• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry I can't test this myself

demodemo

Smash Ace
I can't get the chain jacket to work to test it myself, but I'm just really curious..

What does a pure melee character with very low priority (cough captain falcon cough) do against a jacketted strong bair?

If the sheik is placed at the edge, what are his options? Also, what moves does say, metaknight have that outprioritize and outrange the jacketted chain?? I'm thinking side B but i can't test it myself

Basically, from what I imagine right now, and basing off of Ryoko's video with the jacketted bair I imagine it being near impossible for an opponent with low priority/low priority projectiles to do anything at all... eg. Ganon, Puff, Samus?

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
samus can probably zair through it, if timed right. but since sheik's so low to the ground it might be a little tough... >_>

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Puff can probably clash-cancel the Chain jacket with a Pound. Samus can likely do the same with her missiles.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
here's what to do against the chain jacket:

don't approach
yeah. it's slightly easier not to approach than it is to hold down the b button.

like when a fox player is blaster spamming. seriously, it's easier for me to stand out of range or to crouch than it is for you to continuously tap that b button like mad. just stop trying, k? (that's what goes through my head every time i face a stupidly spammy fox player when i'm sheik or jiggs)

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
Meta can side-B through the chain. IIRC that happens in one of Ankoku's live vids if you want to check it out. But there's video proof somewhere. Also I would assume that most/all of Samus' projectiles would either cancel or out prioritize the chain. If nothing else, they can charge a Neutral B while you just sit there.

Villi

Smash Lord
Wouldn't Falcon Kick clank with it? I'm pretty sure his jab or dsmash would, at least. But yeah, when people seem like they're just not gonna approach me through the chain, I just take it as my chance to retract it unpunished.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If the attack clashes with the chain then the chain is immediately canceled, so if you have the advantage and you're fine with just waiting there, there's absolutely no way for the opponent to actually punish you, only to be able to stop your chain.

demodemo

Smash Ace
If the attack clashes with the chain then the chain is immediately canceled, so if you have the advantage and you're fine with just waiting there, there's absolutely no way for the opponent to actually punish you, only to be able to stop your chain.
Ooohh, I see. thanks, this was exactly what I was looking for.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Chain jacking doesn't seem very useful to me.

Either you use it to edge guard with a bair or usmash which you could easily do normally against poor recoveries or you will just get flown over by the better ones. The only way I can see it edge guard against those who have good recoveries is if they already used up some of there recovery options which most likely means you don't have enough time to set up the chain jacket anyways or are already so low and out that normal edge guarding would do just as good.

The other means that people discuss is basically suggesting to use it as a stalling method so when you get a stock ahead lead and you stall for the rest of the match when your opponent doesn't have any means of getting around the chain.

I'm not saying it's useless or shouldn’t be deeply look into but it isn't as useful as DACUS at all in a fairly even match.

demodemo

Smash Ace
that was my point tristan, that the chain could be used as an infinite method of stalling when a bair is jacketted against some characters. however, ankoku pointed out that a move with equal priority would clash with the chain, and cause it to retract, bringing you back to point zero.

Top Bottom