and in my mind it is a major selling point that they have over nintendo. But, as always, Nintendo is slow on getting everything out, so who knows...hopefully in 6 months from now they will have the Wii online worked out. (in time for SSBB :grin: )
hope they use X/Y to jump , otherwise i stick to kaillera

kuenzel

Smash Ace
According to the VC operations manual, all of the VC games are supposed to be vintage and exactly the same as the originals (save maybe a boost graphics-wise). The people that add games to the VC are obviously going to use that excuse to get off of adding anything cool (like online play). Sorry guys, but I think the chances of online play for SSB64 are about the same as Superman being a character in SSBB.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Because some of us dont enjoy playing SSB64 on a keyboard. if you know a place (besides E-bay) that sells N64 controllers that hook up to your computer, please enlighten me.

Edit: i just got an adapterr (off of E-bay too), so don't enlighten me

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Because some of us dont enjoy playing SSB64 on a keyboard. if you know a place (besides E-bay) that sells N64 controllers that hook up to your computer, please enlighten me.
There called adapters. Google them. I use a gcn controller for smash online

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
There called adapters. Google them. I use a gcn controller for smash online
I got a PS2/N64 usb adapter on ebay, but after I bought it, I saw a review saying that it was not a good one. Do you know if this is a good adapter for ssb64?

And as fas as having it on Wii, I just think it would be a nice addition by Nintendo, and keep them up with other systems, but yeah, I too doubt they will make VC games online capable.

dwp171

Smash Apprentice
I got a PS2/N64 usb adapter on ebay, but after I bought it, I saw a review saying that it was not a good one. Do you know if this is a good adapter for ssb64?

And as fas as having it on Wii, I just think it would be a nice addition by Nintendo, and keep them up with other systems, but yeah, I too doubt they will make VC games online capable.

The Boom psx/n64 adapter? I have that one. It works fine once you get it set up, but there are a few glitches associated with windows XP. A lot of people have said it works fine for them just upon plugging it in, but in my case XP often fails to recognize it and i have to plug it in over and over again or restart in order to get it to work. But as I said, if you get it to work, it's a fine adapter.

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
More importantly, if you know of a place that sells PJ64s that don't LAG DISGUSTINGLY, point me in that direction.

Because, um, the Smash Online experience for me was ********. I could never play any game, be it Smash or Pong, under such gross conditions.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Sells PJ64s? I'm afraid that would be illegal .

The lag is probably mostly because of your own connection. Regularly PJ64k plays at a fairly brisk framerate (50-60fps for me).

felix45

Smash Lord
same for me.

If you think PJ64k works bad online then it is your own compy or your own internet connection that is the problem. nothing else.

Top Bottom