• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Speed from Equips reduces Landing Lag

XenobladeVersus

Smash Rookie
I checked the SSB wiki equipment page and found this

Agility
Increases walking, dashing, air speed, jump height, and fast-falling speed. Reduces landing lag, but does not increase gravity, nor falling speed. Positive speed values will lower the fighter's weight limit for holding Smash Run powers, while negative speed values increase the weight limit.

Tried it out with a custom build( Attack +1, Defense -21, Speed +109 ) and landing lag on a late Fair and other aerials is reduced quite a bit. Only thing is the jump height is also increased, it's a bit too high with this build but I get Brawl Marth like landing lag.

I don't have much equipment yet so this could probably be made a lot better. I'm thinking it's probably best with 70-80 speed, with Attack and Defense balanced. It seems like it could help Marth's aerial approach quite a bit.

Any chance tournaments could allow Equipment?

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Extremely unlikely, due to the random nature of equipment.

This does at least answer the question of why it seemed like the 9.0 Classic AI was able to act out of their aerials faster then they should be able to, though...

XenobladeVersus

Smash Rookie
Extremely unlikely, due to the random nature of equipment.

This does at least answer the question of why it seemed like the 9.0 Classic AI was able to act out of their aerials faster then they should be able to, though...
Are they actually randomly generated(ie. Diablo 3)? I would expect there's just a huge number of preset equips. I wonder if they'd allow equipment if it were ever possible to auto-unlock everything like AR or something. Maybe even if just allowing preset builds and banning stuff like vampire and pity Final Smash. I've also read comments about the Amiibos acting out of aerials quicker. Having 109 speed hugely reduces landing lag.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
They're completely random.

The stat values seem to vary by as much as 50% on the highest quality gear.

Top Bottom