• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spring on the ground

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
I was just fooling around for the last 20 mins and noticed that when a spring is left on the ground and Sonic jumps on it, you can cancel that jump by doing a Dair, a rapid Dair. Sonic will repeately do a Dair on to the spring until it dissapears and as long as he does this he wont spring upwards when he jumps onto the spring. After figuring this out (not very useful) I found out that this method could be used as a defensive method in some situations. Because when I threw projectiles at the Sonic doing the above method, all of the projectiles, at least the ones I tried where not hit and rather hit the spring than Sonic. This is very interesting, tell me what you guys think.

prat

Smash Rookie
I did see SonicOrochi do this in one of his vids, but didn't think it could be use defensively. Guess I'll see what it can do 2mmorow.

Nao Hikari

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NaoHikari
Switch FC
SW 1055 2032 9641
maybe a possible form of edge guard? like if the opponent tries to get up you can start hitting them with the rapid d-airs .__.;; or...something...

R4ZE

Smash Ace
one game i laid a spring and afterwords my opponent accidently sprung up on it also. maybe a god tactic to get kills faster with sonic? since it makes them airborn, it sets them up nicely for a Uair kill. or atleast an arial battle, which i consider one of sonics strong areas.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
R4ze, its a nice though but its just too situational to be practical. Anyone who knows what they are doing won't fall on a spring. Ophelia, this seems interesting, I will look into it.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
ya true. actually, if u wait for them to try an arieal attack on you... then spring up, they will most likely get bumped up by the spring... it seems like it has a pretty wide area to jump people.

Top Bottom