• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SparCenter Wii-U Casual Sm4sh Tournament 12/9 NA

MaruPlays

Smash Rookie
NNID
MaruPlays
Spar Center is a place where you can practice your skill with others trying to better themselves in the game of sm4sh. Also building a small community of our own .

Get the word out about this since its open to players of all skill levels. havent even played the game? still wondering how you would do? sign up!

there are check ins 15 minutes before the event so be early, it starts at 4PM PST on Tuesday.

rules:
no Mii/ custom characters allowed
map random omega mode
3 stock 8 minutes
best 2 out of 3 sets
for grand final 3 out of 5 set

remember i am new to hosting and playing this game, so any feedback is appreciated, im not sure how the map ban system works so ill read up on that.

IF YOU DO SIGN UP

Here is where you can report your matches and find your opponent:
http://www.twitch.tv/maruplays/

please register as your nintendo id name for easy management.

once brackets are up just simply add your opponent and set up a 1 on 1, 3 stock with 8 minutes, map is random omega
once finished with your 2 out of 3 set report to me and ill update the bracket.

goodluck and lets hope this works out :D

Last edited:

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Can I participate even if I suck at this game?

MaruPlays

Smash Rookie
NNID
MaruPlays
Can I participate even if I suck at this game?
Yea man! That's kind of what I'm going for

A beginner platform for people wanting get better and learn to get into tournament play

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Well I don't know about all that tournament play, but I sure would like to get better! So if it's just me and you, I have a 50/50 chance of being the winner! LOL Bet you are real good and you would just smash me!

Arc1llusion

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jarfed
Hey! This sounds like it's more my speed even if there isn't a lot of people :B I've been contemplating joining tournaments for sometime, but haven't bit the bullet. My NNID is Jarfed. I like the idea of it being a more casual atmosphere to get my feet wet.

MaruPlays

Smash Rookie
NNID
MaruPlays
Hey! This sounds like it's more my speed even if there isn't a lot of people :B I've been contemplating joining tournaments for sometime, but haven't bit the bullet. My NNID is Jarfed. I like the idea of it being a more casual atmosphere to get my feet wet.
awesome man! well welcome . im actually going to edit the main post right now before work since ive got a general gist on what i need to set up

MaruPlays

Smash Rookie
NNID
MaruPlays
Well I don't know about all that tournament play, but I sure would like to get better! So if it's just me and you, I have a 50/50 chance of being the winner! LOL Bet you are real good and you would just smash me!
and i suck man this is like the only smash ive tried to get into, fortunetly had a wii u and smash came out

MaruPlays

Smash Rookie
NNID
MaruPlays
might sign up tomorrow if a few more people do as well
Yea man

I might delay it till Tuesday if there isn't enough people entered

Two days of registering probably wasn't enough time haha

You learn from your mistakes thanks for taking a look though!

Hope to get these events planned out the right way eventually

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
If it was Tuesday, I'd definitely join as I'm always busy on Saturdays.

Last edited:

KingOTheDead

Smash Rookie
is it still possible to sign up for the tournament? I just found out about this and thought it sounded awesome for my level of play. If it is already going on when is the next on if you have plans for one?

MaruPlays

Smash Rookie
NNID
MaruPlays
If it was Tuesday, I'd definitely join as I'm always busy on Saturdays.
well your in luck, due to the lack of time for registration im changing it to tuesday, as there are about 2 other weeklys that take place today

MaruPlays

Smash Rookie
NNID
MaruPlays
i will be posting a new thread so ill see you guys there since i cant change the title of this one,

EDIT nevermind i found the change title tool

Last edited:

MaruPlays

Smash Rookie
NNID
MaruPlays
is it still possible to sign up for the tournament? I just found out about this and thought it sounded awesome for my level of play. If it is already going on when is the next on if you have plans for one?
yes its still possible! since we dont have much people registered , we have pushed it back to tuesday since theres alot going on today

PapaDiggle

Smash Rookie
NNID
PapaDiggle
This is awesome! I work retail so have weird days off, it's not easy to find online tournaments during the week. Everyone prepare to get DUCK HUNT'D

MaruPlays

Smash Rookie
NNID
MaruPlays
check in on the challonge at 3:45 PST then add each other and play/report matches here http://irc.verleta.net
and yes this is still going on, at 4 i will fix up the brackets due to any no shows then you guys go by the bracket, you guys can go ahead and add each other now for warm ups but thats all on you guys

MaruPlays

Smash Rookie
NNID
MaruPlays
maybe next time ill just use my twitch and make everyone check in there, and the stream will just have the brackets up with some music playing and you guys can report there cause the irc is ugly and makes me wanna kill myself. haha.

ill see if i can set it up, so ill be chillin in the twitch chat seeing if i can make the brackets look decent just to have them on stream. maybe my channel being the hub of check ins can work out.

my twitch is www.twitch.tv/maruplays

and if this works! ill make a spar center twitch and this can be the hub for easy check ins!

KingOTheDead

Smash Rookie
Sorry to say but is it possible to delete me from the bracket somthing came up and I cant play now :(

Top Bottom