• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SquareEnix Characters? (Final Fanstasy's)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think Chocobo/Mog or Chocobo alone is a good enough rep for a few reasons:

-Popular icon in Japan
-Mascot of Square Enix
-Has a franchise of its own
-Very well known worldwide
-Has appeared in all FF games except the 1st
-Has a great variety of moves, and moves based on job skills (puts down Black Mage)
-Was supposedly the most requested 3rd party in the Melee polls.

blayde_axel

Smash Master

-Popular icon in Japan
-Mascot of Square Enix
-Has a great variety of moves, and moves based on job skills (puts down Black Mage)
What? Are you serious?

I'd go with Cloud. Yeah, I know, he's only been a crappy card of KH: CoM, but it's Final Fantasy's... guy.

vastler

Smash Apprentice

-Popular icon in Japan
-Mascot of Square Enix
ohhhh.... i never thout of that ,nice reason (but maybe his better as an AT) still NICE!!!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
What? Are you serious?

I'd go with Cloud. Yeah, I know, he's only been a crappy card of KH: CoM, but it's Final Fantasy's... guy.
Dead serious. All of what I said is true.

I still have to reconfirm the most requested 3rd party for Melee bit. But the rest is 100% true.

He is the face of SQUARE, while slime is the face of ENIX.

I THINK he's the most likely choice. Think about it. Cartoony, unique, variety.. reeks Nintendo. But I personally would've preferred Crono.

Cloud is a big stretch.. but I don't deny it will boost sales through the roof. I just don't know if Sakurai counts his cameo as a Nintendo appearance..

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Dead serious. All of what I said is true.

I still have to reconfirm the most requested 3rd party for Melee bit. But the rest is 100% true.

He is the face of SQUARE, while slime is the face of ENIX.

I THINK he's the most likely choice. Think about it. Cartoony, unique, variety.. reeks Nintendo. But I personally would've preferred Crono.

Cloud is a big stretch.. but I don't deny it will boost sales through the roof. I just don't know if Sakurai counts his cameo as a Nintendo appearance..
I'm sure you've seen how I feel about Moogles... lol. But Chocobo(e)s are fine. Screams "Yoshi" clone, though.

But I would pick... hmm... how about this. "Hero." He can flip through four classes: Warrior, Black Mage, White Mage, and... whatever the other one was. I forgot. was it Monk?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm sure you've seen how I feel about Moogles... lol. But Chocobo(e)s are fine. Screams "Yoshi" clone, though.

But I would pick... hmm... how about this. "Hero." He can flip through four classes: Warrior, Black Mage, White Mage, and... whatever the other one was. I forgot. was it Monk?

Nah, they could make him unique. I mean come on! He could fly around a bit like the Black Chocobo. He could do the Chocobo Kick, or ChocoBuckle counter! And my favorite part..
Final Smash: FAT CHOCOBO!

Then again, he could also have his special moves from his latest game, where he switches between classes (Black Mage chocobo, Knight Chocobo, etc) ((Kinda like what you suggested, lol))

Changing classes could be a cool addition too.

I wouldn't mind a Chocobo AT though.. I don't really know how good the relationship between Ninty and Square-Enix is doing.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
No, I'm pretty sure Sora is SE.
All original material and characters in KH games belongs to Disney, just take a look at the screen with the copyrights(just before the title screen), because Disney is greedy.
SE only owns FF stuff in KH.

Also to people saying CoM sucked, it did, but Re:CoM(PS2) was awesome, you should try it.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
not quiet true my friend, thou you can say his part Disney and part SE
He's not part SE.
Also Disney released a V Cast KH game, in which SE had no involvement.
And the KH2 clearly says 2005 Disney, followed by other copyright information, including SE's( which only has FF games' copyright).
EDIT: Taken directly from the KH2 website...
© Disney Enterprises, Inc.

Developed by SQUARE ENIX.

© Disney. Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas © Touchstone Pictures. Developed by SQUARE ENIX. Characters from FINAL FANTASY video game series: © 1990, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2005 Square Enix Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved. SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
SEPHIROTH!! Da da da da......SEPHIROTH!!! The Advent Children one of course.

