• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spinphony the worst move in the history of Smash?

1FC0

Smash Lord
I challenge you to come up with a worse move and I challenge you to name 1 competitive use for Spinphony. I can not do it.

Even Warlock Punch is much better than Spinphony. At least Warlock Punch actually can be useful if you are a very very lucky *******. There almost has to be some high level match where Warlock Punch hitted in all the years of Smash. But with Spinphony I can barely see it ever being useful in even 20 years of play.

It is so slow and has incredibly weak hitboxes. This is the ultimate high risk / low reward move. What were they smoking when they came up with this piece of ****? Why would you go into like 3 second of like for a wopping 4% damage ???? I DUN GET IT !!!!

Spinphony is a taunt. It can be used at the edge to cancel it so you can use it to taunt. It is basically sacrificing your B^ to get an extra taunt that is ledge cancellable.

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I challenge you to come up with a worse move and I challenge you to name 1 competitive use for Spinphony. I can not do it.

Even Warlock Punch is much better than Spinphony. At least Warlock Punch actually can be useful if you are a very very lucky *******. There almost has to be some high level match where Warlock Punch hitted in all the years of Smash. But with Spinphony I can barely see it ever being useful in even 20 years of play.

It is so slow and has incredibly weak hitboxes. This is the ultimate low risk / high reward move. What were they smoking when they came up with this piece of ****? Why would you go into like 3 second of like for a wopping 4% damage ???? I DUN GET IT !!!!

Spinphony is a taunt. It can be used at the edge to cancel it so you can use it to taunt. It is basically sacrificing your B^ to get an extra taunt that is ledge cancellable.
Don't you mean high risk/ low reward?

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
To be fair, Game & More - Customs - Characters - Jigglypuff - any number - Special is the most useless combo in this entire game, and has no useful followups whatsoever

1FC0

Smash Lord
Don't you mean high risk/ low reward?
My bad, thanks.

To be fair, Game & More - Customs - Characters - Jigglypuff - any number - Special is the most useless combo in this entire game, and has no useful followups whatsoever
Yeah pretty much all of Jiggs customs are pretty horrible but even among those awful moves Spinphony is by far the worst IMO.

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Not specifically teams; it was against Bowser/Yoshi. Their knockback armor (Bowser's works against very weak attacks, Yoshi's works while double-jumping) basically turns this into a very slow, very large Mario Cape against those characters, which is at least somewhat compelling in edgeguard situations.

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
It may be the worst move in Smash 4, but I wouldn't call it the worst move in the history of Smash.

That would go to Melee Sheik's down-b.

:troll:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Spinophony is bad but it still has its useage!

however, if it was like 3 times faster and one huge active hitbox instead for 3 small active ones, it would be much better

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Hyper Voice isn't too bad.
I'm sure there are some custom moves out there that are worse than Spinphony.
I can't even say that with a straight face.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Hyper Voice isn't too bad.
I'm sure there are some custom moves out there that are worse than Spinphony.
I can't even say that with a straight face.
Some custom moves in some alternative dimension in some timeline out there may be worse then Spinphony but not in our universe mate.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
As long as it can be edge canceled, there's no way it's as bad as you're making it out to be.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
But you can grab the ledge without using Spinphony as well so even there Spinphony is useless.
The only other moves you can cancel halfway by grabbing the ledge are generally recovery moves. None of those options have a hitbox nearly as large as Spinphony, and most require you to come from below.

Top Bottom