• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Specifics on returning clown car

Regulus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Count_Boognish
3DS FC
3351-4181-6573
Now we all know how to get the clown car back after recovering, but obviously some moves don't trigger this. Is it linked to percentage? Knockback? Is it random? What exact requirements do you have to meet before regaining the kart?

Regulus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Count_Boognish
3DS FC
3351-4181-6573
Yeah but what defines a decent hit specifically?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Anything that would put you in a tumble in the air, I suppose.
(That state where you have to tech your landing to avoid
being knocked down.)

Jebril

Smash Apprentice
I know certain moves like Villager's N-Air DONT let you recover again making Bowser Jr. stupid easy to gimp.

KACHOW!!!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
T.M.Paunch
3DS FC
2122-6416-3741
@ Regulus Regulus I was going to make a video on vine and post it here, but I couldn't find a way of getting out of the kart and surviving long enough without having another person help me. I went to the top of gaur plane and jumped up twice, then used the up b, and was able to fall all the way down without surviving or getting the cart. I was able to jump all the way off the top of wrecking crew, same thing. Jumped off the top of Palutena's Temple (non omega), same thing. Also, my buddy who plays charizard constantly uses his flame breath to gimp kill me, so that doesn't count as a "Decent hit" either. The only way I can think of a decent time test to work this out is to have a mr game and watch player uair you from underneath after bowser jr uses his up b, to see how long it takes for the clown car to come back.

Last edited:

Regulus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Count_Boognish
3DS FC
3351-4181-6573
@ Regulus Regulus I was going to make a video on vine and post it here, but I couldn't find a way of getting out of the kart and surviving long enough without having another person help me. I went to the top of gaur plane and jumped up twice, then used the up b, and was able to fall all the way down without surviving or getting the cart. I was able to jump all the way off the top of wrecking crew, same thing. Jumped off the top of Palutena's Temple (non omega), same thing. Also, my buddy who plays charizard constantly uses his flame breath to gimp kill me, so that doesn't count as a "Decent hit" either. The only way I can think of a decent time test to work this out is to have a mr game and watch player uair you from underneath after bowser jr uses his up b, to see how long it takes for the clown car to come back.
I don't think the clown car ever recovers without getting hit.

Omega_Knight

Smash Cadet
There have been plenty of times when bowser or charizard hit me with flame breath off stage and I recover the cart by pressing just A and nothing else but sometimes it doesnt work and I swing the hammer as if I just up-B.

Top Bottom