• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Speculation on Pikachu's role in the Emissary

MinunQ

Smash Rookie
Post any plotlines involving Pikachu here, whether they be actual theory or just for fun!:)

I have my theory here.

It's a gorgeous day in the skies over Kanto as Pikachu rides a Flygon with his good pals, the Pichu Brothers.The wind is so calm...perfect for a nap. Soon, the gang loses all track of time as they drift into a peaceful sleep.

Upon awakening, the older of the Pichu brothers points to the sky, a shocked expression on his face. The clouds around them have become an ominous purple color. Suddenly, a laser whizzes past! In a mad attempt to dodge the laser, Flygon swerves out of its way. The young Pichu Brother is tossed to the side, making a desperate attempt to hang on. Pikachu tries to grab his hand, but it's too late!

The two only watch in stunned silence as Pichu plummets into the depths.
The depths...of New Pork City!

The remaining two face each other and nod. Then, Pikachu jumps after his fallen pal.

Shadowball Enthusiast

Smash Cadet
Pikachu in SE

pikachu is seen shocking berries off trees using his standed B move he hears a rustleing in the bushes, metaknight is scene for a brief second, pikachu begins to run, meta apears in front of him

as pikachu you fight metaknight

Cutscene: a weak Pikachu stands over the defeated metaknight, he hears laughing behind him. The minister is standing there, holding a pokeball, He throws it and Pikachu is captured. We then see an fox's airwing from out of the window of the ship, the ship moves violently, the minister is thrown of balance, and the pokeball is lost out of a window created by Pikachu's entrance, we follow the pokeball as it falls into the familiar cell shaded sea, We then are shown that we have be watching the decent of the pokeball from WW link Telescope form a near by island, he now stand on the shore wanting to investigate.

Link is now in his trusty red boat, sailing towards the ripples made but the pokeball, He extends the claw down, and grab onto it.

Back on shore WW link is holding the pokeball, it starts shaking, and Pikachu burst out looking distraught, and lunges at WW link.

You then choose who to fight as,

after the battle, the bust back from each other as though the battle is only half way though, they are about to lunge at each other again when they see that the Metaship is back, an the purple haze is already falling form it

Pikachu and WW link team up time

coolfufuman

Smash Apprentice
pikachu is seen shocking berries off trees using his standed B move he hears a rustleing in the bushes, metaknight is scene for a brief second, pikachu begins to run, meta apears in front of him

as pikachu you fight metaknight

Cutscene: a weak Pikachu stands over the defeated metaknight, he hears laughing behind him. The minister is standing there, holding a pokeball, He throws it and Pikachu is captured. We then see an fox's airwing from out of the window of the ship, the ship moves violently, the minister is thrown of balance, and the pokeball is lost out of a window created by Pikachu's entrance, we follow the pokeball as it falls into the familiar cell shaded sea, We then are shown that we have be watching the decent of the pokeball from WW link Telescope form a near by island, he now stand on the shore wanting to investigate.

Link is now in his trusty red boat, sailing towards the ripples made but the pokeball, He extends the claw down, and grab onto it.

Back on shore WW link is holding the pokeball, it starts shaking, and Pikachu burst out looking distraught, and lunges at WW link.

You then choose who to fight as,

after the battle, the bust back from each other as though the battle is only half way though, they are about to lunge at each other again when they see that the Metaship is back, an the purple haze is already falling form it

Pikachu and WW link team up time
i LOVE this enterance
WW link ftw

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
I dont think I'll be able to craft a story as sweet as the previous posts, but I'd like it to open with Pikachu fighting against a Squirtle, which he beats easily, and suddenly the Squirtle gets zapped away and it turns out Red is trying to capture Pikachu. Suddenly the sky darkens from Metaknight's ship and a ton of Primids interrupt the battle. It'd be neat to see a wild pokemon working together with Red and his pokemon from that point, but still refusing to be captured.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
You know how during the emissary, there are two characters that fight together? I am guessing that Pikachu and the Pokemon Trainer will act the same way. Something will probably go their way and it is up to them to fight off the threat. As for the story, I don't have one...

