• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SonicBrawler's Unofficial P:M 3.0 Alts! Shiny Pikachu!

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
Hello. I saw KingJigglyPuff had a thread here, so I thought I might.
As of now, i only have two, but im editing it to be a more advanced alt.

Shadow the Hedgehog

Yes, I know that the alts in the game are tiny changes, and of the same character. (Mario, Dr Mario, Ness, Pajama Ness, etc), but I thought it would be cool to have Shadow. Replaces Sonic's red slot. This gives him Shadow's Wait and Run.

Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35374

This one will replace Sonic's Black slot with Shadow: http://www.mediafire.com/download/n2b7zz9ajb396c3/Project M Shadow over Black Slot.rar

Shiny Pikachu

This give Pikachu his Shiny Color Costume for the 4th costume slot (The one originally with the blue party hat.) It also gives him the shiny effect for a lot of animations. the waits, runs, jumps, taunts, wins, etc. It only applies to this specific costume.

Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=36248

Replaces Red Slot with Shiny Pikachu: https://www.mediafire.com/?v55wqv47kvq2kgv

I might take requests, depending on the character.

Working On:
Shadow V2
Dark Link
Ice Peach
Fierce Deity Link

Last edited:

210stuna

Smash Lord
So what is this now, Brawl Vault?

Prepare for a wave of requests since you don't have any guidelines and you're doing alts that are non-cannon.

The Snorlax Master

Smash Rookie
Couldn't you and Kingjigglypuff consider making one thread together....honestly....this may lead to more people from brawlvault coming and making their threads and I wouldn't like to see this forum being spammed with people saying "Billy mays here with PM 3.0 Alts current Alt custome." I know this can seem kinda rude, which I am sorry for but hey it's just my opinion.

K.Louis

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2836-0421-0500
As long as the requests are contained within their respective threads I don't see what the problem is.

Anyways, could you make a version of Shadow with him over the black slot instead of the red? Makes a bit more sense IMO and it's nicer to have the team colors consistent.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Couldn't you and Kingjigglypuff consider making one thread together....honestly....this may lead to more people from brawlvault coming and making their threads and I wouldn't like to see this forum being spammed with people saying "Billy mays here with PM 3.0 Alts current Alt custome." I know this can seem kinda rude, which I am sorry for but hey it's just my opinion.
To be fair, King Jigglypuff isn't making any of the textures. He's just altering them with more canonically accurate graphical effects.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
So basically, this has nothing to do with "alts" as the term is used in Project M, but rather you're just making your own character.

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
As long as the requests are contained within their respective threads I don't see what the problem is.

Anyways, could you make a version of Shadow with him over the black slot instead of the red? Makes a bit more sense IMO and it's nicer to have the team colors consistent.
yeah, sure thing.

VyseTheQuick

Smash Rookie
I second having the mod over the black slot as opposed to the red slot. It's a bummer the black slot isn't in the back though.

shadowXtreme

Smash Cadet
sonicbrawler can you change more animations than wait and run only? and.. can you mute voices? D:

shadowXtreme

Smash Cadet
i could yeah. im working on a v2. and i could mute it. although it would sound weird having no voice.

I hope some day brawl devs get rid of the soundbank limitations, D:, in order to have sonic and shadow soundbank in one sawnd file D: , then you would be able to do calls to 2 soundbanks instead of one -_-, and sonic and shadow could have their own soundbank -_-, maybe I am just dreaming -_-

- you also can change all animations, even attack ones, but keeping the hitboxes like they are, I mean, you could change the aestetic of the animation only -_-, so their moves will look different, but in escence will be the same, or not? D:

VyseTheQuick

Smash Rookie
Sweet I get red Sonic back. Thanks for the quick fix. Looking forward to your future projects.

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
I hope some day brawl devs get rid of the soundbank limitations, D:, in order to have sonic and shadow soundbank in one sawnd file D: , then you would be able to do calls to 2 soundbanks instead of one -_-, and sonic and shadow could have their own soundbank -_-, maybe I am just dreaming -_-

- you also can change all animations, even attack ones, but keeping the hitboxes like they are, I mean, you could change the aestetic of the animation only -_-, so their moves will look different, but in escence will be the same, or not? D:

I can change attacks. Im making V2 have his own specials. taking the alt thing a bit further than reg alts.

