• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Specials on C-stick (interesting moves)

Airrider

Smash Apprentice
Noticed something cool. I you put your special attacks on the C-stick when you play Mario you can do some bizarre stuff. If you run, jump and then smash/tap C-stick in the opposite direction (while still holding the same direction with your analog stick!) you will cape forward but fly backwards! Like charizards aerial side-b kinda. And if you run, jump and then gently tilt/tap the C-stick the opposite direction Mario will fire a fireball and just stop in the air, not caring about his momentum. Dunno how much it benefits you, but it's pretty neat. If you don't do the C-stick moves in the opposite direction to the way you're flying you will do the attacks like normal.

Tell me if you know a way to do this without changing the controller settings.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
you don't need the cstick set to special to do it. it's a lot easier, but you can do it. Some of the things you're describing sound kinda unusual, but I'm pretty sure most of what you're talking about is B Reversing and Wavebouncing.

Airrider

Smash Apprentice
Oh. I have really never seen it before. Seems like noone does it. Does it not have a lot of potential? It's not the same as clicking b in the air and then quickly turning around btw.

EDIT: Just checked it out. I don't play Brawl so i don't know of these things lol. Oh well since i play Ganon i don't have to care about it anyway.

Top Bottom