• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SPOILERS!!!-For those who ONLY want the roster and NOT SSE Spoilers...-NOW WITH VIDEO

Arashi

Smash Cadet
Wasn't there supposed to be another third-world character? I smell more secret characters...

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
because the game was leaked. You can see in one of the videos that the guy is using a computer to play it, as it starts to lag up even when he isn't playing online.

There is a possibility that the roster is different, but it's extremely small.
Maybe some Nintendo employee made his own version and threw in a character or two that the team had worked on and scratched or something. Or it's an earlier version.
But these are very small maybes.

Also- all shattered expectations aside, this is going to be an amazing game. And the roster is great.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice

Does anyone have Nintendo's e-mail? No. Mailing address? Or better yet, Sakurai's? I am seriously dissappointed with this. SERIOUSLY dissappointed.

The story mode, the Events, Wi-Fi, all that extra stuff, none of that matters to me anymore.

The characters were what I was really looking forward to. And just... 35...

E-maill address! I need it NOW!!!
are you that lazy that you can't even do a little browsing on your own? i'm sure you can find an appropriate e-mail address in under five clicks.

35 + online is a heck of a lot more than we got with Melee and we've been playing that game for at least seven years. chill out.

Althalus89

Smash Cadet
So few characters...man we've w8ted like almost 2 year for this? **** if I find ANY glitch in this game I will declare a bloody war against Nintendo. How the hell can they expect a game that is suppose to be the largest and best fighting game ever to have so few characters? I mean quality before quantity but this is just stupid. There could be atleast an entire 5:th row of characters or something...this is just lame compared to wat was supposed to be expected from the character selection.

And WHO THE HELL WANTS THAT LITTLE ROBOT FROM SUBSPACE ARMY ANYWAY?!
Don't we all want to have more original characters like Mewtwo or other Nintendo characters that haven't joined in rather than some stupid enemy from the story mode?
Man I'm so angry and I don't even get to know when this short game is released in Europe? I can clear EVERYTHING in this game if these are all the characters in 12 hours, sheesh this is such a short game.

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
Uh...I think I'm the only one fine with the character number. I just wish they filled those spots with better characters (Ridley, Krystal, Geno), and NOT FILLED IT WITH FREAKING CLONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

I HATE CLONES!!!

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
And WHO THE :mad::mad::mad::mad: WANTS THAT LITTLE ROBOT FROM SUBSPACE ARMY ANYWAY?!
Don't we all want to have more original characters like Mewtwo or other Nintendo characters that haven't joined in rather than some stupid enemy from the story mode?
Actually, R.O.B. was a very early Nintendo character... Sort of. From my understanding, he was an attachment to one of the earlier Nintendo systems. So basically, you can now play as an early proceeder to the Wiimote. :dizzy:

Oh, and judging by this video he actually looks like he could be one of the higher tiers in this game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVfEaTwgn_s

Althalus89

Smash Cadet
Oh, and judging by this video he actually looks like he could be one of the higher tiers in this game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVfEaTwgn_s[/QUOTE]

Oh come on now does it matter? Even if he's INVINSIBLE I don't care, you talk like the fact that he might be the next abuse character is important! The game isn't about tournament imba characters played simply to win, it's about having fun when fighting with the special character rather than simply winning, even in tournaments u should stand up to your own favourite and try your absolute best to play with your favourite rather than saying "oh he's a high tier that's good." Cause that's just lame.

Slater88

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure Toon Link and Captain Olimar will be very high tiered characters. Captaim Olimar can grab people who are hanging on a ledge but are over the top a little like Kirby and Meta Knight I'm pretty sure.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
i think it's complete bull****, almost anyone can easily photoshop that, not me, but alot can! & ROB? i won't believe it can't believe it & clones? & duplicate final smashes? i don't belive taht either, they worked to hard to double things up everything should b unique & who nose if falco is really in it i woodn't doubt he has a different move set from fox, & why the hell wood it say "new!" next to wolf? i just think tahts stupid & like MFZ95 sed, the games not even out yet, how the hell do u unlock the entire roster of characters the day b 4 the agme comes out?! RIDDLE ME THIS BATMAN! ...riddle me this
kc09.....that roster is real....i saw gameplay footage and everything,and i could'nt believe someone completed the game in the day before brawl has ever hit the shelves!

kc09

Smash Rookie
but on the dojo if u look at lucas' special moves it ses theres ben a character in the smash brothers series until now or w/e so ness just cant b in it!

