• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Special Moves

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I doubt either the side special or Final Smash will change, but I personally really hope the side one does. I found it pretty uninspired, even if it was actually pretty practical in certain situations.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I don't know if either will change. I really like his side special though, I used it quite a bit. I hope it stays.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Liked both moves. Thought they where awesome, and hugely useful to. The Side B is an incredibly fun move. Hope it doesn't get nerfed so it's harder to land. Gimping people with it was also great! It's one of these moves that's hard to land and hard to master, but results are amazing.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Liked both moves. Thought they where awesome, and hugely useful to. The Side B is an incredibly fun move. Hope it doesn't get nerfed so it's harder to land. Gimping people with it was also great! It's one of these moves that's hard to land and hard to master, but results are amazing.
I don't know if I agree with it being hard to master or use at all. Maybe I just had a knack for Diddy, but that move never presented any problem for me. It was probably one of the safest ways to approach in my experience.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Meant mostly for off-stage gimping. It was a great approach indeed, both as the grab and as the sex kick. I don't want it removed because of that.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Looks like Diddy's Peanut Popgun might have usage* now... judging from the latest POTD.
(The explosion can deal major damage to opponents now for context)

*Well, better usage I should say...

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Peanut Popguns where always very useful. Diddy can really camp well with them, especially while holding a Banana. Having two projectiles is never bad. Also, I like today's POTD to. It's a very neat addition to Diddy's sets of tricks.

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
We saw his Side special return in the direct. I was surprised by the air he seemed to cover with it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
True, Side B is back! And am very glad it is! It was an awesome move, veryyy technical and oh so useful!

What's also nice to know is that despite Olimar's nerfs in Pikmin, Diddy is still able to use two bananas!

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
Of all of Diddy's moves his Side B is the one I hoped most would return. It was my favorite move and I used it frequently. I am a minority in that I don't utilize a bunch of projectiles so while I did use his Pop Gun because it was fast and easy I rarely used his bananas.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
Of all of Diddy's moves his Side B is the one I hoped most would return. It was my favorite move and I used it frequently. I am a minority in that I don't utilize a bunch of projectiles so while I did use his Pop Gun because it was fast and easy I rarely used his bananas.
Rarely used his bananas? But that's like the reason he's so godly.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy is enjoyable to play as without bananas to, I know. Sometimes it's a nice way of playing as Diddy without people complaining about 'cheap tactics' and whatnot :rolleyes: I also sometimes legitimately forgot about the bananas in a fight with Diddy. He doesn't NEED them, but boy, they do help his game out!

Annex

Smash Ace
I loved Diddy in brawl but hated bananas and never used them.
Hopefully his down-b can be changed on the 3DS version. DK64s orange grenades, spring tail, or chimp charge would all work great.

I hope side B changes aesthetically. A monkey jumping on opponents is alright, but maybe not have him go all Facehugger.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Best bet on changing the bananas might be through customisable moves.

I really liked the Monkey Flip for what it was. Diddy is just straight up gangsta to go into people's faces like that. I mean...

Top Bottom