• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtle MU with Yoshi

Jamwa

Smash Champion
yes its probably 60:40 squirtle's favour

yoshi has limited tools to deal with squirtle's mobility, disjoint, and projectiles (wg/bubble)

just learn to DI/SDI and you're out of combos very easily

StandingSitting

Smash Rookie
yes its probably 60:40 squirtle's favour

yoshi has limited tools to deal with squirtle's mobility, disjoint, and projectiles (wg/bubble)

just learn to DI/SDI and you're out of combos very easily
Also, respect Yoshi's aerial game. He will win pretty much every trade you attempt because of his armor.
Thanks guys! My main problem is getting trapped in his combos (typically neutral A's followed up with dash attacks/side smashes), the guy that I usually play doesn't utilize Yoshi's air game too often so that's not a major worry

Mr. Fabulous

Smash Cadet
Thanks guys! My main problem is getting trapped in his combos (typically neutral A's followed up with dash attacks/side smashes), the guy that I usually play doesn't utilize Yoshi's air game too often so that's not a major worry
If he's hitting you with grounded attacks off of nair then just DI up and away. I don't know how much he can follow up after that.

Also if he's not using his aerial game then you should have no problem dancing around his hitboxes and punishing. Work on making your movement more dank (which should be your goal in every matchup anyway).

Cloudburst

Smash Cadet
I just footstool Yoshi once he's offstage. He can't mixup his double jump insanely well, so once I get him offstage with a grab or whatever I jump out in a manner that is protecting the edge and mash X (I have uptaunt bound to X to act as my footstool button)

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Yoshi...

uair juggles for days, bait his DJ, get him offstage.

Respect his D-smash on the ground, respect his Nair in the air

Dair can melt his doublejump armor if you land all the hits.
That's wrong his subtractive armor actually works like this

Fair starts breaking the DJ armor at 83%

Outside of that squirtle can outmaneuver him well, but CC is really effective so definitely go for juggles not tech chases.

D-tilting him before like 70-80% is crazy risky.

Last edited:

Cloudburst

Smash Cadet
Honestly just toss him offstage then footstool.

Edit: looks like I already contributed to this thread haha

Last edited:
Top Bottom