• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's aerial game

RetroJam98

Smash Rookie
NNID
RetroJam98
I LIKE TO PLAY AS Sonic in PM 3.5, and I feel like his aerial game is pretty good but it has so much potential. The forward air is a good meteor smash, but only if you sweetspot it. The up air does some pretty darn good knockback as well. Do you guys have any input on Sonic's aerial moveset?

Last edited:

GabPR

Smash Lord
The question is hard to answer by itself since its so general, mind doing a more specific question?

GabPR

Smash Lord
Mainly talking about his F air. Why would they make it a meteor smash but only if you sweet spot it?
Sonic benefits from fair's none meteor smash hitboxes for combo extensions and high percent finishes, plus making every part of the fair meteor would make the move really one dimensional.

NyTR0

Smash Apprentice
One thing I've noticed is that the fair meteor is super easy to meteor cancel. I'm saying thing without knowledge but it seems to be the worse meteor. I've had people over like 150% and they just ignore it. Its probably only useful if you hit someone with it while they're either off guard or already low on the map. I prefer the other hit box on the fair.

DrugsM2

Smash Apprentice
One thing I've noticed is that the fair meteor is super easy to meteor cancel. I'm saying thing without knowledge but it seems to be the worse meteor. I've had people over like 150% and they just ignore it. Its probably only useful if you hit someone with it while they're either off guard or already low on the map. I prefer the other hit box on the fair.
grounded meteor hitbox's hitstun is stupid long? Its like the best possible thing to hit with in neutral besides a grab

Vultron

Smash Apprentice
True, that's why I usually only use it if I am going off of another Fair, that way it is less expected.

Top Bottom