• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Spolier)Whats the deal with SSB's story line?

Razorsaw

Smash Apprentice
R.O.B. is obviously the Ancient Minister because the Ancient Minister is the leader of an army of R.O.B.s. I dunnow man, it's like asking why the president of the United States is an American.

Ichida

Smash Ace
These are just some of the things that made no sense to me in SSE.
1) Why does Sonic appear out of nowhere?
CAAMEEOOOOO. He was added into the game much later in development so they had to find somewhere to fit him in.

2) Why is R.O.B. the Ancient Minister
Why is the Prime Minister Canadian? :p

3) Why doesn't PT have pictures of his pokemon, instead of a Pokedex?
*does. Obviously if he had even encountered them so as to scan their data, he would have captured them already. Since he most likely hadn't, there'd be no way to acquire said PokeDEX data. Plus, it doesn't even seem like he has one anyways, or else for sure he'd have tried to scan Lucas, at least. XD

4) Why doesn't he just catch Charizard?
You've never played Pokemon before, have you? Obviously Charizard is too strong to catch without weakening, whereas Ivysaur seemed to not be so tough. XD

5) Couldn't DK have just pushed Diddy to the side giving him enough time to move out the way himself?
But that would hurt the drama. I didn't miss DK or Ness. XD

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the SSE storyline. Some of the stuff really didn't make sense... not that it needed to. This is a freaking fighting game! What fighting game has ever had a truly awesome storyline?! Much less one build off of a twisted Nintendo world with tons of different games all colliding!

Really... all the fun and awesome cutscenes with all the different characters was more than enough to satisfy me. My favorite scenes were the ones where Diddy "insists" on going a certain direction. :laugh:

snipertango

Smash Cadet
SSE's story wasnt hard to follow like someone on here said. It was simple Good vs Evil. Evil has pawns and one ultimate boss(Tabuu). Good comes together and beats him.(FF7 yo and the final boss fight against Seph).

Snake isnt that great of a character nor is Sonic. They could have had better choices. I know not many people have played it but i thought Haseo(from .hack's second series) would have been cool and like a anti-pit due to the fact they both have daggers.(Konami hopped on the .hack bandwagon for the second series). Kirby didnt need anymore characters period. Kirby was enough. Fire Emblem i would have liked to see Sothe or Roy back(give him Ikes moves but more speed.) and then Add Sothe. Knuckles > Sonic(or at least more of an actual fighter.) thats my opinion so dont get your panties in a bunch Sonic fanboys im just stating a point.

oh and FF7 and KH were good games

rove

Smash Apprentice
Eh I liked SSE at the begining, but once I hit 50% or so, I hated the **** that you had to do it again.
I mean like roaming around in the same area again...
Thats what really ticked me off.
I really wanted to see something else...
In all, I give SSE a 7/10

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
I picture Tabuu as being a character no one knew about until the end when he popped up. If Ganondorf knew of him, I doubt he would have put himself in that position against him.

Sonic's inclusion was random and last minute, I'll admit. But I enjoyed playing it through.

If anything in SSE didn't make sense... it was Peach convincing Game and Watch to join them by letting him play with her umbrella. What. The. Hell.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
SSE's story wasnt hard to follow like someone on here said. It was simple Good vs Evil. Evil has pawns and one ultimate boss(Tabuu). Good comes together and beats him.(FF7 yo and the final boss fight against Seph).

Snake isnt that great of a character nor is Sonic. They could have had better choices. I know not many people have played it but i thought Haseo(from .hack's second series) would have been cool and like a anti-pit due to the fact they both have daggers.(Konami hopped on the .hack bandwagon for the second series). Kirby didnt need anymore characters period. Kirby was enough. Fire Emblem i would have liked to see Sothe or Roy back(give him Ikes moves but more speed.) and then Add Sothe. Knuckles > Sonic(or at least more of an actual fighter.) thats my opinion so dont get your panties in a bunch Sonic fanboys im just stating a point.

oh and FF7 and KH were good games
I'm not a Sonic fanboy, but I can shoot down your logic.

Knuckles over Sonic, the main character who represents a series and a company? And we take his sidekick over him? From a marketting standpoint, that's silly. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to see Knuckles in Brawl.

Haseo never appeared on a Nintendo console and has no relation to Nintendo.

I apologize for the doublepost. =/

snipertango

Smash Cadet
yea true i get that. But Knuckles is more of Sonics rival if anything. Tails was more his sidekick. Knuckles if you noticed was never about the emeralds just the master emerald pieces, that what his storyline always was hed show up help then leave. But youre right about Haseo, i didnt really think of it that way.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
I'm not a Sonic fanboy, but I can shoot down your logic.

Knuckles over Sonic, the main character who represents a series and a company? And we take his sidekick over him? From a marketting standpoint, that's silly. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to see Knuckles in Brawl.

Haseo never appeared on a Nintendo console and has no relation to Nintendo.

I apologize for the doublepost. =/
Your still not making sense. You think it would be better if we had the rivial of a 3rd parties mascot over the actual mascot that sells games? I could understand if we had 2 sonic reps, but knuckles over sonic in here would make as much as sense as putting butterfree over pikachu on pokemon merchandise.

ITS JUST NOT SMART.

snipertango

Smash Cadet
thats what he said. He just was stating he would have also liked to see Knuckles in it. Pikachu was only popular because that was Pokemons market choice. Im sure you could have made charmander or any other pokemon more popular then pikachu easily.

