• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOS Presents: Justice! featuring Melee! - June 8th -... - June 8th, 2013 - Scarsdale, NY

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
SOS Presents:
SOS Members Include:
Captain Smuckers
Smokeybluntz
Dirty Deeds
Cmac
Schedule
12:00 p.m: Registration
2:00 p.m: Melee Doubles Bracket
3:30 p.m: Melee Singles pools (Round Robin Pools)
6:00 p.m: Melee Singles Bracket and Amateur Bracket Crew Battles immediately after Singles Bracket
Cost
Venue Fee: $10
Melee Singles: $10
Melee Doubles: $5
Payout will be:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
This tournament will be streamed by
Robinhood's own GreenLightLive!
To see some of his work, visit http://www.twitch.tv/GreenLightLive
Rules
Singles Stage List
Starters/Neutrals:​
Yoshi’s Story​
Fountain of Dreams​
Battlefield​
Final Destination​
Dream Land​
Counterpick: Pokemon Stadium​
Doubles Stage List Starters/Neutrals:​
Yoshi’s Story​
Pokemon Stadium​
Battlefield​
Final Destination​
Dream Land​
Counterpick: DK 64​
General Rules Items are set to off Stock and time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively Wobbling is Legal. Double Blind: If elected Contest Port Priority: If elected Neutral Start: If elected DSR Modified will be used (you can not pick the last stage you won on) Gentleman’s Clause Forced Character Selection: Off Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count. A player/team may not counterpick to the stage they last won on. This includes the first match won via stage striking. Pausing the game shall only be legal while either player remains upon their OWN respawn platform, and only for the purpose of summoning a tournament official or in the case of a controller malfunction. All other pauses will incur a stock loss to the player who pauses the game. Any coaching that happens during the match (but not in between matches) is restricted. Players who violate this rule will receive a warning (BOTH the player AND the person coaching the player) on the first attempt. Players who violate this rule after a warning will be disqualified from the event and a possible ejection from the venue. Players are to attend their matches at the designated times they are called. If you are late to a match, the following rules will be applied based on the amount of time: If you are 5 minutes late: Results in a match loss If you are 10 minutes late: Results in a set loss These times will be strictly enforced to make sure that each player will enjoy the full event on a timely manner. Additional Rules for Teams Play Team Attack: ON Life Stealing is allowed If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match.​
How to Play a Set Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind Use Stage Striking to determine the first stage The players play the first match of the set Prior to starting this match, either player may elect to Contest Port Priority or Neutral Start. Note: Only one of these two may be used, as both have a built in Port Selection mechanism using RPS. If there is a situation where a player would like to change which option they elected after playing the game of RPS, it is the opponent’s choice to allow it. The results from the previously played game of RPS will carry over. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages (if applicable). For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban. For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans. The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters. The losing player of the preceding match gets first pick of port. Either player may elect for a Neutral Start, but RPS will not be played to determine first pick. The next match is played. Repeat Steps 4 through 9 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.​
Term Definitions Double Blind: Either player may request that a double blind selection occur. In this situation, a 3rd party should be told, in secret, each of player’s choices for the first round. Both players are to then select their first round character, with the 3rd party validating that the character selected is the same as their word. Contest Port Priority: If an agreement cannot be made as to who gets what port, the players may enact a best of 1 game of Rock Paper Scissors. Winner gets their port selection, loser selects any other port. Neutral Start: Either player may enact this rule. Once enacted, both players may only use one of the two “Neutral Starting Positions”. A best of one game of Rock Paper Scissors may be used to determine who gets the higher port. If one player elects to Contest Port Priority and the other elects to Neutral Start, Neutral Start takes priority.​
Lastly, we need cubes! Please confirm if you
bring them!
Confirmed GameCubes/TVS:
1. Captain Smuckers: 1 Melee Setups/ 2 TVS
2. Smokey Bluntz: 2 Melee Setups/ 5 TVS
3. Bred: 1 Melee Setup
4. Dirty Deedz: 1 Melee Setup/ 2 TVS
5. PieGuy: 1 Melee Setup/ 1 TV
6. Robinhood: 1 Melee Setup/ 1 TV
7. Gunmetal: 1 Melee Setup
8. Cmac: 1 Melee Setup
9. Milos: 1 Melee setup
10. a nub: 1 Melee Setup/ 1 TV
11.​
12.​
13.​

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Post Reserved.

Also, players, confirm yourselves!
1. Captain Smuckers
2. Smokey Bluntz
3. Sled
4. DirtyDeeds
5. Robinhood
6. Bred
7. PieGuy
8. Gunmetal
9. Cmac
10. Milos
11. a nub

Smokey Huntz

Smash Apprentice
What's up guys we already have 10 tvs but would appreciate more. there will be no discounts for cubes however discount of two dollars go to the first 3 tvs we get after that there are no discounts.

We're also gonna do a bunch of other little neat things. despite this being a local(for singles) we're gonna do pools of four top two make it out to a "pro" bracket where they can win the pot. bottom two get put in an amateur bracket where you don't win anything but you do get more money for your buck because you're playing more.(However to do this we need an attendance of at least 16)

If we don't get at least 16 peeps we'll be running a standard no pools bracket

we're also gonna run this tourney on a tight schedule. venue opens round 11am and we'll be registering at the door, doubles starts at 2pm, pools at 3:30pm, and both brackets at 6pm and draft crews shall be held immediately after.

1/5th of the tv's will be put in a friendly section
2/5ths will go to the pro bracket section(1 recording set up here + the live stream)
2/5ths to the amateur bracket section(1 recording set up)
we will not p---y foot around kicking you off a bracket section if it needs to be played

We also have 3 recording set ups(more always appreciated) and will be using them all to record. The recorded matches will be put on the GreenLightLive youtube channel.

