• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sourspot Dash Attack into Thunder

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
I managed to get this off in tournament and in friendlies every once in awhile on accident. Basically, you pop them up with the weak spot of dash attack, dash, then thunder spike them back down. Is this a true combo at certain percents against certain characters, or just a mix-up? Regardless, anything to add to his killing potential is okay with me.

It seems possible past ~115% (just tested on ness, for a couple of minutes), when they're high enough in the air to be spiked down. Issues with the lightning bolt not hitting you can be remedied by b-reversing thunder while on the ground.

Last edited:

Novaneith

Smash Rookie
NNID
V1talic
I know that UTilt Thunder is true at high %. To hit you with it, the RAR thunder tech is the most optimal.
Dash attack to thunder as a true combo seems weird to me, but I can be wrong.

Just go in training mode and try it by yourself, THEN write a post about it.

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
I know that UTilt Thunder is true at high %. To hit you with it, the RAR thunder tech is the most optimal.
Dash attack to thunder as a true combo seems weird to me, but I can be wrong.

Just go in training mode and try it by yourself, THEN write a post about it.
I recommend you re-read my post to determine whether I attempted to test it at all. For added clarification, I did do more testing in training mode, but I don't have a partner to help, so I cant do anything too specific.

AncientCode42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Surge_Production
I had no idea you could dash attack into Thunder. XD Is it reliable and how often can it happen?

The Real Mr. M

Smash Rookie
I think it depends on how much hit stun there is in the late dash attack. My current guess would be that most characters should be able to air dodge out of it, so I would call it a mix up combo that most won't expect.

Top Bottom