Frogla

Smash Ace
The scene opens up to see Pikachu sleeping in a tree. A loud crash is heard of into the woods and Pikachu wakes with a start. Jumping from the tree, Pikachu rushes to see the commotion. When Pikachu arrives he sees Lucas sprawled onto the ground his Saturn Tea Table in pieces. Pikachu pats Lucas on the head and Lucas looks up. Lucas points behind him and we see 3 Roaders (from the Subspace enemies update) speeding toward the two.
Pikachu shakes his head in agreement and the two get up to fight the roadsters.

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
As long as it ends up with Pikachu and Gannondorf/Captain Falcon/Snake teamed up in a desperado type situation, where there's no likely escape, and it's just the two of them against odds that will probably end them, they look at each other, nod, a smile is exchanged, and they turn to face the overwhelming odds.

Especailly if the person who Pikachu ends up with was previously trying to Capture/Kill/Eat Pikachu. But over a series of events ends up teaming with the creature.

That'd make me happy.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Well, I don't see Pikachu joining up with Ganondorf because Ganondorf is a villain.

Notice how in the emissary, one of the veterans are paired up with a newcomer, aside from Kirby and Peach. I'm guessing Pikachu will team up with a newcomer, probably the Pokemon Trainer or Ike. But I see Ike with Link, for some reason.

We'll see...

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
Well, I don't see Pikachu joining up with Ganondorf because Ganondorf is a villain.
Which means nothing when you think about it.
Pokemon are animals, pets. Villains frequently have dogs or cats.

But what if they make Pikachu a hero? We would suppose then that Gannondorf was trying to kill Pikachu, to remove it from the flow, but the Subspace Army shows up and weakens/captures him, and he ends up owing his life to the fuzzball?

From there, anything can happen, and a team of an evil badass, and a not as evil pet would be pretty cool.

JumpTheShark

Smash Rookie
This is how I would imagine things starting out for the popular nintendo rodent:

The camera zooms out on a wide open grassy plain, with Pikachu sprinting away from Poke'mon Trainer giving chase. PT is just about to throw his poke'ball, until suddenly, the Halberd looms over the bright blue skys just above, and Poke'mon Trainer stops to look at it as Pikachu continues to run a safe distance before stopping to look back.

The Halberd unloads its spores, which then assemble into Primids, completely surrounding the Poke'mon Trainer before the Halberd leaves him to his fate. The Poke'mon trainer attempts to catch one of these new creatures with a poke'ball(with no success) but is completely outnumbered.

Pikachu sees this as an oppurtunity to escape, but he takes pity on the helpless human and rushes in to help him take care of the primids!

.:This is where you choose to play as PT or Pikachu:.

After the tiresome but triumphant battle, PT sighs in relief, and kneels down to shake Pikachu's tiny hand, now viewing him as an ally rather than just another Poke'mon. Pikachu places his palm in his new partner's hand, and electrocutes him affectionatly. BZZZT! A new team is now ready to take on the Ancient Minister!

Well, this is what I'm at least hoping will be his story introduction.​

J_Puff

Smash Rookie
^^ I like that introduction. But i doubt PT and Pikachu will team up. I think he'll team up with a character from another franchise.

Here's mine:

Pikachu is roaming through the forest and suddenly looms upon a strange rolling orb. Pikachu zaps it, only for it to pop open and reveal Samus! Samus seems to take a liking to the creature. Pikachu seems to be afraid of Samus, and tries to attack her but after Samus gains Pikachu's trust by feeding it, Pikachu learns that Samus is on a mission. Samus explains that from space, she detected mysterious life forms heading toward this strange world. So she landed, only to find that she beat the mysterious life forms here! Suddenly, a large space ship looms ahead...it's the Halberd! Some Primid spores fall and the battle begins! You can choose between Samus or Pikachu. After the battle ends, the Ancient Minister arrives and kidnaps Samus and Pikachu. Samus's suit is taken and she is left with only her Zero Suit. Pikachu and Samus storm the Halberd and Samus learns that the Halberd is headed for a new planet...only for them to be stormed and captured once more.

*Zero Suit Samus standing by a computer in one of the trailers is part of this scene, btw*

I know it's kind of weak, but what do you think?

