• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spot-Slide/Wave-Slide. (Video Added)

Unusual_Rex

Smash Journeyman
Well, you all know that you can run and instantly shield making you slide.

What I've started doing is running then instantly spot-dodging. giving you an invincible slide.

I find this extremely useful because:

-Approaching the opponent without fear of being hit.
-When you slide with the shield if your hit, you receive knock-back when you spot-dodge you don't
-You don't have to drop your shield to attack out of it.
-You can pass through your opponent.
-Mind games.
-Easy to do.

I use to name Wave-Slide to keep it with the whole "wave" theme. But if you guys want a move descriptive name we could call it Slide Dodge, or something to that effect.

Anyways I hope you guys find it as useful as I do!

Here's the link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KNeYUIxhiw

Note: Some characters will stop almost instantly when trying to perform this.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
why need a vid. u just run adn spot dodge. in melee it stopped u by a lot. here u just slide because characters always slide. its simply a game mechanic just like pressing a after jumping is

Unusual_Rex

Smash Journeyman
this is ********.

why give a running spot dodge another name?
If you read my whole post I said, I only called it Wave-Sliding because it goes with the whole "Wave" theme. Also I said we could call it something different.

I personally find it really useful.

Foxy

Smash Master
It's useful and such and looks like a slide but COME ON, it's just a running spot dodge.

Unless you're making fun of all the wavedash attempts, in which case, good job. =D

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I think it would be original to name an advanced technique without the words wave, dash, or cancel. Try to think of something more unique.

Bud

Smash Journeyman
I think we should post all the moves you cant slide with, because theres been millions of AT's that are simply part of the physics of brawl. In other words, SLIDING MOMENTUM IS A FACTOR IN BRAWL. < new AT.

Unusual_Rex

Smash Journeyman
Good point Bud, I just haven't seen many people do it. "Advanced Technique" wasn't the right words, more like just "Technique" (like short hop, fast fall).

I thought I'd post it here because I find it helpful, and thought others might benefit from it.

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
This thread is about as useful as if I were to make one describing my new advanced technique "Doing attacks in the air".

No offence bro but this is getting ridiculous. First of all I can't stand how everyone's called everything ADVANCED, what is difficult about this? You don't even have to do anything quickly. And claiming it's good for mindgames doesn't mean jack. Standing in place instead of running can sometimes be a mindgame, is it a technique or an advanced one at that? No.

Sorry to come off bitter but everyone on these forums needs a kick in the nuts for being so fucking desperate to "discover" a technique.

Unusual_Rex

Smash Journeyman
Whatever. I'm not trying to spam or anything. And as I said "advanced" probably wasn't the right word. I thought I'd share it because I use it. I thought others may find it useful as well.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I don't see any slide there :dizzy:

Offtopic: What are you using to record your videos?

Unusual_Rex

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad someone so far has liked it :)

I called it wave-sliding so it fit the "wave" theme as I've said numourous times.

I'll gladly change the name to something more descriptive if you guys want.

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
The hell? How is this possibly an advanced technique? Most people have probably already done it by accident. -_-

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
I never thought of doing this (I hate spotdodging.) but this seems useful and cool.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Spot-slide!
This is the incorrect answer. The correct answer is: "This is not advanced. It has no name."

I honestly thought we were past the ridiculous naming of basic tech.

Just call it "The Drephen Maneuver." It's what he'd do.
I've seen SDM do it a lot, too. Maybe they should fight for naming privileges.

Unusual_Rex

Smash Journeyman
Just call it "The Drephen Maneuver." It's what he'd do.
What?

This is the incorrect answer. The correct answer is: "This is not advanced. It has no name."

I honestly thought we were past the ridiculous naming of basic tech.

I've seen SDM do it a lot, too. Maybe they should fight for naming privileges.

Why are you people so pissed that I'm trying to help? You guys seem to try to bash everyone at every opportunity.

All I'm saying is that I find it useful, and wanted to share it. The reason that I tried to name it is so every time I would refer to it, I wouldn't have to type "While dashing do a spot-dodge, and you'll slide".

What is the big deal? Honestly...

shal

Smash Apprentice
yeah i commend you as well, i dont see why other people should put you on the spot for this.

Benjamin Linus

Smash Apprentice
this isnt exactly an advanced technique. and im also sorry to burst your bubble but i dont see much use for it because most of the time your opponent will be moving so it would be hard to slide behind them. the side-step dodge also gives you lag so by the time your behind them your just getting out of the side-step and they can still do something to you.

i was a nice try but i dont think its very useful.

Blatherskite

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I just discovered a super useful technique. I like to call it the wavejumpairdodge. It's where you jump and then air dodge. Hey ain't I useful?

Unusual_Rex

Smash Journeyman
this isnt exactly an advanced technique. and im also sorry to burst your bubble but i dont see much use for it because most of the time your opponent will be moving so it would be hard to slide behind them. the side-step dodge also gives you lag so by the time your behind them your just getting out of the side-step and they can still do something to you.

i was a nice try but i dont think its very useful.
Sorry to hear you don't find it very useful. Some characters slide farther than others. I do this with Marth and find it useful. You get the bast effect if they are charging a move, you run in and Spot-Slide, they miss, and you counter.

Like all moves, techniques, and advanced techniques, you need to know when to use it.

I mainly use it for approaching, but I'm sure you could find other times to use it.

It also works well it you and your opponent are dashing at each other, he attacks, and you Spot-Slide through him.

Hey guys, I just discovered a super useful technique. I like to call it the wavejumpairdodge. It's where you jump and then air dodge. Hey ain't I useful?
What must everyone be a smart arse cunt?

Mr.Trite

Smash Apprentice
If you spot dodge you can counter anyway.

I agree with the Drephen bit though :D

People are just annoyed with you because everyone is more than sick of people trying to make up names for "Advanced Techniques" which are useless/don't deserve a name/is common sense.

Like this one.

Top Bottom