• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Spring Dancing"

Gary Oak

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, first post.
Me and My friend were playing etc and i made up my own half-tech.
I'm unsure if it's been done before but heres what you do:
Jump above a spring (Sonic's, Pictochat's, The item, Custom Stage spring)
Use a Dair which causes the character to kick downwards (Sonic's, Shiek's, ZsS's)
Smash C-stick down repeatedly.

Doing this causes the character to float in midair and keep kicking, causing the spring to be useless to others.
If done on pictochat springs the character will go straight through it and give you a hiding spot.
Sonic can use this ability easily by using his B up and then cancelling and jumping above his spring and spamming his Dair smash. (causing alot of his spring sound)

Another thing like this that you can do is use lucarios down B aftter using a spring jump, causing infinite double team and a really loud repetitive noise.

Also, i have no vids to show this but try it and you'll see for yourself.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Yeah.

No.

It's old. Way old.

What's better is using a spring to cancel your previous aerial, instantly double jumping and using another aerial.

It's kinda reminiscent of L-cancelling.

Gary Oak

Smash Rookie
Ah i see.
Well yeah i was just sharing my knowledge of things and i hadn't seen it mentioned before.

Gary Oak

Smash Rookie
Metaknight's B kinda works and his side B can drill through the spring in Pictochat.
But seriously Lucario's Down B spam on a spring is the worst noise ever, second to Mario's succesful Up B.

Top Bottom