• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirt Man on Ice

MrAzureKun

Smash Cadet
I was having some fun with PM today when I decided to randomly play on Infinite Glacier only to find that the most of my hydroplaning would freeze itself in the shell.
Is it a common squirtle problem to never want to hydroplane on ice physics? Or is there some way of making sure that this doesn't happen?

Thetoymaker787

Smash Cadet
Is this not news to everyone?
Am I just late to the party?
Are you sure tap jump wasn't left off by accident? That keeps you in shell.

I messed around on that stage a lot because I love sliding. Although my friends couldn't figure out how to skate correctly. Haha

Anyway, I don't remember getting locked in shell doing that. You get locked in shell if you do the jump hydroplane thing (I can't remember the move names even though iv been playing for over a year as just squirtle) and you move the stick in the same pattern as you would normally but in a smaller semi circle without touching the edges with the stick, you will get stuck in shell.

So maybe you are doing one of the two of those (little stick turn or tap jump on) Leastways, if you wanna wanna mess with people then do it and jump out into another attack. It makes for a good mix up and can catch people off guard

Last edited:
Top Bottom