• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Special Brawl Idea: Damage % Meter/HP combined

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I had this idea ever since the released of Brawl, few of you may remember that topic. Basically it's Stamina Mode and Percentage health are onscreen at the same time. So when you're attacked, your stamina goes down and your percentage meter goes up.

But to keep them both health numbers from resetting at the time, if you're knocked off the stage, your percentage will reset back to 0 while your stamina is still the same. Ex: Your character falls off the stage @ 107% with 95 HP remaining, when you come back, you're back at 0% damage but your HP is still at 95. This also works vice versa, if you run out of HP and yet have like 56% of damage, your stamina will reset back to whatever the stamina was set as full and you still have 56% when you're revived. Either way you perish, it'll count either as life lost, point gained for the person who ko'ed you, or whatever

And of course, it's optional.

So yay or yay?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hmm... for some reason it just seems like a tacked on gimmick to me. :/

You know, I'd actually make it so that the stamina works like the stock: if stamina comes to zero, that player is defeated and cannot come back for the rest of the match. I know this seems redundant as it is basically the same as timed stock match, but makes more sense for me.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
It can only work if you loose some HP if you get knocked out, around 35% or 30% seem reasonable when its a 250HP pool.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
When I read the title I thought of a mixed mode where a player can have the % and another player can have the HP.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd rather have it so that you could choose which players will use the damage meter, while others would use the HP meter.

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
I posted an idea like this one in another thread. It's basically an idea for a percent ceiling that could replace stamina mode. When you play the mode, your percent and knockback scales like normal when you get hit, but when your percent reaches a certain number (either character specific or predetermined by the players), then you are KO'd like you would be in Stamina mode. It would be even better if idea was combined with stock so that you can respawn when you are either knocked off stage or reach your percent limit.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Yeah its annoying if you're playing a stamina match when it can be ended by a ringout. If you get knocked off the stage you should just respawn, maybe minus a percentage of health. Would also be cool if they added stock to stamina also.

Top Bottom