• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's Unorthodox Killing Potential

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
Well, I've been messing around a bit more, and have been getting a bit frustrated with Sonic's weakness being his, well, weakness. It's difficult to kill at percentages lower than 140-150% unless you get a pretty clear shot at your opponent. Then, I realized Sonic's secret killing potenital while I was edgeguarding my friend.....

Lowered ceilings+ Sonic's Awesome Spring Vertical Recovery Recovery= Getting KO's at lower percentage by sending enemies upwards rather than side to side.

Using the spring correctly after a double jump can get you off the stage vertically, so using this technique it's pretty easily to get ceiling kills.

I'm guessing I get about 2 or 3 posts before this is shot down like my last idea. :chuckle:

Edit: I was wrong, it was one...:laugh: this has already been dicovered

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Well, if you had been the first to suggest this it might have been a bit more impressive but it's already been brought up PLUS there are videos where this was used in a match. I remember Zeal or someone KO'd an Ivysaur using this method.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
ya this was discovered a long time ago and i think people are making a bigger deal about his lack of power than they really should be, i guarantee if you see sonic in the hands of a master it's going to open a lot of people's eyes

R4ZE

Smash Ace
yea sonic is definately a great character. I mean at first i was like "zomg sonic gimp" but after learning him a bit i can clearly see that he has some seriously valid strong points and even advantages on other characters.

Man, i gotta get my friend code and play some of you jokers.

Top Bottom