• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sonic's shield.. another flaw?

HammerWang

Smash Apprentice
ok i know brawl is practically a balanced game, as of right now
everyone has good speed and power, which balances from character to character
but after watching some vids n playing sonic for a good amount of time
ive seen that sonic's shield is smaller that average
when the shield is first pulled up, his body is covered, yes like everyone else
however, you can see his spines and other bits of his body sticking out .___.
so i believe this will lead to more shield-stabs and other shield-related punishments

i mean c'mon EVEN G&W GOT HIS SHIELD BUFFED
sonic just keeps pulling the short string out of the bunch :/

this is just a thought id like to bring up
dont flame me.. :p

zamora

Smash Cadet
ive had no problems yet (shield planting)

w/e i do get hit tho i can see that its my fault that im not using my shield fast enough

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
Only problem i've had with shielding is that you have practicly no grab range to punish someone with.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
thing that sucks is once sonic takes a hit(in sheild), he slides backwards.. usually out of grab range. but i have had no problesmw ith his sheild... but further more.. sonic's mobility allows him to survive without heavily relying on sheild... and plus there is always dodging.

but i am using sonics sheild more, because i feel tacticly inclined to, and i am satisfied with it.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
its almost a better idea to dodge, and then grab because then you dont get knocked back... but then u rick taking a hit from certain chars, like pikachu because his down smahs is ghey...

i think most characters have this problem to some degree tho.

Top Bottom