• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spurashing with dair

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Here's some weird short hop fastfall dair trick.

:4miisword: The last hit on Dair that makes the shockwave as you drop can still damage and knock your opponent back if you're close enough.

:4miisword: At low percents or against heavy characters (or both), you can string together a few dairs and/or follow up with an attack. At higher percents (around the 30-50% mark) this will push the opponent back further

Take a look at the gif:

An easy way to do this is to have a button mapped to jumping (quick tap of the X or Y button to short hop) lightly tilt the control stick towards the opponent, then tap and hold the right/c-stick downwards in midair. Rinse repeat.

The name has to do with the shockwave effect that your opponent and dair have when hitting the ground, creating a splash of sorts. This is best used occasionally as a punish on a whiffed attack, and can be done out of an airdodge at normal jump heights.

Drippy

Smash Ace
Oh wow I'm going to try to incorporate this into my gameplay, I never really used d-air much. In general I need to do more Mii Swordsfighter research o.o

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Something I forgot to mention: Only try to go for one or two at a time if you decide to do this.

Drippy

Smash Ace
Something I forgot to mention: Only try to go for one or two at a time if you decide to do this.
And I assume this only works at lower percents?

EDIT: Nvm I'm stupid, I read your post fully this time... Playing a game and reading stuff at the same time is bound to make me not pay attention to everything :(

Last edited:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
And I assume this only works at lower percents?
You can do this at any percent. Trying to go for more than one only works at lower percents, as your opponent doesn't get sent back as far.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Here's some weird short hop fastfall dair trick.

:4miisword: The last hit on Dair that makes the shockwave as you drop can still damage and knock your opponent back if you're close enough.

:4miisword: At low percents or against heavy characters (or both), you can string together a few dairs and/or follow up with an attack. At higher percents (around the 30-50% mark) this will push the opponent back further

Take a look at the gif:

An easy way to do this is to have a button mapped to jumping (quick tap of the X or Y button to short hop) lightly tilt the control stick towards the opponent, then tap and hold the right/c-stick downwards in midair. Rinse repeat.

The name has to do with the shockwave effect that your opponent and dair have when hitting the ground, creating a splash of sorts. This is best used occasionally as a punish on a whiffed attack, and can be done out of an airdodge at normal jump heights.
"In the 'We tech those' Channel"

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I sort of knew about this before but decide to punish them with SoL. I have never thought you can continuously abuse Dair's Shockwave.
"In the 'We tech those' Channel"
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. However, you can now either tech chase or follow up into other moves/attacks. For example-
If your opponent doesn't tech, you can keep Spurashing.
If your opponent does tech and stand, you can followup with a jab, upair, Gale Strike. If they shield, you grab him/her
If your opponent does tech and roll backward, you can followup with a dash attack, dash grab or SoL.
If your opponent does tech and predict roll forward, you can punish with a Stutter Fsmash or anything from above.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I'd never do this unless this game suddenly decided to have L-cancelling. Its way too punishable x.x

I think.

Top Bottom