• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

spammers

pirateguru

Smash Apprentice
I love 2 play sonic. but when it comes to spammers it really just wants to make me give him up. I try the strategies to go against spammers but they don't really help. If the spammer is good enough at what he's doing he counter attack what you do to continue spamming. For instance I just played a lucas who only used his pk fire to rack up damage. he was extremly good at drawing you in cause he didn't just stay on the ground he practically perfected the art of pk fire while jumping. and whenever I got close he would use his neutral air. I mean if I ever did get close enough I would rack up damage and it would seem like I have an upperhand in the match , but anytime he got far enough away the great spamming would just start. I need to see some videos or if someone could help me through match because I seem to lose whenever I go against a good spammer. They really make me not want to play this game anymore

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Most spamming can be countered... you just have to be aggressive and patient. Keep them close so that they can't use projectiles or wait for them to make a mistake, they are only human.

You can always just use a character that's good at countering projectiles.

pirateguru

Smash Apprentice
that's the thing I really don't wanna have to change my main character to beat someone. I also understand about being aggressive but with once they get that distance they really just get annoying especially zelda with her mini red bombs (i have no idea what there called) and when you get close with a spindash she does that little twirl thing to get you away from her. and don't even get me started when you try to approach from the air that up smash last so long even if spot dodge there's a good chance you'll get hurt. the spring has no effect on that move at all

pirateguru

Smash Apprentice
nah all my friends don't really spam anything. The people I've been playing are usually just local players and people who play online.

also when I mean by spammers I mean projectile spammers.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Alright, well... using projectiles is a part of the game and certain characters have those advantages and should utilize them. I usually have always liked characters without projectiles captain falcon, donkey kong, sonic, bowser (fire doesn't count)... so I feel your pain when it comes to facing them.

Cobros

Smash Rookie
My advice is to use B-Up to get in the air, air dodge a projectile, then A-Down them and follow it up with a good combo, hey they deserve it :p.

UltimateZ

Smash Rookie
Well, maybe you could try rushing projectile spammers. Use your B Down to close the distance and possibly hurt them, use some Homing Attacks on them, and always keep them close so they can't use projectiles. Also for your Lucas problem, when Lucas jumps to try to use PK Fire, try staying on the ground and running below him, then use your Air A Up. Sidestepping also works.

pirateguru

Smash Apprentice
I've actually started to play a lot more defensively against projectile spammer's. It really has helped me a lot especially short hop air dodging I feel kinda dumb for never ever doing it in the first place against anyone

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
What's wrong with my effing text. I see Sonic Boom everywhere, all instances of Nes s are now Ninten, so what now

Zelda
Pikachu
Samus
Team Rocket
Captain Falcon
Falco
Link
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Fox
Mario
Bowser
Peach
Mr. Game and Watch

I wonder what else is going completely wrong.

And even more bat****, it's completely normal on the editing screen!

Top Bottom