• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ssb 4 day 2 tournament

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Did you get a response from him / get his actual permission? He's been mostly afk & now entirely bailed on his own tournament so we had to take over & had no clue... sorry we're too deep past your seed now.

You were afk for over an hour...

Yes I got an understanding that I would be back after lunch and I'd be ready to play in my next match.

It sucks that he's gone afk on us though, I understand trying to keep things moving.

Shame I never got a chance to play you. My Link is actually not bad.

Beastferu

Smash Cadet
NNID
LegendaryPhrax
3DS FC
3351-4134-0653
it's called Time zones and availability. I wasn't told what time it started, and when I was here earlier no one was one, therefore I should win by default right?

HdTyvek

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4270-1655-5444
im thinking of putting together a tournament next weekend to make up for this mess.. let me know if people would like that

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
Yes I got an understanding that I would be back after lunch and I'd be ready to play in my next match.

It sucks that he's gone afk on us though, I understand trying to keep things moving.

Shame I never got a chance to play you. My Link is actually not bad.
Yeah sorry man, unfortunately we all had to take it over from the host :( we're still friends, let's play some soon :) I'd like to face your Link

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
Ready to go again, so whos my opponent?
We had no idea when you'd be coming back, we waited 10 mins. then moved on without you.

You can't just afk a tournament without permission to leave & without at least a time-estimate man... had you not already done so for ten minutes earlier we might've let it pass but this' a tournament, usually you're on standby except with express permission which you didn't receive.

@ HdTyvek HdTyvek I would love a Tournament to redeem this one! Maybe we can get actual streaming.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
We had no idea when you'd be coming back, we waited 10 mins. then moved on without you.

You can't just afk a tournament without permission to leave & without at least a time-estimate man... had you not already done so for ten minutes earlier we might've let it pass but this' a tournament, usually you're on standby except with express permission which you didn't receive.

@ HdTyvek HdTyvek I would love a Tournament to redeem this one! Maybe we can get actual streaming.
Are you serious...... such sad....

Beastferu

Smash Cadet
NNID
LegendaryPhrax
3DS FC
3351-4134-0653
its in the OP what time it starts 12:30 est
I was here 12:30 EST, I meant I didn't know what time our match started because when I was my opponent was not, so I win that match according to you.

ソチャラ「Sóchara 」

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AllahuAkbar
3DS FC
0061-0828-3959
it's called Time zones and availability. I wasn't told what time it started, and when I was here earlier no one was one, therefore I should win by default right?
I had the same problem. The time zone is written there it just isn't wasn't a very intuitive thing to consider and its only written as "EST" not spelled out in the OP. Whatever. Next time.

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
I was here 12:30 EST, I meant I didn't know what time our match started because when I was my opponent was not, so I win that match according to you.
You forfeit because 1) you didn't communicate your presence 2) we called for you numerous occasions 3) as far as we know, you never showed up til a few minutes ago.

Sorry you forfeit, it's indisputable.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Wait, I was the loser of AK, which means I have to fight either Souless_Shadow or HDTyvek. Why did I have to fight the Holder of the Heel

Last edited:

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
Are you serious...... such sad....
Yeah sorry man, you can't afk from a tournament without permission or without giving a time-estimate at the very minimum... we waited & moved on without you.

Next tournament just make sure you get permission from the host or do your chores beforehand.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Yeah sorry man, you can't afk from a tournament without permission or without giving a time-estimate at the very minimum... we waited & moved on without you.

Next tournament just make sure you get permission from the host or do your chores beforehand.
Eh, its cool. This started in the middle of my chores, so there was no way around it. Later!

Beastferu

Smash Cadet
NNID
LegendaryPhrax
3DS FC
3351-4134-0653
You forfeit because 1) you didn't communicate your presence 2) we called for you numerous occasions 3) as far as we know, you never showed up til a few minutes ago.

Sorry you forfeit, it's indisputable.
I didn't forfeit actually, and get a mod to check what time I was last logged in before just now if you don't believe me then.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Waiting 10 minutes I got penalized online lol.

Top Bottom