• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic vs Wolf

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i think matchup is about 60-40 wolf's favor.sonic lacks killing moves and wolf is moderately heavy.also his blaster beats everyone of sonic's good combo moves.mainly downb and side b get wrecked.wolf also outspaces him

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You know, I hate forgetting this one important detail about Wolf, but...:

What exactly is scarring and how is it done?

It's some wierd jazz that Wolf can just Side-B through ledges, that much I know, but is it possible for people to do on a consistent enough basis that I should make a mention of this in the write-up, or just leave it as I see fit... which I assure you will be to meet satisfaction?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
i think matchup is about 60-40 wolf's favor.sonic lacks killing moves and wolf is moderately heavy.also his blaster beats everyone of sonic's good combo moves.mainly downb and side b get wrecked.wolf also outspaces him
Down B and side B are rarely used by Sonic, they are bad approaches in general.
I agree with the spacing issue and lack of kill setups.
I do think its 6-4 because of those two as well as a few other factors such as Wolf's aerial and ground game being overall better than Sonic.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
ShadowLink: Anything you say about Sonic, he'll find a counter-statement to it.

Wather he wants to admit or deny the above statement is true, this is why I didn't bother to make a reply... thanks Shadow! :p

P.S. I still need that scarring (if I am even spelling that right) thing clarified so I can do a better job at making a good/clean/unbias write-up.

teekay

Smash Journeyman
Scarring is just a way for Wolf to use his side B through the edge of a stage so he can land more towards the middle. It can be done consistently and easily, but it doesn't have a significant impact on this or any other matchup. It's really only useful as a way to fake out an edge guarder so as to get back on the stage safely. If they're really unprepared, you can hit them with the end of Wolf's side B when you use it, but anyone who knows what to expect won't get hit by it.

Look up wolf scarring on youtube and you'll see plenty of examples. It might be worth mentioning that the Sonic player should be aware Wolf can do it when he is recovering, but it's nothing specific to Sonic's matchup with him.

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
Well scarring is when you hang on the ledge, then DI away and use side B immediately after which makes Wolf appear in the middle of the stage and sweetspot some space behind him.

Semi-scarring is when Wolf uses his side B and holds down which makes Wolf miss edges completely. Wolf can use it at distance and end up on the edge of the stage, or closer, it's all in what he wants to do. If you find the right spacing for it and time it right, he can hit the edge and sweetspot an edge guarder then grab the ledge itself. It makes it possible for Wolf to have very differing recovery tactics and can be, if used correctly, very unpredictable.

Top Bottom