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Why is everyone so negative about the roster? It beat my expectations. THIRTY FIVE CHARACTERS!! Wow! I'm so happy marth is in brawl too! Thank you, Sakurai! Thank you, Nintendo! Judging from the 34+ videos I've seen of brawl gameplay, I think it's going to be great!

D1

Banned via Administration
Yeah especially if you saw how great Ganon looks lagging all over the ****ed place. >_>;

Also since there's Two Link's now...3 Foxes...2 Nesses...and NO MEW2 D:

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
wow, if anyone is complaining about the roster you should be shot. 35 characters is plenty, in fact its 10 more than the last game we've played for the last 6 years. if you can't appreciate the sheer content and work that has been crammed into this game you don't deserve to play. honestly. this game already has infinite replay because its a fighter. but anyone with any sense can see that its more than just a fighter now. the story mode is much more complex than I could have ever imagined. this game is gonna be phenomenal, and if you can't appreciate, it don't play it.

DQP

Smash Ace
WHAT!?!?!? no ridley!? you've gotta be kidding me! and where's the ac villager? and ROB? i thought he was a sse enemy! and i have some issues with no dark samus too.

still, it's nice to see jiggs, good to see ganon back, and falco too. and i'm sure this roster will please a lot of
c. falcon fans.

seriously, though, where is ridley!?

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Oh come on now does it matter? Even if he's INVINSIBLE I don't care, you talk like the fact that he might be the next abuse character is important! The game isn't about tournament imba characters played simply to win, it's about having fun when fighting with the special character rather than simply winning, even in tournaments u should stand up to your own favourite and try your absolute best to play with your favourite rather than saying "oh he's a high tier that's good." Cause that's just lame.[/QUOTE]

say................i think ive heard people saying the Same thing about Game and watch..........:confused:

oh well

VERY INTERSTING ROSTER

i like it!

kc09

Smash Rookie
but i still i dont understand, the dojo sed ness wasnt gonna b in brawl & i no there's videoes of gameplay with him in them but still y wood they say he's not in brawl when this roster ses he is?!

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
WTF!?! Only 25 characters? And Marth? Who the hell gives a **** about Marth!?! AND THERE'S CLONES!!! Melee is going to be the worst game evar!

... oh wait... it kicks ***....

Seriously, only dissapointment for me was no playable Ridly, you guys gotta' quit *****ing.

Oh, and... HOLY ****, G&W ACTUALLY USES HIS PARACHUTE FOR-GET THIS-RECOVERING!!!
1:13

UberBob

Smash Apprentice
WHY THE HELL IS ROB A PLAYABLE CHARACTER. GOD ****ING DAMMIT!!!

Ok, just had to get that out my system. I'm surprised that Ness is in, I thought he was a goner. Kind of unhappy that Falco is back in because my good friend always uses him in Melee and its friggin annoying. Does anyone know if any returning characters moves got nerfed? And does anyone have pics of kirby's costume for olimar and sonic?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
WHY THE HELL IS ROB A PLAYABLE CHARACTER. GOD ****ING DAMMIT!!!

Ok, just had to get that out my system. I'm surprised that Ness is in, I thought he was a goner. Kind of unhappy that Falco is back in because my good friend always uses him in Melee and its friggin annoying. Does anyone know if any returning characters moves got nerfed? And does anyone have pics of kirby's costume for olimar and sonic?
R.O.B. kicks *** BTW

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
Well.... I've seen way too many SSE pics. I saw... wait can't say anything. OOPS :chuckle:. I am sad and severely dissapointed that I saw so much. Thanks for the thread. Nice place to get away from SSE. :urg::(:urg::(

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
I will personally plan the Wii Extended Hardrive, then make Ridley a downloadable PC!