Sweet I get red Sonic back. Thanks for the quick fix. Looking forward to your future projects.
no problem. glad you like it

Shiruzato

Smash Cadet
I'm not quite certain if this has been made noticed to you as of late, but this mod just so happens to crash the game not long before Sonic/Shadow's Final Smash is finished.

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
I'm not quite certain if this has been made noticed to you as of late, but this mod just so happens to crash the game not long before Sonic/Shadow's Final Smash is finished.
hmmm. really? I dont play with Final Smashes in PM so I never thought of testing that. I will take a look at it. I have an idea of a way to fix it though. thanks for posting.

VyseTheQuick

Smash Rookie
Yeah I also had the same problem with the Smash Ball. I usually have it turned off because the Pokemon Trainer characters can't use it, but it is an issue.

Shiruzato

Smash Cadet
Yeah I also had the same problem with the Smash Ball. I usually have it turned off because the Pokemon Trainer characters can't use it, but it is an issue.
Your condition mirrors mine, but it feels much less complete (and to be frank, just plain *isn't* complete) without addressing this issue I'm afraid.

Regardless, I'm sure there are many players out there who play Project M casually and would enjoy this fix, or at the very least those who just so happen to enable Final Smashes.

EDIT: Actually, my good sir, if I may steer us off topic for a moment to simply address something that confuses me? Why are you planning to create a Dark Link alternate costume if Dark Link is already a costume for vBrawl's Link? Perhaps you aim to change his moveset slightly like you advertise you shall do with your Shadow alternate, or perhaps simply add a darkness effect to some of his attacks? Just as a simple curiosity, if you don't mind.

Louie Simpauco

Smash Rookie
would it be possible to replace any other slot with this? Say FitSonic09? I have my P:M cBlissed and I wanna be able to use this on blank slot.

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
Your condition mirrors mine, but it feels much less complete (and to be frank, just plain *isn't* complete) without addressing this issue I'm afraid.

Regardless, I'm sure there are many players out there who play Project M casually and would enjoy this fix, or at the very least those who just so happen to enable Final Smashes.

EDIT: Actually, my good sir, if I may steer us off topic for a moment to simply address something that confuses me? Why are you planning to create a Dark Link alternate costume if Dark Link is already a costume for vBrawl's Link? Perhaps you aim to change his moveset slightly like you advertise you shall do with your Shadow alternate, or perhaps simply add a darkness effect to some of his attacks? Just as a simple curiosity, if you don't mind.
yes. i plan on giving him some dark effect on several animations

Could you make Ice Princess Peach as a replacement for White Peach? :D I'd imagine it be similiar to fire peach....

seems easy enough. sure

would it be possible to replace any other slot with this? Say FitSonic09? I have my P:M cBlissed and I wanna be able to use this on blank slot.

yes. it would. open the psa in what ever psa editing you like, then go to teh wait 1, the run main, and the run sfx, and change the id there in the first option from 1 to 9

Louie Simpauco

Smash Rookie
yes. it would. open the psa in what ever psa editing you like, then go to teh wait 1, the run main, and the run sfx, and change the id there in the first option from 1 to 9
Hmmm, I tried editing the files using PSA but for some reason when I open the .PAC it says it cannot locate the file data. Any solutions?

Smash John

Smash Apprentice
if you're still taking requests, could you do a Silver similar to how you did your Shadow with just a different wait and run? preferably one that would work alongside your Shadow

Dartz

Smash Rookie
Could you please, when you release the Alts, release a wi-fi set version?

Rage83

Smash Ace
Shadow the Hedgehog? Expect floods of requests for Shadow clones and Original the Fancharacters.

Shiruzato

Smash Cadet
Shadow the Hedgehog? Expect floods of requests for Shadow clones and Original the Fancharacters.
I would be fine with another slot being hacked to showcase Silver and simply that, truth be told. Though to be honest I could also live without it; SonicTheHedgehog02 should focus on finishing his current hack before advancing to any further endeavors.

