• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Speculation. Need Data Crunchers.

Farce Prophet

Smash Rookie
Disclaimer:

I have not seen this posted in any guide or in any post for that matter.

I've never been keen with frame data, or facts, but what I've done today needs to be tested. This is what you call "grasping at straws" and if proven true might not change his metagame :p.

We all know Bowser's ariels are quite laggy, do one close to the ground and you're stuck in a punishable state for quite some time. However, if improperly timed, his moves don't reach it's full animation or the move, but doesn't leave you punishable, it's just like landing with a roar.
Think of it like L-Canceling, with the exception of Uair and Dair. He starts the Swipe animation and then quickly stops. I'm pretty sure it's my imagination, but I think it makes him shield sooner - or if anything = the same frames as landing. (My imagination because I have no frame data/etc. to back it up). The MOST interesting Ariel Cancels would be Dair. It goes into his shell animation but quickly stops - this Ariel cancel is achieved after reaching the peak of your SH. This Dair Ariel Cancel appears to land faster and have overall less lag, He lands with "waves" and a roar and from it is able to do any ground move. With this one, You don't want his animation to reach his back, so always start it from a decent from a peak. Once again, I might just be imagining, I have no evidence to back it up

Uair is the exception. It just doesn't Cancel, still leaves you punishable.

Now I know what you're gunna say and yes, she was totally hot, but that's not important right now. Yes, I have absolutely no evidence to back this up - which is why I call for number Crunchers, please prove me wrong , because a lot more effort goes into proving someone wrong than right.

Also, Look at it this way - It's great for mind games even if it doesn't have any frame advantage.

Top Bottom