• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's Air Speed....

M.K

Level 55
I think Sonic is a great character, with big potential, and his ground speed is huge. However, the contrast between his ground speed and his air speed really gets me. I'd be running circles around my opponent, jump into the air...and float....on....yeah. Not gonna happen.

Is there any way to combat this?

Soloman

Smash Apprentice
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=149891&page=2
Read and learn this ability. Me n Twinkle got the glitch jump down. Down b is the easiest for air and side b is harder to time but is the only of the 2 spins to launch from the ground.

Basically wut it does is u charge up a bit, and blast forth in a fast arc with really good range. It looks like a regular jump but horizontal and with alot of speed. Its a good recovery of u have been knocked off stage with u're jumps in tact and u do this u can come back from anywhere instead of letting the opponent set up his ledge camping. (as long as u are facing in that direction)

Also u're spin charge initial jump allows u to travel fast in the air. Become fluent with going n and out of the spincycle. Its u're bread n butter in mobility n air and sets up combos for u on the fly.

Acidictadpole

Smash Cadet
Yea.. I replied to your thread posted there with how I thought it was done, without reading the second page yet (sillyme). But until now I didn't think of it as a way to increase sonic's airspeed.. Genius.

Should start practicing this for edge chasing.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Well, if you're trying to follow someone you can usually just spend more time on the ground and position yourself so that Sonic's limited air movement becomes a non-factor. If for some reason you need the actual speed to be in the air, you can charge side b into a jump and that will send you quite nicely (I explain it better in the link Soloman provided). Although, the startup time for that move clues your opponent in to what you're doing, if you mix that in with actually using your side-b you can add that to Sonic's bag-o-mind-games.

Top Bottom