Ichida

Smash Ace
If anything in SSE didn't make sense... it was Peach convincing Game and Watch to join them by letting him play with her umbrella. What. The. Hell.
Not to mention Fox and Sheik, about to go at it, being stopped by Peach's hammerspace teaset.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Wait wait wait, how do you get a trophy stand while fighting Tabuu? I don't even remember getting any items while I was fighting him... and you can't take one in there can you?

And if I just remember incorrectly and you do get items in there, that would be a huge hassle to wait for the trophy stand and THEN hit him with it. I suck at aiming with that thing.

Shuma

Smash Hero
*sigh*

This what i understand:

Master Hand is the lord and master of the Smash World(like a kid playing with tous, or trophies...) Tabuu is another kid.

But the actual storyline is that Wario/Bowser/Ganondor/Dedede are simply doing what Master Hand orders them to do, however, Dedede and Ganondorf knew something was wrong, Dedede tried to capture as many heroes to save them, and ganondorf's "betrayal" was to make Tabuu lower his guard.

WHen Ganondorf meets wit hmaster Hand in the "computer" room you see him smiling, he knows there's something weird going on. Of course he never expected the bad guy to be so strong, hence why he get's his *** kicked.

The Rest of the storyline is just "the bad guys are invading us lol".

Practically it goes like this:

Tabuu captures R.O.B who is the lord of the ancients(the other robs) in the floating islands, he captures Mr. Game and Watch and uses him to make the Subspace army(this is explained in trophies). He controls Master Hand so that he can enslave the powerfull villains, Ganondorf, Bowser, Wario and Dedede, Dedede and Ganondorf know something is wrong, Dedede tries to save the world, Ganondorf takes the chance to try and defeat his enemies, yet in the end he tried to defeat Tabuu by himself, failing miserably.

Puffs

Smash Ace
*sigh*

This what i understand:

Master Hand is the lord and master of the Smash World(like a kid playing with tous, or trophies...) Tabuu is another kid.

But the actual storyline is that Wario/Bowser/Ganondor/Dedede are simply doing what Master Hand orders them to do, however, Dedede and Ganondorf knew something was wrong, Dedede tried to capture as many heroes to save them, and ganondorf's "betrayal" was to make Tabuu lower his guard.

WHen Ganondorf meets wit hmaster Hand in the "computer" room you see him smiling, he knows there's something weird going on. Of course he never expected the bad guy to be so strong, hence why he get's his *** kicked.

The Rest of the storyline is just "the bad guys are invading us lol".

Practically it goes like this:

Tabuu captures R.O.B who is the lord of the ancients(the other robs) in the floating islands, he captures Mr. Game and Watch and uses him to make the Subspace army(this is explained in trophies). He controls Master Hand so that he can enslave the powerfull villains, Ganondorf, Bowser, Wario and Dedede, Dedede and Ganondorf know something is wrong, Dedede tries to save the world, Ganondorf takes the chance to try and defeat his enemies, yet in the end he tried to defeat Tabuu by himself, failing miserably.
You did a pretty bad job of reading Ganondorf's facial expressions. He had no idea what was going on when Tabuu appeared. All he knew was that Master Hand was in trouble, and it's apparent Master Hand is something like a deity to the trophies.

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
I thought subspace's storyline was great. Shuma, up there, summed it up nicely. Not too hard to figure out if you put some thought into it.
And yes, Master Hand IS a deity to the trophies. He's the one who originally gave them life, after all. See the original Smash Bros opening for details.

I kinda like how the characters are invincible, turning back into trophies when they "die." It's kinda cool.

Plus, the tea thing was hilarious, as was Diddy Kong dragging away the Space Animals. Also, it's pretty challenging even on Hard, in the later levels. I'm looking forward to playing Intense. ~.^

Also, it was a bit Kirby-centric, but that's not a bad thing. Kirby's been in the game since the original Smash Bros and he hasn't had much attention lately, due to the lack of Kirby for Wii, so he kinda deserved it. Also, Master Hand makes a cameo in some of the Kirby Games. XD

kevinsano

Smash Rookie
I never called Sakurai ineffectual nor moronic. Just selfish and ignorant of the fact that his pet games aren't as important to Nintendo as he thinks they are (which according to Sakurai, is about equal to Mario/Zelda/Pokemon). And I don't like it because it doesn't make sense. If Kirby were the be all and end all of Nintendo, then I'd be fine with it. But it's not; thus I have a problem with how .

And I'm not arrogant; I'm correct. I love it how just because people decide that the things they don't like are being espoused by egocentric, illiterate imbeciles--very mature and open-minded on your part [sarcasm:/]. Besides, arrogance is by far better than ignorance--SSE is a glorified Kirby game, and anyone who tries to ignore facts and argue otherwise obviously doesn't have much appreciation for arbitrary representation of deserving series.

Go preach your close-minded gullibility to someone who actually cares.
Sure, let's just forget that the ENTIRE Smash Bros Series is heavily based on Kirby Super Star, right down to the controls (Well, the Smash attack thing is new). Heaven forbid if Sakurai bases Brawl's single player mode on Kirby, especially since Melee's adventure mode did the exact same thing.

Saying that it doesn't make sense for Sakurai to make SSE into a "glorified Kirby game" amounts to saying that the entire Smash bros series has been mistake from the start...

You can't have Smash without Kirby... and that has nothing to do with being a Kirby fanboy, it's just simple honesty.

Top Bottom