Pikamew

Smash Rookie
Pikachu and *Mewtwo begin with a battle within a run of the mill forest . *wishful thinking* Neither gets the upper hand, and are pretty much deadlocked until Mewtwo hypnotizes his nemesis. As it gets ready for the finishing blow, the Halberd gets a shot in at Mewtwo, momentarily stunning him. It's mind no longer focused on Pikachu, he casts a shadow ball at the oncoming ship, but doesn't get a hit in. Several attempts later, with the same result. As Pikachu comes to its senses, Mewtwo looks in it's direction, picks Pikachu up, and throws him onto the deck of the ship, and teleports beside it.

My attempt. :/

Greevy

Smash Cadet
I'm betting:

A. Pikachu is running away from PT and trips, enter fight scene interuppted by Primid. The two team up to take them down.

B. Samus' ship crashes, out of the corner of her window she sees a spark and investigates, as she discovers Pika her ship is blown up by the Primida and the two have to team up to survive.

Dgro

Smash Cadet
I'm wanting Pikachu/Link for some reason, even though I don't even like Link <_<
I definitely want him to team up with one of the "tough guys" though.

As for PT, he doesn't really fit with anyone as far as I'm concerned =/

Rakath

Smash Ace
I got two decently cool ideas for how Pikachu should be teamed (as well as introduction).

First up:
Pikachu is in a warehouse looking area, grungy and desolate save the fight going on. Pikachu running away from a large horde of enemies (as well as some boss-type creature). Pikachu making tracks around the area weaving between buildings finally cornered up against some boxes and crates. Pikachu finally out of places to run, decides to fight. He starts rushing in and does fairly well to start, then the boss backhands him towards the boxes. However Pikachu's landing isn't a hard one as one of the boxes moves. Naturally inside the box is the one and only Solid Snake, who catches the flying rat. And then a playable fight starts up.

Second (Pikachu is not starting out on this Ike is):
Ike is rending enemies left and right in front of a building, his sword cleaving two or three enemies at once. Finally getting tired, runs into a building to rest. As he looks around he comes across a red and white ball. Ike looks at the strange thing as the window shatters for (whatever boss would go here). Ike turns and chucks the thing at the enemy and before hitting the boss, out pops the little electric rodent. Ike is naturally startled by this turn of events, and more startled as the rodent starts to spark. Fight scene ensues.

80W53R

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu, in the wild, senses danger. He looks around and sees the purple explosion. Surrounded by fear, pikachu runs the other direction. It starts to rain. Pikachu gets a smell.. a rather.. disturbing smell.. He spots wario on his bike. Wario's bike stops. FLAT TIRE. With anger he jumps up and down. He sees pikachu. Pikachu looks in Wario's eyes. Wario looks in pikachu's life. Then pikachu's eyes slip to zelda/peach's trophy. Wario raises a smile. He farts. Pikachu teams up with Wario.

Imagine that happening xD

Indigo4

Smash Apprentice
I imagine Pichu will be in Brawl, but not as a playable character. Rather, Pikachu's little buddy that needs rescued. I certainly hope Pickachu does play a large role in Brawl! My only hope is that he doesn't pair up with the PT. The whole point of the Subspace emmisary is for the characters to team up with characters from other universes.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
IF Lucario is announced, i am predicting that Pikachu will get caught by some boss some how.Then, Pokemon Trainer and Lucario team up to save Pikachu. LOL THIS IS TOTALLY MY GUESS!

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
IF Lucario is announced, i am predicting that Pikachu will get caught by some boss some how.Then, Pokemon Trainer and Lucario team up to save Pikachu. LOL THIS IS TOTALLY MY GUESS!

Hoshika-Pichu

Smash Rookie
Call me crazy, but I want Pikachu with Link in there. You may not be able to see Link being warped to the Pokémon world, but Pikachu seems to be able to fit in rural places. After all, that's one place where Pikachu can be found: in grassy, rural fields. ^^

Just imagine it... Pikachu could have already been working with the Pokémon Trainer and may have defeated a boss, but it causes a Subspace-warp portal to form. Pikachu gets sucked in due to his lightweight body, but the Pokémon Trainer manages to hang on for a moment. Pikachu then gets warped to Hyrule, while the Trainer gets warped someplace else.

Pikachu then gets blasted out from the portal and onto Hyrule Field. The roar of a rocket engine blasts him from behind as the Halberd flies off and warps away to a different world. A trail of purple smoke is all that's left of the ship. Pikachu looks around at the wasteland that was once a majestic plain. He looks in another direction and sees a sillouette of two figures running in his direction. One appears to be an odd-looking horse-dinosaur thing, the other is a person weilding a sword and shield. [Yoshi and Link!]