PyreWhisp

Smash Rookie
Great work man, honestly; i'm looking forward to that V2 for one of my favorite characters(Shadow) as MK is now nerfed as.. ok lol

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
if you're still taking requests, could you do a Silver similar to how you did your Shadow with just a different wait and run? preferably one that would work alongside your Shadow
hmmm. maybe? i love silver and all, but I dont see any major edits like run or wait.

Could you please, when you release the Alts, release a wi-fi set version?
well, i would imagien it would work on wifi if u and anyone else doesnt use the slot that has shadow

Great work man, honestly; i'm looking forward to that V2 for one of my favorite characters(Shadow) as MK is now nerfed as.. ok lol

thanks! I should prolly ask this now before I continue

what should i add to v2? I was thinking one-slot specials. (chaos spear on side-b, chaos control teleport on up-b, etc) or should I just do Animation changes?

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
hmmm. maybe? i love silver and all, but I dont see any major edits like run or wait.

well, i would imagien it would work on wifi if u and anyone else doesnt use the slot that has shadow

what should i add to v2? I was thinking one-slot specials. (chaos spear on side-b, chaos control teleport on up-b, etc) or should I just do Animation changes?
Actually, if you did this, I would download it in a heartbeat.

Xcite

Smash Apprentice

I would advise against changing the properties of moves. It would go against what I believe to be the purpose of this thread. And by animation changes I would assume you mean to change how the move "looks". So for example, changing Sonic's punching Fsmash, to Shadow instead charging up a Roundhouse kick or possibly a Mewtwo/Mario Chaos attack thing. That'd be nice aesthetic change that could be implemented.
My main suggestions for Shadow V2 would be:
  • Changing the trail of his spin attacks (I can't remember if this has been done already)
  • Altering Sonic's voice to fit that of Shadow's voice. I don't know if this is doable for slot specific textures, but having that would really complete this Alt. I know for certain that Shadow sounds are all over Brawl Vault and so you shouldn't have any problem with that. I also know that it is possible to change sounds of moves for individual textures (It's called SFX I believe), This was done with many of PM's alts and is currently what KingJigs is doing in his thread. Although this is pure conjecture and I have no real clue if this can be used to alter character voices. I'm aware that someone mentioned this earlier but it holds validity.

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
I would advise against changing the properties of moves. It would go against what I believe to be the purpose of this thread. And by animation changes I would assume you mean to change how the move "looks". So for example, changing Sonic's punching Fsmash, to Shadow instead charging up a Roundhouse kick or possibly a Mewtwo/Mario Chaos attack thing. That'd be nice aesthetic change that could be implemented.
My main suggestions for Shadow V2 would be:
  • Changing the trail of his spin attacks (I can't remember if this has been done already)
  • Altering Sonic's voice to fit that of Shadow's voice. I don't know if this is doable for slot specific textures, but having that would really complete this Alt. I know for certain that Shadow sounds are all over Brawl Vault and so you shouldn't have any problem with that. I also know that it is possible to change sounds of moves for individual textures (It's called SFX I believe), This was done with many of PM's alts and is currently what KingJigs is doing in his thread. Although this is pure conjecture and I have no real clue if this can be used to alter character voices. I'm aware that someone mentioned this earlier but it holds validity.

i see. well the looks i couldnt really change of teh attacks. if i did, i would have to change the attack fully, as apposed to an animation change. the spin trail, maybe. doubt it. as for teh sfx, yes. althought not sure if it would go over file size

Shiruzato

Smash Cadet
My honest opinion? Just change his S- and U-Specials, specifically to the ones that you had mentioned earlier. You could also change some of the more "Sonic" attacks to something more akin to Shadow (such as his F-Smash to a roundhouse kick, an example mentioned earlier in this very thread) or U-Smash to Chaos Burst/Blast, similar to his incarnation in Super Smash Brothers Crusade, but that should be something that pops up later. And, yes; of course you should change the trail colours from blue to orange, such as in Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle), and change/mute his voice.

In short:
S-Special
U-Special
S-Smash
U-Smash
Attack Trail
Voice mute/change

Top Bottom