• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoPo controls Zelda's shield

Rick Rockmann

Smash Cadet
If you play against a Zelda as just Popo (using the character select easter egg that lets you spawn as him), your shield input makes your opponent shield too. Interestingly, this doesn't apply to Sheik, nor does transforming into Sheik and back into Zelda fix the issue.

TensenROB

Smash Apprentice
I haven't been able to replicate this using P1's shield input, but it did work with P2's. I found you can't do it against Sheik if you're playing as SoPo, tried it with Yoshi and Sheik shielded. In training mode I have SoPo vs Zelda. Shield input for P2 makes the computer shield even if you don't have the AI set to control. I set it to control, transformed to Sheik, and set it back again. Then I did shield input on P2 and Sheik didn't shield.

I tried changing from stop->control->stop on Zelda then shielding and it still shielded. This happens for most characters in training mode, I've done it against a ton of other characters and I assume it's a little easter egg for shield pressure practising.

edit: this also works in vs mode

Last edited:
Top Bottom