Pikachu calls out to the beings, but they ignore him. They stop in their tracks and stare up at the sky. Yoshi kicks the ground in anger, while Link simply sighs in disappointment. Pikachu calls again, this time with success. Both of them look down at the electric mouse as he stands up from his sprawled out position. Pikachu looks them both in the eyes, with a both determined and saddened expression. A moment passes in silence.

Suddenly, the purple smoke clumps up into globs of goo. The globs then form into scores of Primids, the last one forming into a Giant Primid. All three of them recognize the Subspace creatures from their previous battles. Pikachu, Yoshi, and Link exchange looks and glances, nod, and run out towards the mob, ready to fight...

Whew, what a first post THAT was. I hope you all get the idea, and if you even take a quick look at this, everything works out. Link can be with Yoshi, Pikachu can be with the Trainer, and Pikachu can be with Yoshi and can be with Link. And at least I am happy even though this might not happen and not satisfy the people that want Lucas with Pikachu
THE END!

Pikmin66

Smash Rookie
Pikachu.... and some others

Sorry if I make some of you critics cry... I'm gonna use characters that have not been confirmed, but I hope they will be confirmed!!! :D

:Scene Opens:

Pikachu is laying in a field, sleeping. Suddenly, a trophy hits Pikachu right on the head! Pikachu rubs his head. He looks around and sees a bronze trophy.... Who could it be? Pikachu ignores it and tries to walk away, but Pikachus tail touches the trophy's bottom, causing it to shine and release a character from its shiny imprisonment (Yes, I just used the word 'shiny'. :D). Pikachu turns around and sees....

SORA!!!

Pikachu gasps and winces and the unfamiliar sight. Sora takes out his Keyblade and looks around. he holds out his hand to Pikachu, only to be shocked by Pikachu's Thunderbolt. Sora look at Pikachu in utter dismay. Pikachu glares at Sora.

:Fight:

^^^^
You get to choose between Sora and Pikachu.

Sora Wins:

Sora looks at the Pikachu trophy, smiling in victory. Sora taps the trophy and Pikachu pops out of its avatar. Pikachu looks to smile at Sora, but later starts noticing dark, purple clouds above his head. Purple 'snow' starts falling from the clouds. Sora and Pikachu get armed and ready for battle. (For the rest of this story, they pretty much just go across Kanto, killing Primids and Spaaks and Kanto exclusive dudes.)

Pikachu Wins:

Pikachu discharges his Thunder attack, to show his superiority to all other Pokemon. He touches Sora's trophy, freeing Sora. Sora looks at Pikachu with his 'WTF' face. They then shake hands/paws. Sora later notices dark, purple clouds from the sky. Purple 'snow' falls from the sky and Primids come out. Sora and Pikachu start doing kick*** moves. :D

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Nah, too easy. Something much more...unexpected. Say, Pika and Lucas?
The stages in the recent SE video seem similar, so that might be what happens...it sounds cool enough.

Why does this board only have 14 threads? Is Pikachu really that unpopular?

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
Scene opens with Poke'mon Trainer walking though a field, looking around, then suddenly the famous "Poke'mon attacked" theme starts and it shows a battle between Pikachu and PT. You then choose your side, then you engage in a Poke'mon-like RPG battle with Pika's and PT's Poke'mon's special attacks as moves.

If PT captures Pika: Immediately the Halberd comes out and drops the Primids. As PT, you fight the Primid but Pika's Poke'ball gets dropped on the grassy field in the heat of the battle. After the battle, PT runs somewhere not noticing that he dropped his new Poke'mon. Later, Wario comes along after giving Zelda's trophy to the Ancient Minister, and finds a Poke'ball lying in the field. He then frees Pika thinking "Ahh, I can use this thing as my pet" while Pika thinks "He rescued me, I guess he's a good guy". Pika and Wario team up.

If Pika beats PT: PT runs away to the nearest Poke'mon center. Pika starts walking through the field where he meets Sonic! Turns out the "grassy field" was Green Hill Zone! They both then see Wario, with his Trophy gun, running towards them. Turns out Wario was there to capture Sonic! Choose either Pika or Sonic to fight Wario.

Top Bottom