• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sourspot dair spike/gimp.

Dandelion Puffs

Smash Rookie
Heya! This'll be my first post here! (I've been lurking for a bit.)

So the prince of mischief is wicked fun. And, while I don't have time to play competitively, I do want to be more effective in for glory. I've noticed Jr. is really great at forcing people off stage... and if I could turn edgeguards into KO's I'd be in a pretty good spot. Bair/Nair gimps and the odd abandon ship score me most of my edgeguard KO's, but they aren't reliable enough. A falling mechakoopa launches enemies up, so it's only good for damage stacking... Falling cannonballs are easy to predict...

So: How do I sourspot Dair gimp? Any videos out there?

Or: Should I just be learning to footstool better?

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
I've pulled off some sourspot dair gimps, but don't really have any replays of it. I have this, which is somewhat similar http://youtu.be/ZPIoXHwQB5U

Edit: I wouldn't say the sourspot dair is very reliable, I prefer other gimp options usually.

Last edited:

Dandelion Puffs

Smash Rookie
So, in that link, is that an air hit (Like box 1,2,3 etc) or the last landing hit? I can't tell. Does this option effectively deny jump ledge-grabs altogether? I saw Oracle trying to do that to Jumpman in a tourney, and didn't seem to get any results with it.

Regardless that is a good stage spike setup I'll keep in mind... especially on the floating stage. Thanks!

See, my problem isn't yomi so much, but my toolkit. I'm already dealing with poor KO options before 125%, if I have to invest a lot of skill to get sourspot Dairs I'm willing.

So, I already kinda know it's unreliable, but HOW unreliable? Haha. I hope a video turns up! :)

Top Bottom