• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SS Hit stun cancel

YouReadMyName

Smash Cadet
So I've heard that Greninja can cancel hit stun with SS and (also) have seen a couple YouTube matches where a Greninja has used this tech... I was wondering what applications it may have other than breaking free from combos. Feel free to discuss. I personally feel it may be a great surprise kill @ the edge of the stage when an opponent follows you off while you are in hitstun.

Plague_2

Smash Rookie
It only works to cancel non-tumble hitstun, so basically it only works on very low% combos. For example, do it right after Mario's dthrow and you're out of ~20% if they don't predict it.

David Galanos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apost1e
Good question. This tech can be good or just get you punished. If there's platforms, it tends to help you better than without them

I mainly use this with mario and luigis down throw, but I would be careful with this. I got into the habit of doing it to marios down throw every time, and I get regrabbed every single time, and take like 40%. Please just DI down and away and shield for that, don't side b cancel unless it's battlefield or delfino, something like that, because you'll land away from him on a platform.

Same with luigi, just be aware you more than likely won't hit them, I have hit them, but not often.

I want to try to test things to see with certain DI, percentages, timing, things like that, if you can get a guaranteed hit.

If I find something I'll be sure to share it

Other than some throws, It can be used to escape multi hit moves, a lot of them don't get you out, but, with Donkey kongs up b on the ground, you can do the tech and hit him at the end of the up b

Last edited:

Kite0692

Smash Journeyman
It works with a lot of things like Ganon's side B, Pikachu's Utilt (perfect to use in Smashville where you will fall instantly in the platform), Mario and luigis Dthrows, and ZSS' Fsmash, Up B, and I think her neutral B (you will be paralyzed, then side B will come out).

PokemonyeWest

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4770-2872
It works with a lot of things like Ganon's side B, Pikachu's Utilt (perfect to use in Smashville where you will fall instantly in the platform), Mario and luigis Dthrows, and ZSS' Fsmash, Up B, and I think her neutral B (you will be paralyzed, then side B will come out).
It's best against Ganon's Side B because I always have quite a time actually teching that

Top Bottom