• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spray Painting PowerA Wireless GameCube Controller

SeoulTea

Smash Rookie
Hello all! I’m new to this forum, so please forgive me if I have put this in the wrong place or am doing this wrong entirely.

I wanted to reach out to anyone who has personally Spray Painted a GameCube Controller. I decided to purchase a Grey PowerA Wireless GameCube Controller and to Spray Paint the Buttons Pink. I am worried that over time these will wear out. I waited 30 minutes for the Rustoleum(¿) Acrylic Spray Paint to dry, and applied 3 layers of Krylon Matte Clear Coat throughout the day. I have seen people say that Spray Painting your Buttons is a bad idea (However I am not concerned about the fit, the Buttons will fit fine I am purely worried about the paint coming off). Do you guys think the Clear Coat will prevent wear and the paint from coming off, at least for a good bit? I would say I play Smash more than a casual, but a bit less than a competitive. I don’t think I am particularly rough with my controllers, but my hands do get sweaty.

Any individuals with experience with customizing controllers (or painting plastic) please reach out! I’m a little worried that it will not last because PowerA buttons are different than regular GC buttons, so I couldn’t buy replacements without buying another controller...

MorrisPalombo

Smash Rookie
Hello all! I’m new to this forum, so please forgive me if I have put this in the wrong place or am doing this wrong entirely.

I wanted to reach out to anyone who has personally Spray Painted a GameCube Controller. I decided to purchase a Grey PowerA Wireless GameCube Controller and to Spray Paint the Buttons Pink. I am worried that over time these will wear out. I waited 30 minutes for the Rustoleum(¿) Acrylic Spray Paint to dry, and applied 3 layers of Krylon Matte Clear Coat throughout the day. I have seen people say that Spray Painting your Buttons is a bad idea (However I am not concerned about the fit, the Buttons will fit fine I am purely worried about the paint coming off).

Do you guys think the Clear Coat will prevent wear and the paint from coming off, at least for a good bit? I would say I play Smash more than a casual, but a bit less than a competitive. I don’t think I am particularly rough with my controllers, but my hands do get sweaty.

Any individuals with experience with customizing controllers (or painting plastic) please reach out! I’m a little worried that it will not last because PowerA buttons are different than regular GC buttons, so I couldn’t buy replacements without buying another controller...
Thanks for sharing your experience with us

Top Bottom