BLARG!!!

Jason777123

Smash Cadet
this may be the final roster for JAPAN but maybe not for US because US had to wait longer he may add more characters and NO fox, wolf, and falco are not clones!

i am just glad they added game and watch because he is my favorite:)

DQP

Smash Ace
this may be the final roster for JAPAN but maybe not for US because US had to wait longer he may add more characters and NO fox, wolf, and falco are not clones!

okay, i don't think that there are any characters excclusive to japan or us because of the wifi p;ay.

but i'm also glad that g+w is back

kc09

Smash Rookie
im pissed ness is back, i like him and all but he pretty much exactally the same as lucas!

Star105

Smash Journeyman

Same here but the final roster has been revealed and probably the reason why it was delayed in the U.S is for time to make more copies to sell and translation issues.

also Game and Watch is my main character so im glad he is back too

DQP

Smash Ace
but i still i dont understand, the dojo sed ness wasnt gonna b in brawl & i no there's videoes of gameplay with him in them but still y wood they say he's not in brawl when this roster ses he is?!
"up until now" was just a hoax. ness is in. admit it.

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
Ugh. To say I'm disappointed with this roster is an understatement. They had TWO FREAKIN' YEARS to work on this, and they add only around fifteen characters (Plus they took out some characters from Melee)! Not to mention some of the choices they made are questionable...

I mean, R.O.B.?! He was already an enemey in the Sub-Space Emissary, but apparantely that wasn't enough representation for him, so he GETS TO BE A PLAYABLE CHARACTER! Not to mention that around 5 of the characters are clones or replacements of older characters...

All in all, this has really, really made my excitement for Brawl wane. Not to say I'm not going to buy it; it's still an awesome game, after all. It just sucks that the roster has to have such terrible characters (the last ones, mostly). Ah well, I guess that the fact that the clones are completely the same as their counterparts will soften the blow...

dude984

Smash Cadet
Ugh. To say I'm disappointed with this roster is an understatement. They had TWO FREAKIN' YEARS to work on this, and they add only around fifteen characters (Plus they took out some characters from Melee)! Not to mention some of the choices they made are questionable...

I mean, R.O.B.?! He was already an enemey in the Sub-Space Emissary, but apparantely that wasn't enough representation for him, so he GETS TO BE A PLAYABLE CHARACTER! Not to mention that around 5 of the characters are clones or replacements of older characters...

All in all, this has really, really made my excitement for Brawl wane. Not to say I'm not going to buy it; it's still an awesome game, after all. It just sucks that the roster has to have such terrible characters (the last ones, mostly). Ah well, I guess that the fact that the clones are completely the same as their counterparts will soften the blow...
just to inform you...ROB seems to completely kick *** and the clones are almost NOTHING like their counterparts...they each play very differently and specialize into completely seperate categories.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

The R.O.B. Squad are regular enemies...THIS R.O.B. isn't in the R.O.B. Squad...

He's the ...

*Spoiler Free Zone*

Ok, you'll find out yourself

BTW, there are multiple of other characters you fight other than R.O.B. in Adventure mode so that's a BS excuse...

Zevox

Smash Lord
just to inform you...ROB seems to completely kick *** and the clones are almost NOTHING like their counterparts...they each play very differently and specialize into completely seperate categories.
Actually, not all of the clones are such. Lucas, Falco, and Wolf are all Luigified, true (and Luigi of course, but he should go without saying), but Ganondorf is almost entirely unchanged from Melee, and Toon Link is basically Young Link + a new look + a chargeable spin attack.

**** right about R.O.B. though. Even though I ever expected him and wasn't pleased when I first heard ShadowXOR's claim he was playable, I'm now quite happy to see him in - hes the perfect surprise/WTF character if you ask me, and looks like hes pretty fun to play as.

Zevox

Top Bottom