I don't care if he wasn't on a Nintendo game, it'd be sick nasty if I could pick him and you all know it!

NeoZ

Smash Ace
SEPHIROTH!! Da da da da......SEPHIROTH!!! The Advent Children one of course.

I don't care if he wasn't on a Nintendo game, it'd be sick nasty if I could pick him and you all know it!
He would be way too overpowered, and his range would be like the brawl beam sword x3.
He would still be great lol

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
He would be way too overpowered, and his range would be like the brawl beam sword x3.
He would still be great lol
Ha ha! That's exactly why I want em on the game bro. All the villains currently affilated with Nintendo pale in comparision to Sephiroth. :cool:

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Any news on SquareEnix being a Third party? not sure weather it was decomfirmed or not.

I'm thinkin Squall or Zell from FFIIX would be pretty good
Too late to ask for that, lol. They already added Aisha from Romancing Saga in there as a playable character along with Saruin as an A.T.

Source?

Until you get me someone who is posting from Japan, then I will. But if not, I'm afraid I cant give it away. Sorry :chuckle:

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Too late to ask for that, lol. They already added Aisha from Romancing Saga in there as a playable character along with Saruin as an A.T.

Source?

Until you get me someone who is posting from Japan, then I will. But if not, I'm afraid I cant give it away. Sorry :chuckle:
LIAR LIAR LIAR!!

Proof please.

NeoZ

Smash Ace

Source?

Care to explain why do you need someone from Japan, liar?

@ WiiwanttoBrawl: Sora is owned by DISNEY, I already showed evidence in a previous post.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Any news on SquareEnix being a Third party? not sure weather it was decomfirmed or not.

I'm thinkin Squall or Zell from FFIIX would be pretty good
Geno says hi. Geno also says that no Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, etc character has as good a chance as he does.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
I am a Sora supporter and I think he has a good chance of being in brawl. But... as much as it pains me to write this......... Geno is probably the most likely SE character to be in Brawl. :( I..am...SORRY.

Fox McWIN

Smash Cadet
Fox thinks they should put Crono in the game. I mean if they aren't gonna make any more Chrono games...the least they could do is put him in there. One of the greatest games of all time. Fox could use some real competition

vastler

Smash Apprentice
I am a Sora supporter and I think he has a good chance of being in brawl. But... as much as it pains me to write this......... Geno is probably the most likely SE character to be in Brawl. :( I..am...SORRY.
if his in ,what would he represent?
his in a mario series, what symbol whoud he have

sonicspeed 96

Smash Journeyman
sorry new guy but no... sora never appeared on a nintendo platform and nintendo isnt going to feature a character made famous on PS2... GO AWAY
*facepalm* Sora appeared in Chain of Memories for the GBA.

Research before you post garbage. ^_^

Machspeed

Smash Lord
*facepalm* Sora appeared in Chain of Memories for the GBA.

Research before you post garbage. ^_^
Sora appeared in one game, Chain of Memories, which wasn't even a Nintendo exclusive.

In Japan it was made for the Playstation - in 3D.
Nintendo got the short end of the stick from Square-Enix when it came to that game.

sonicspeed 96

Smash Journeyman
Another Mario character? Give Kh a chance, will ya?

Fox thinks they should put Crono in the game. I mean if they aren't gonna make any more Chrono games...the least they could do is put him in there. One of the greatest games of all time. Fox could use some real competition
Hey don't say anything about real competition 'till you can prove it.

vastler

Smash Apprentice
Sora appeared in one game, Chain of Memories, which wasn't even a Nintendo exclusive.

In Japan it was made for the Playstation - in 3D.
Nintendo got the short end of the stick from Square-Enix when it came to that game.
the 3D were made so people who don't have GBA could play chain of memo

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
This topic is more of a "zomg Sora should be in the braulz!" then a Square Enix rep topic.

vastler

Smash Apprentice
Then why didn't they include it on Gamecube also, for people who didn't have a Playstation?
don't have a PS2 ,you got to be kidding me no gamer in the right mind don't have a PS2

All hail the playstation(just as said in Snakes on a plane)

Top Bottom