• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

spike help

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
i just need some help on this, set ups and what-not so i can spike beter (cause i'm tired of kickin' my own *** trying to spike) actually any help at all for wolf would be appreciated cause he's like my 2nd best but i do end up killin myself alot. and while i'm on the subject there's another thing i don't really get, scarring. maybe i'm not doing it right or i'm doing it in the wrong place or something idk...

thanks

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
how to scar: hold the ledge, press backwards, press forwards, press B
But its not as useful as you'd think, only if someone has never seen it before, and even then you can only get it off about twice before they get smart and figure out how to avoid it.

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
Wolf's D-air spike is tough to pull off, but it's not impossible and also not dangerous so long as you know what you're doing. My advice...

- Only use one jump off the stage, save your second jump for trying to get back to the stage
- Use the c-stick to avoid fast-falling
- Down-throw off the stage is a good setup for a spike
- Don't jump out too far, Wolf's falling speed is very fast. So I would recommend not spiking them if they're any more than a little underneath the height of the ledge
- For practice in training mode, try a stage such as Battlefield, and ROB makes a very good practice dummy for spiking

IceAge

Smash Cadet
You can catch certain characters while or before they recover. I find... Kirby, Ness, Lucas, Samus, Link, Pit (occasionally), and a few more easy to spike. Stay close to the edge and save your second jump to make recovery easier.

Reflecter can set up spikes ocassionally, wait for them to use their second jump, then sh dair. Works 10-25% of the time depending on opponent.

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
thanks, most of this stuff i already knew but it helps none the less (especially the bit about scarring, it may not be very usefull but it's always good to have more options)

Schwad

Smash Rookie
If the bottom of the map is lipped like Smashville or Battlefield, after the spike try to get right under the lip so you can Up-Special straight up because if you do so, you will curve straight with the lip and be able to grab the ledge. This works EXTREMELY well for me. I hope this helps.

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
good stuff, first time i scarred i got a kill, which is always nice. stages like pokemon stadium (especially pokemon stadium) really piss me off though... my wolf has like double the sd's as everybody else, sadly lol

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
If your having no luck spiking just go for bairs off the stage instead. Wolf's spike is really only effective against inexperienced players. Veterans will just avoid you and then edgehog you to death. With scarring just use forward b when you're recovering close to the edge but hold the control stick down as you pass by the edge. Its not as cool looking as a full scar directly off the edge but its much more effective.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
While your opponent is on the edge, you can run off the stage 2nd jump back on whilst spiking, you can sometimes catch them mid get up attack or roll.

Works a surprising amount of the time because as soon as you run off people think 'he is going to try and stage spike me with bair, I better get back on the stage'

Top Bottom