• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Vs.... (Video Collection Thread)

JbrockPony

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JbrockPony
I want share videos for Sonic mains since I don't see that much sonic videos besides Cobermani456 and Zippo. I'm not sure if Wizzrobe is playing sonic or not but if someone could refer to me to his smash 4 sonic gameplay that would be great. It would be nice if you guys can critique me as well.

I plan on recording better quality once Smash 4 is out for America since I also own a 3DS XL capture card. Got the footage off my Japanese 3DS

Anyways, Here are my current match ups vids. [9/20/14]

Update #2: So Far I have myself, Cyberman, and Zippo[9/24/14] .

JbrockPony's Sonic
:4sonic:Jbrock Vs :4lucina:Lucina

:4sonic:Jbrock Vs :4mario:Mario

:4sonic:Jbrock Vs :4greninja:Gekkouga/Greninja

:4sonic:Jbrock and :4wiremac:Little Mac Vs :4yoshi:Yoshi and :4pit:Black Pit/Dark Pit (For Glory Team match)

:4sonic:Jbrock Vs :4pit:Black Pit/Dark Pit

:4sonic:Jbrock Vs :4ganondorf:Gannondorf

Cyberman's Sonic
I only have 3 matches uploaded so far:
vs Kim :4yoshi:
vs マガ :4falcon:
vs Leffen :4diddy:

Was surprised to play Leffen with little to no lag.

Zippo's Sonic

:4sonic: (Zipzo) Vs Fox:4fox:

:4sonic:(Zipzo) Vs Fox #2:4fox:

Little background on me. I never mained sonic in brawl but I mained sonic in project m. I applied most of my project m play style into the sonic you see now. Kinda cool that some of my tricks carry over.

For the Mods*
I'm not sure if someone already made a match up thread yet. If there is I'm sure you guys will let me know lol.

Last edited:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Nice vids. I loved every single dair spike you managed to land. And it's nice to know that even though it's not as it used to be, we can still recover with SD.

Also, 1:16 in the Dark Pit vid: holy steak, now that's some grab range buff if I've ever seen one (and by buff I mean: from nonexistant in Brawl to a decent one in Sm4sh).

While I see that you use HA quite a bit, any reason as to why you don't use it for edgeguarding?

BTW, that last Dorfkick was brutal lol

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
Dat double K.O in the :4sonic:vs :4greninja: video at 2:14

Last edited:

JbrockPony

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JbrockPony
While I see that you use HA quite a bit, any reason as to why you don't use it for edgeguarding?

BTW, that last Dorfkick was brutal lol

Well HA is kinda unsafe to use off stage since it only has one use and it is also hard to act off it off stage. I feel more confortable to do it on stage since if it happens to wiff, the lag from the bounce is reduced enough for me to act out of it. Plus, forward tilt or jump > down air seems like a better options imo.

And yes, I was super salty from that dorfkick =__=.

cg0rz152

Smash Rookie
4:24 vs CF.. wtf was that?
I'm not sure, but perhaps it has something to do with the spring on the ground? If you watch closely, there is a little blue flash and it looks like the spring recoils for a fraction of a second.

Maybe that could be what happens if you side B into the spring?

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099

Around 7 minutes in the matches against Leffen you Dair spiked him into the spring causing him to bounce back. I thought that was pretty awesome. Nice matches especially the last one in that set against Diddy. I always found Diddy to be one of his harder match ups in my opinion.

Last edited:

JbrockPony

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JbrockPony
I only have 3 matches uploaded so far:
vs Kim :4yoshi:
vs マガ :4falcon:

Re-posted your vids on my post. I didn't know you can cancel Side-B with shield :O. And great use of your down-b setups, I almost forgot sonic has a hitbox while jumping in the down-b animation.

Leffen's Diddy is scary >_>...

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
If this satisfying gameplay can come from playing Project M, then I can't wait to get my hands on this and perform all of the suicidal down-spikes I want. This down-spike may be riskier than P:M's, but looks and just feels far more satisfying.

-UPDATE: THAT GANON KICK, THOUGH!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

I know you said "besides" me, but if this is a video collection thread I thought I could start making highlights and exporting to YouTube so that there is an easy to see place for particular fights. I've only uploaded two but I plan to go through my broadcasts and throw up all of my 1v1 matches which should be quite a bit.

Sonic (Zipzo) Vs Fox
http://youtu.be/xHCKESYh_oE

Sonic (Zipzo) Vs Fox #2
http://youtu.be/C6iXkB6BELU

More on the way, will update in here when I get around to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

JbrockPony

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JbrockPony
I know you said "besides" me, but if this is a video collection thread I thought I could start making highlights and exporting to YouTube so that there is an easy to see place for particular fights. I've only uploaded two but I plan to go through my broadcasts and throw up all of my 1v1 matches which should be quite a bit.

Sonic (Zipzo) Vs Fox
http://youtu.be/xHCKESYh_oE

Sonic (Zipzo) Vs Fox #2
http://youtu.be/C6iXkB6BELU

More on the way, will update in here when I get around to it.
Na it's fine. Gonna pin this to my post. Thanks for the share.

D

Deleted member 245254

I would take a gander at other video related threads for guidance if need be.

Fun to watch you @ Cyberman6 Cyberman6 , I think we play Sonic very differently so it was fun to watch!

Last edited by a moderator:

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
I think these are all really great videos. Cyberman6 does a lot of the shield cancels and Brawl techs I wanted to see. Not only does it help with spacing but provides great mix ups. Good to see majority of them are back and work effectively. Its probably easier to transition from Brawl Sonic than PM Sonic though.

Keep up the good work guys.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
The matches I had with Cyber (and his other tournament matches) should be uploaded within the day.

GenericSonicFanName

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. Relatively new Smash fan, longtime Sonic fan. Just crawling through Japanese Smash vids to learn more techniques and came across a few cool things.

Sonic vs Ganon

Awful fight so I skipped to the end. Ganon's Up B and Sonic's Down A clashed, but the Meteor Smash still went through. If you time it right you might be able to sweetspot the spike without leaping off the stage.

Sonic vs. Rosalina 1
Sonic vs. Rosalina 2
Sonic vs. Rosalina 3

Great fights. Couple notes:
1. Sonic moves damn near like he's tool assisted. He's just so much smother with the Spin Dashes.
2. I'm no Brawl expert, but I don't recall Spinshot dragging the opponent with you? This can lead to some badass followups.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Still really glad we have spinshot confirmation.

:093:

Top Bottom