• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

South East Smashers, a APEX 2015 thread.

Annex

Smash Ace
people who use the term 'cyberbullying' could do with getting their ass kicked into a hospital
not because I think they deserve it, but because it would enrich their perspective

also you SE guys should do look at megabus
play console the whole trip

Sedda

Smash Champion
dont be dumb annex. cyberbullying IS real and it can **** with people's lives. It's just another way to bully people, but you don't have any personal experience going throught hat

but that's besides the point, guys. Stop. This thread is about going to Apex. I wanna go to Apex and I'm trying to figure out who's going to go. Go talk about other **** elsewhere

caneut

Smash Ace
dont be dumb annex. cyberbullying IS real and it can **** with people's lives. It's just another way to bully people, but you don't have any personal experience going throught hat

but that's besides the point, guys. Stop. This thread is about going to Apex. I wanna go to Apex and I'm trying to figure out who's going to go. Go talk about other **** elsewhere
yes but there comes a time when you should take a moment to notice that you are sitting in front of a computer screen. this is the internet, and that person that's cyberbullying is just a human sitting next to a screen like you, and honestly you would be a lot better off if you learn to just not care about what people say and start focusing on things that really matter, like your well-being and success.

Sedda

Smash Champion
yes but there comes a time when you should take a moment to notice that you are sitting in front of a computer screen. this is the internet, and that person that's cyberbullying is just a human sitting next to a screen like you, and honestly you would be a lot better off if you learn to just not care about what people say and start focusing on things that really matter, like your well-being and success.
the reality is that the internet is a big part of people's lives now, especially people as old as 40 and younger. Pretty soon saying "you should just close the firefox tab" is going to be the same as "then you shouldnt go to school and show your face if you dont wanna get bullied." there are real life consequences and cyberbullying affects your life because of the false image people propagate of others online.

edit: I should say some friends and I cyberbullied a teacher out of her job once, so I know what I'm talking about

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i feel incredibly sad for the generation that will let their lives be affected by the opinions of people who they interact with purely online. there is a huge difference between being ridiculed in league of legends and having cheese thrown at your head during lunch in high school.

if you let a bunch of kids force you to quit your job, you probably shouldn't be a teacher. you can't be intimidated by kids, and you should have the courage and sense to provide proof to both the school and the parents that some kids are being pricks.

all of a sudden, sedda gets thrown out and cannot practice in the after school gaming club. his tech skill suffers.

Sedda

Smash Champion
looool cobr...

you have no idea what we did to this woman. sorry someone threw cheese at you in school, but that doesnt compare to some of the **** people do to shatter people's image online and destroy their lives.

idk what LoL has to do with this. People talk smack to each other in any competitive thing irl or not. That's not what cyberbullying is rob.

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
I would agree with cobr on the cyberbullying in almost all cases except for a few rare conditions. Honestly, if you guys harassed me I wouldn't care and would say **** you and probably harass you back. If it became overly offensive and I was genuinely hurt by it, I would leave. And I think any rational and logical adult that has some self esteem should be expected to react the same way. Close google chrome tab (firefox is for noobs), smash my computer to pieces out of frustration, buy a new one, and instead of playing smash once a month I would give it up entirely. Or do what studstill does and continue with it but kind of abandon the forums except for occasional input. Unfortunately, there exist cases where this isn't applicable. For some people, an internet forum is the only social group they have. For some people they are bullied in real life and the internet is the only outlet they have to try and be social and try to fit in. When those people come to a forum like this, they come because they feel they found a group of people who share a common interest, something they never experienced in real life with people in school or family. They enjoy the "anonymity" of the internet because their face isn't shown, their character isn't questioned, and their social/family/environmental settings aren't a subject. This is their reality, this is their escape from bullying, and for those people who don't have the confidence, the self esteem, or the dignity that cobr has, losing the internet means they lost everything because this was their last hope for acceptance.

caneut

Smash Ace
it comes down to intelligence. if that teacher wasn't intelligent enough not to be outsmarted by a bunch of kids, then she deserved it.

its ****ing darwin, if you can't handle the stress you won't survive. it's not a nice concept to think about but life isn't all pretty and ****ing pink. or maybe it is, maybe life is kirby. all cute and pink, yet a broken piece of **** who will swallow everything in its path to survive

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
nobody threw cheese at me in school...was just making a point.

people's image online and destroy their lives.
that's the issue. you want to make someone look like trash online, whatever. is it reflective of their every day lives? do they allow their internet image to really affect their day to day routines? if someone harasses you online, do you really carry that with you every day? some kids trash a chick on facebook or myspace and she goes out and cries...why has nobody told her to block these people, hide comments, etc?

i know i'm a **** and i lack empathy for people, but i see it as weakness. crucify me for wanting people to have more courage, tougher skin and to stop giving a **** what anyone thinks.

shears - i feel like everyone has suffered a lack of confidence, self esteem and dignity. everyone has been rejected socially, cast aside, been treated poorly, etc. should i respect the people who overcome it or those who retreat to the internet to avoid it all? should we encourage people to work on self improvement and positive thinking in the face of ****ty social situations, or create a world that is complacent with people who would rather share experiences with strangers via text?

i'm waiting for the day people stop judging their self worth by others' standards. whether online or irl.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Image online, not online image. What I meant is that online, **** people do to you spreads so quickly. you can say whatever you want about not caring what others think. i dont care what most other people think, but it gets to a point where youre going to care at some level. it's literally impossible to escape it.

it comes down to intelligence. if that teacher wasn't intelligent enough not to be outsmarted by a bunch of kids, then she deserved it.

its ****ing darwin, if you can't handle the stress you won't survive. it's not a nice concept to think about but life isn't all pretty and ****ing pink. or maybe it is, maybe life is kirby. all cute and pink, yet a broken piece of **** who will swallow everything in its path to survive
that has nothing to do with darwinism. not even social darwinism. da ****

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
I agree with you in so many ways. Caneut mentioned darwinism. I couldn't agree more. Ideally (because genocide is "bad", damn fascists went and ruined it for the rest of us), people that have weaknesses should be made infertile. Insercure people, crybabies, anyone with an IQ under 130 (the standard will slowly rise over generations), not physically superior and athletic (this standard will slowly rise over generations as well), prone to health conditions and disorders, inferior senses, ugly, recessive genes, and samus mains shouldn't be allowed to reproduce. However, we live in a ***** hipster world where everyone is created equal and the best have to sacrifice and put the world on their shoulders to keep the leeches at the bottom alive. Because we live in this world, and because this is america, we might as well make the internet a welcoming environment if the rest of the world isn't. You're not going to win the fight to purge humanity of its impurities, so instead of targeting peoples flaws, encourage their strengths so that their flaws are not relevant.

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
the reality is that the internet is a big part of people's lives now, especially people as old as 40 and younger. Pretty soon saying "you should just close the firefox tab" is going to be the same as "then you shouldnt go to school and show your face if you dont wanna get bullied." there are real life consequences and cyberbullying affects your life because of the false image people propagate of others online.

edit: I should say some friends and I cyberbullied a teacher out of her job once, so I know what I'm talking about
you should give me the POWER to suppress cyberbulling

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
i just want to point out that a lot of people identify very strongly with their online lives. you guys keep saying "oh if it was me i would just not care or turn off my computer". but we aren't talking about you we are talking about people who may already be bullied in real life and turn to their online lives as an escape only to get bullied online too. Bullying is bullying and its wrong no matter what the medium is

Studstill

Smash Ace
people who use the term 'cyberbullying' could do with getting their *** kicked into a hospital
not because I think they deserve it, but because it would enrich their perspective
Lol, what? What a weird thing to say. No one ever put me in a hospital before, but they have tried; only I have managed to get myself sent to the ER, lol.
You want me to use adult words?
Rob get the **** off this thread, stop posting or threatening to post other people`s out of context quotes on ****ing twitter; that`s some sociopathic actual ****ing harassment as clearly Gav appreciates it.

What a ****ing shame if a willing player doesn`t go to Apex because of another`s indefensible actions.

Anyway, Sedda, my bad, I was just being chillax about it, I thought it was public knowledge my Zenith trip plans/car/$$$ situation exploded due to poor luck but certainly not due to you or anyone else, lol. Yeah, manI`m on track to graduate pre '15 and go to Apex for sure. Didn`t you read the prophecies?

Edit: Caneut, we`re cool. It just took me awhile to get used to your particular brand of ummm, style.

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
remember when you were doing that "silence resumed" thing?

try that again, it was pretty cool

Studstill

Smash Ace
God it really was. The drama in cancer chat was real. Hey fun fact: Now I know not to skype Sedda, just post here and he`ll be on thread immediately looool.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I agree with you in so many ways. Caneut mentioned darwinism. I couldn't agree more. Ideally (because genocide is "bad", damn fascists went and ruined it for the rest of us), people that have weaknesses should be made infertile. Insercure people, crybabies, anyone with an IQ under 130 (the standard will slowly rise over generations), not physically superior and athletic (this standard will slowly rise over generations as well), prone to health conditions and disorders, inferior senses, ugly, recessive genes, and samus mains shouldn't be allowed to reproduce. However, we live in a ***** hipster world where everyone is created equal and the best have to sacrifice and put the world on their shoulders to keep the leeches at the bottom alive. Because we live in this world, and because this is america, we might as well make the internet a welcoming environment if the rest of the world isn't. You're not going to win the fight to purge humanity of its impurities, so instead of targeting peoples flaws, encourage their strengths so that their flaws are not relevant.
this is a pretty ****ed up mentality and i hope ur joking

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
LOLOLOL

Sedda's right tho, on that note how do people with perfectly good internet connections and access to google.com have such ****ty interpretations of human evolution, I mean god damn

Gav are u going yet

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
wow, yesterday i was gonna make li'l joke about cyber bullying, but thought better of it since it would've been right after sedda's post about not derailing the thread

well, now i forgot about it, u happy

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
People don't choose to be ugly or not be a world class athlete or have health conditions and disorders. To say they shouldn't reproduce is pretty harsh.

Beesy

Smash Apprentice
Is this what Apex is like? *grabs popcorn* Because I'd like to know how much of this entertainment I can expect to watch in person. You guys are just great.

Shears

Smash Master
No Apex is non stop smash, with a good handful of us drinking while we smash. Its incredibly friendly and there is absolutely no hostility like there is on the boards.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
unless sensei gets drunk and tries to take someone's glasses and ride a handcart

then **** gets real

Top Bottom