• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sparkling Fists: A Ness Compilation Video

Eyxi

Smash Rookie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q0XtMVFic8

Hope you enjoy, this is my first editing job on my computer, as well as my first compilation video. I plan to make another, but it will take a while to get more clips. I also couldn't find my tripod, so I just angled it on my couch, so it's on a bit of an angle, anyways enjoy!

DarkBlue

Smash Cadet
Great vid, I enjoyed it ^^

The grab-releasing was interesting.. Nice use of PKT also. I have a bad habit of jumping out to try and edgeguard when there isn't much hope of doing it sucessfully.. Slow-mo bat made me lol <3

Eyxi

Smash Rookie
Thanks for your responses, it really make me feel good that you guys liked this video. I do agree with you, some of the stuff isn't quite on par with the good clips in the video, but I didn't want this to just be a "Look how I killed these people in 21 different clips" video. I wanted this to have many different things, including the struggles with killing my opponents, and slipping up (Like the Ike clip where I accidently PK'ed myself into the ground, I would like to say I did that intentionally, but I didn't!) .

Hopefully if I can accumulate enough replays to make another one, I will definitely do it. This only took about 2 hours to make. Over night I recorded selected replays, the next day I transfered all those replays onto my computer by linking it with my camera, and I just cut and mashed, then I picked some killer music to go with it. I'm already thinking about what song I should put in the next one, and I am just torn! If it wasn't for my CD missing, I would have actually had Holy wars... The Punishment Due-Megadeth on there instead of Through the Never-Metallica.. But looking at it now I'm glad I picked this over Holy wars.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I noticed something at about 0:20... you used a sourspotted SH fair on Ganon while he was on the ground after missing a tech, and he got hit a bit, and fell down. Kind of like the Laser Lock and Jab Locks. So I guess sourspotted fairs could set up for those...

Great vid, nice PKT/Jibaku usage.

Jono

Smash Apprentice
Release grab to Edgeguard? That really caught my attention. D:

NessUserAnton

Smash Rookie
I loved the video. It should complete reasoning of how PK Thunder is supposed to be handled. I have never mastered it myself. I just get the right timing to recover/hit after a PK Fire with it.

Loved it, and it gets a 5/5 from me.

Well done.

~Anton

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I noticed something at about 0:20... you used a sourspotted SH fair on Ganon while he was on the ground after missing a tech, and he got hit a bit, and fell down. Kind of like the Laser Lock and Jab Locks. So I guess sourspotted fairs could set up for those...

Great vid, nice PKT/Jibaku usage.
Yes, Ness' fair DOES jab lock in a way, but it cannot be repeated fast enough to continuously keep opponents grounded. However, if you ever get someone grounded and you ground cancel an fair, it will keep them on the ground, then it can be autocancelled into a jab to initiate a jab lock.

Top Bottom