Please show up
please bring cubes
please bring tvs
and please spread the word
the venues pretty fresh btw

Senortesta

Smash Apprentice
I have a bar mitzvah to go to at around 7, so I might be able to make this but IDK.

B3N

Smash Rookie
I can bring a cube. I'm not sure if i can make it for sure yet though. Can I just show up to the door and still compete?

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
yeah man, there's no formal preregistration, we just wanted to keep a list so we know around how many people to be ready for.

a cube would definitely be appreciated :D

Senortesta

Smash Apprentice
So it looks like I might not even have to go to the bar mitzvah at all, meaning I would be able to stay until like 11.

Sasser

solo nana
Good chance I will be heading to this. It'll be the first time I've played smash in NY since 2007

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
Why are you holding this the same day as No Johns? aren't Nanuet and Scarsdale 30 minutes away from each other?
You're correct, they are rather close. However, it is No johns that is being held the same day as this. We set this date about 3 weeks ago, and even asked Alukard if there would be a no johns on June 8th. He said no. Then all of the sudden, a few days ago, he said the next one was June 8th. Bummer.

Anyway,

Good chance I will be heading to this. It'll be the first time I've played smash in NY since 2007

Glad to hear of someone who hasn't played in a while wanting to again. I look forward to seeing you here

Sasser

solo nana
You're correct, they are rather close. However, it is No johns that is being held the same day as this. We set this date about 3 weeks ago, and even asked Alukard if there would be a no johns on June 8th. He said no. Then all of the sudden, a few days ago, he said the next one was June 8th. Bummer.
As someone from NYC it looks like getting to this venue is easier anyway...

Alukard

Smash Hero

Anyway,

Glad to hear of someone who hasn't played in a while wanting to again. I look forward to seeing you here
I actually made it clear to everyone at my last tournament and even in the no johns thread itself countless times i can only host on the first two weeks of the month ... now i also NEVER told you i wasn't hosting ... me saying no problem to smokey was me assuming you guys already knew i was hosting on the 8th and he was just going to host anyway ... sorry for the misunderstanding but no johns only moved because zenith was held the first weekend of the month

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
I actually made it clear to everyone at my last tournament and even in the no johns thread itself countless times i can only host on the first two weeks of the month ... now i also NEVER told you i wasn't hosting ... me saying no problem to smokey was me assuming you guys already knew i was hosting on the 8th and he was just going to host anyway ... sorry for the misunderstanding but no johns only moved because zenith was held the first weekend of the month

I was at the last no johns, and I don't recall hearing you saying the next one would be the 8th. In the no johns thread you even said that you could host on the 8th or 9th, not that it was a definite. Even if it was clear that you would be hosting on the 8th and I'm just crazy in my own little world, why didn't you update the thread title since it was definitely going to be on the 8th? Honestly the reason we were hosting this was because we wanted there to be more tournaments to go to. If there wasn't a no johns on a weekend, we wanted to make it so there would be something else. All I want is to have fun playing the god damn game, and I think it really sucks that both events will suffer. Especially because it goes 100% against our whole reason for wanting to start this series. Misunderstandings can be a *****.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
welp, I know that some of new england wants to go to a tourney in NY this weekend(the thirst is real). Which one? I have no idea. Maybe we will split up between the two.

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
Just letting everyone know that we were unable to postpone, therefore this event is still on for this Saturday. I know it sucks that there will be two tournaments in close proximity, but I'm fully confident that they both have the potential to be very successful events. I'd also like to remind anyone interested in this that we will have an HD stream thanks to Green Light Live, tons of setups, lots of space, and it looks like we already have at least 20 confirmed players. For anyone coming from the city, taking public transportation shouldn't be a problem if you can't find a ride.

I'm looking forward to seeing people at this!

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
Wish I could come and join the hype! I'm going to be at Mohegan Sun this Saturday for my friend's return to the MMA ring. I'll try for next time!

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
Wish I could come and join the hype! I'm going to be at Mohegan Sun this Saturday for my friend's return to the MMA ring. I'll try for next time!
No problem man, have fun. Hope to see you at the next one as well as crossfire :)

I'm also pleased to announce that hax and Otg are confirmed for this.

I'd also like to say that we're sick of teams being relatively dead in tristate, so as a little incentive, for every person that enters teams, we will put $3 into the teams pot. Hopefully eventually we can get teams back to its former glory.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
New England made up their minds:

Myself, Zoso, KevinM, Mofo, Mafia, Mudkyp, and Hurtz will all be here.

mudkyp

Smash Apprentice
Can't wait to see all of you again and meet some new faces maybe. I wish No Johns kids could just come here and then we could all do a monthly No Johns next month?

:<

Alukard

Smash Hero
ok so i managed to switch the date of no johns to the 21st !! Yes thats a friday ... i hope you guys can make it out! ... there will also be a yugioh tournament at toywiz if you guys are into playing that ! also i wont be able to make it out to this .. My sponsor is sending me to another event for the FGC. MH DJN should be attending this from what i recall from our convo. I got ya backs yo!

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
ok so i managed to switch the date of no johns to the 21st !! Yes thats a friday ... i hope you guys can make it out! ... there will also be a yugioh tournament at toywiz if you guys are into playing that ! also i wont be able to make it out to this .. My sponsor is sending me to another event for the FGC. MH DJN should be attending this from what i recall from our convo. I got ya backs yo!
Alright man thanks. Good luck at the FGC event, and I definitely plan on makin the next no johns

Top Bottom