• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILERS] Pokemon X & Y Potential Newcomer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Shard

Dark Lord of the Smash Bros.
I haven't seen one of these pop up yet, so I decided I'd take some initiative and start one. If this is in error, I apologize, and please direct me to where a Pokemon-centric discussion is taking place.

My hope is that the goal of this discussion will be to analyze and predict what Generation VI Pokemon may be represented in SSB for Wii U and 3DS. I'd like to suggest some ground rules/guidelines/things to keep in mind:

- This is not a wishlist thread
- Lucario was selected for Brawl because of Generation IV being the current gen. and his relevance in his feature movie, along with some minor plot importance in the Sinnoh games
- Lucario replaced Mewtwo, who has thus far been a one-time Smash participant
- Based on above, we will assume for the purpose of this thread that Lucario WILL be replaced by a Pokemon from Gen. VI, not from V
- We will ignore any potential relevancy from Mega Evolutions
- Consider what Kalos Pokemon are likely to get a feature based on the limited knowledge we have about them
- Until Hoenn is 100% confirmed for a remake, I'm going to assume we won't get a Gen. III Pokemon. Discussions for such should take place elsewhere.

We will assume that Jigglypuff will return to join Pikachu (perhaps with some new Fairy-type attacks), and again, to reiterate, are looking to decide what new Kalos Pokemon is most likely to replace Lucario.

I would support a side discussion to talk about Pokemon Trainer, whether he will return, who might replace him, will he have a new team, what generation would that slot represent, etc... keeping in mind it won't necessarily be Gen. VI Pokemon, and that speculation for that particular roster slot will likely be less-founded in historical actualities and more in vague predictions.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Based on the limited knowledge it could be a Pokemon Trainer Kalos. This is the most likely featuring the starters from Gen6.(as most information was about the mega evolution and who will have a mega evolution)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom