• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonics at EVO 2015 (July 17th to 19th; Las Vegas, Nevada)

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
I haven't actually been to a smash tournament yet but I really want to go to one to try it out.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I haven't actually been to a smash tournament yet but I really want to go to one to try it out.
Wouldn't hurt going to a few locals or nearby regionals before making the financial and time commitment to something as huge as EVO.

Would definitely be an experience though. Really wish I was going :/

Maybe I'll make it happen yet… idk

:093:

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Wouldn't hurt going to a few locals or nearby regionals before making the financial and time commitment to something as huge as EVO.

Would definitely be an experience though. Really wish I was going :/

Maybe I'll make it happen yet… idk

Where do I go to look? I've tried asking about a tournament in my county on a smash 4 facebook group before and got no responses. I think there might be some stuff here but I really don't know where.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Where do I go to look? I've tried asking about a tournament in my county on a smash 4 facebook group before and got no responses. I think there might be some stuff here but I really don't know where.
Facebook is good, but there's tournament listings on the site which are broken up by region.

Give them a look. When I was in PA, I mostly had to travel to NJ or NY but it wasn't so bad. Try to find something that's doable.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Facebook is good, but there's tournament listings on the site which are broken up by region.

Give them a look. When I was in PA, I mostly had to travel to NJ or NY but it wasn't so bad. Try to find something that's doable.

Okay, I actually think I fogot that little feature about the facebook smash group. Thank you for your help.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Do they talk about a lot more in the posts or is it just the ones on top for the next two days?

Popi

Former EIC
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
PowpiPenguin
I'll be at EVO :D

This'll be the first time I'm flying out for a Smash event. See ya there!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Due to an unexpected change in circumstance and opportunity...

I'm officially going to EVO.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Sick!

http://evo2015.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/ssb4_c42.html

Can't recognize any of the names and I've only found a couple of their tournament results from a while ago and they placed considerately low. Three rounds of pools to fight through in order to see Top 8.

First round is going to weed out the competition. Round 2 is going to be full of a combination of three types of players.

Mid-Cards, Top Levels & Hidden Bosses.

Final Round before the Top 8 is going to be all top players or select hidden bosses. This is really exciting! Also, I'll be bringing a monitor and Wii U set-up so that when we're not playing at the venue or whatever, we'll be practicing and whatever in our Hotel room. If anyone wants to play Sonic stuff sometime or anything else, hit me up!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'll be bringing a monitor and Wii U set-up so that when we're not playing at the venue or whatever, we'll be practicing and whatever in our Hotel room. If anyone wants to play Sonic stuff sometime or anything else, hit me up!
Let's do iiiiit.
I hope I'll be able to attend one of these events someday.. specially with customs banned
That's why I originally wasn't going to go...

WrathTheHedgehog

Smash Rookie
Add me to that confimed list because Im going as well. Also Kuraudo do you remember me from NDJ? I went by Natsu and Wrath on there

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Can anyone tell me anything about GDX that I should be aware of? He's in my pool and I'm watching videos now.

[EDIT]

Apparently I can't read my own pool. GXB is the name of the player. I don't know who that is unless they messed something up. My bad.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Sorry for the double post but little bump. I'm in room 984 of the Bally! Hit me up! My wifi is gonna be spotty for a bit but I'm good for now!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'm sorry Kuraudo, you're like, the only Sonic there I never got the chance to meet :'(

I met up with 6WX and Joe again, and met Arikie, Scourge, True Blue, and Kinzer for the first time! There are just too many Sonics to name drop but it was awesome meeting everyone!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm sorry Kuraudo, you're like, the only Sonic there I never got the chance to meet :'(

I met up with 6WX and Joe again, and met Arikie and Scourge for the first time! There are just too many Sonics to name drop but it was awesome meeting everyone!

I was cheering you on during one of your sets, actually. You musn't have remembered when I briefly introduced myself, cause it musta been between games or something. Apologies for that! I was the blond guy with glasses and a small goatee.

I had Kinzer and Cyberman in my pool though.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I was cheering you on during one of your sets, actually. You musn't have remembered when I briefly introduced myself, cause it musta been between games or something. Apologies for that! I was the blond guy with glasses and a small goatee.
Ah dude, now that you said it, I think I vaguely remember...

I was so plugged in at the time that I didn't really process who all was trying to talk to me when I was between sets. That's a shame too because I would've loved to actually have a conversation with you, haha.
I had Kinzer and Cyberman in my pool though.
I met Kinzer too, and I don't think I saw Cyberman there x_x I met him recently at KTAR, though.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Ah well! There's always next time. Some other time. Whenever time. :p
I feel so bad now though ;_; I wish you had approached me at a better time D:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I feel so bad now though ;_; I wish you had approached me at a better time D:

If I could go back into a time machine, I would change two things at EVO.

1.) Pick Shulk to fight Fresh Die Nasty (changed his name from RedHalberd; he plays StaticManny all the time)
2.) Approached you again afterwards/at a better time.

It's not the end of the world and we're all one big family in the end. We'll meet again!

Top Bottom