• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spin Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
I've actually got two questions, both for Eforallers.

One: In several different videos, I've seen Sonic go into a mid-air spin, which looked like a homing attack (NeutralB). However, I then saw him start moving in some weird ways, usually downwards. Is the homing attack cancelable, or was that his over-b in the air? Or is it just plain unpredictable?

Two: Do any of his spin attacks have super-armor frames? I thought I saw something like this, but it might have just been two attacks canceling each other out.

FightingGameGuy

Smash Apprentice
His homing attack can and usually does arc downward (since he is in the air often going against ground based opponents).

I had thought his downB might have super armor at some points. I think its less likely now though, since I thought this based on it canceling Super Sonics attack whereas it now seems that any attack stops Super Sonic.

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
-Sonic has numerous airborne spin attacks, and if you just watch vids, it can be hard to tell which one hes doing lol...

-his nair is a spin: you can tell this one because he like, wobbles back and forth when he does it

his neutralB in the air: this is of course the homing attack you can ID this one because he will float in place spinning, then ROCKET downward at a 45 degree angle or straight at an enemy

-his sideB in the air: this one is one of the hard ones to tell. when sonic does his side be in the air, there is no charge, and he simply begins spinning as if he was doing the homing attack. however, he still falls at his normal fall rate. sonic also has full aerial mobility while spinning.

the moment he hits the ground while doing this move, he continues rolling, and only stops after slowing down completely or until the player cancels it.

ill edit in a vid with a picture of this one
*EDIT* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4lwOjKErEU
The sonic who gets ***** by the spin dash (sideB) does it at 5:07, the end of the match

-downB in the air: this one is easy to spot. sonic starts spinning, but loses ALL horizontal momentum, but continues falling down. imagine jigg's rollout in the air.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Coool!!!

So he is kinda uinpredictable after all!!

I think Sonic's moves are pretty loyal to his games' after all! The more I hear about his moves, the more excited about using him I get! 0,0

Can't wait for February... I fear the game will feel a bit short, after I spend 3 days straight unlocking everything right after I get it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom