• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic tried to save pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanicdude246

Smash Apprentice
During world of light. People are saying the warp star was faster then sonic. But he slowed down giving a hand for Pikachu.
rip pika.png

I tried to put at high quality. As you can see sonic's arm is moved and his feet looked like they were slowing down. Watch the vid and look at frame by frame. You will see the diffrence

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I didn't get that impression. It looked like Sonic saw Pikachu's demise before being hit by a beam of light. Since Sonic's motive cannot be gleaned from that scene, it appears it'd be based on one's interpretation. If there was any motive, it appears there were two. Fight-or-flight. Sonic ran away, thus, he chose to flee.

It doesn't matter if you think Sonic is faster than Kirby's warp star. Canonically, Sonic can run at hypersonic speed in his base form. The lowest speed you can get from that is Mach 5. Also, consider this is Sakurai's creation, so maybe he thinks the warp star is faster. It certainly wasn't faster than those beams of light, since several passed by Kirby.

I find this silly to be worked up over. If you want to talk speed and say Sonic can reach light speed, then I can easily argue that Samus is faster than any known Nintendo character with her ship. The official Metroid Prime Web site says the gunship can travel "7.2 × 10 c". That is 72 times the speed of light, or over 13 million miles per second.

To use Sonic's words, "You're too slow!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom