• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard combos

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
I thought this would be a cool original topic. I'll get right into it.

Possible
Squirtle combos

-High damage and knockback combo
Im guessing the withdraw attack will knock people up at an angle.
At the same time Squirtles up B goes up at an angle.
We also know that after useing an up B from the ground most characters can still preform a jump after and still use an attack.

-Side B, knocks them into the air. then use up B to follow them doing more damage.
Then an up air, followed by a jump followed by a forward air. Then if his neutral B is
Watergun or another type of projectile you can shoot at them on the way down.
If this is done close to the edge you can withdraw back to the edge then shoot at them.

Possible
Ivysaur combos

-Combo that counters heavy characters
If you can get a grab attack in and throw your opponent into the air, your up B move
will grab them sending you up and them down slamming into the ground. you can probably
knock them back into the air by fast falling and useing an airial.

You can probably repeat this over and over if the other person is at a low % or if the other person is a heavy character. This can be an advanced chain grap for Ivysaur.
Posibly if you close to an edge to can throw them directly off the edge with 1 of your combos

Possible
Charizard Combos

-Glide to grab combo

We all know that Charizard can glide, I believe a common combo we will see is him
useing his flame thrower and his glide together. Glideing straight toward an opponent.
then useing his flame when he gets close. This may prevent the other person from jumping
out of the way, letting you start a ground combo.

-Get into a glide and direction it to fly over or a little past your opponent.
-Use flame thrower when you get close or above him.
-Contienue blowing flames straight down until your close enough to preform a grab.

High damage combo

If you can manage to get the opponent into a grab, down throw them then short hop into
a down flame, this maybe another advanced chain grab. It would only work at low %
or against heavy characters.

Edgeguarding

His Rock throw seems to me like a ranged killing move. So if you can somehow
throw them off the edge, the rock smash will pobably be a great edgeguard.
The bolder itself looks big and pritty hard to avoid.

Gimpyfish said that Bowsers flame was aimable, knowing this Charizard could
dash to the edge and just use his flame to edgeguard.

if your faceing a fast character like fox, Flamming edge guard would probable be better.
But if your faceing a flying character like metaknight or pit the rock smash would probably be better.

Post your own Combos and I'll add them to the list

Percon

Smash Lord
I don't think it's too advisable to start thinking of combos that in all likelyhood aren't going to work. PT wasn't playable in the demo, and we have barely seen ANY gameplay of his. No offiicial matches or anything. You're just assuming that all these attacks are usable after one another, when we don't actually know anything about their knockback or lag.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
At least im createing an interesting topic!
Not like your doing anything interesting!
Or are you? I dont really know.

626key

Smash Journeyman
626key here with some rather likely attacks
squirtle nuetril b: water gun simaler to mario's FLUDD
ivysaur side b: razor leaf (duh)
charizard up b: wing attack

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
How do you think wing attack would work? Maybe it will be another fire move
his wing attack will probably be a his forwar smash attack.

626key

Smash Journeyman
well it may not be wing attack, it may be sky upper cut or sismic toss (like caption falcon)

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
there's no way to speculate on this kinda thing until we actually know their standard attacks...

here's hoping squirtle is awesome =(

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
you completely missed the point of the whole topic.
We do know within reason what the attack will and wont do.

We know squirtles up b probably wont spike down. And jugeing by what we know from previous attacks we can speculate what some combos will be. People went to the convention and they know the mecanics of glideing with the different characters. Charazards glide wont change that much.

Top Bottom