• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic the Baron's List of All-Star Stages and Their Reasons: *Spoilers!*

D

Deleted member

I've decided to make a list of the stgaes in the ne All-Star mode in Brawl. I hope you enjoy:

Note: Spoilers ahead!

LEVEL 1: Mr. Game & Watch Flat Zone 2

LEVEL 2: VS Mario, Bowser, Peach, Luigi Of what I've seen, you start off fighting Mario and Luigi on Mushroomy Kingdom. However, I've been informed that the the stages are random, so it could also be fighting on Delfino Plaza?, Mario Circuit?, or Luigi's Mansion?. Character order might also be random.

LEVEL 3: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong May fight on Rumble Falls? or 75m.

LEVEL 4: Ice Climbers The Summit

LEVEL 5: R.O.B. Mario Bros.

LEVEL 6: Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link Great Sea confirmed, Bridge of Eldin? possible

LEVEL 7: Samus/Zero Suit Samus Norfair? or Frigate Orpheon?

LEVEL 8: Pit Skyworld?

LEVEL 9: Snake Shadow Moses Island?

LEVEL 10: Lucas, Ness New Pork City?

LEVEL 11: Ike, Marth Castle Siege?

LEVEL 12: Yoshi Yoshi's Island?

LEVEL 13: Captain Falcon Port City Aero Dive?

LEVEL 14: Sonic Green Hill Zone?

LEVEL 15: Kirby, Meta Knight, King DeDeDe Battleship Halberd?

LEVEL 16: Fox, Falco, Wolf Lylat Cruise?

LEVEL 17: Wario WarioWare?

LEVEL 18: Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Lucario Pokemon Stadium 2? or Spear Pillar?

LEVEL 19: Pikimin & Olimar Distant Planet?

Original post:

Anyway, I have been thinking about which stages characters appear on in All-Star mode. I decided to open this thread to share my opinions.

Note: These are soley the opinions of Sonic the Baron and do not represent the opinions of the rest of Smash World Forums in any way.

Mario Of course, we start with Nintendo's mascot. After much thought, I narrowed it down to either Mario Circuit or Mario Bros. The reason of why I didn't choose any other stages will be explained below. Besides, with a stage with "Mario" in the title, it has to be Mario's stage, right? No? Oh well, I'll explain the other reasons. Mario Circuit is the Mario Kart sta-- Okay stop italicizing Mario. Anyway, the Mario Kart series is about Mario primarily, so that's why I choose Mario Circuit as one. As for the other, Mario Bros., Mario Bros. was the first game in which Mario was identified as a plumber, and I think that is a pretty big deal. I'll let you discuss this one.

Bowser Mario's most famous rival, Bowser, has a plenty of choices, but I decided that Mushroomy Kingdom would be best. Why? Well, let's say that in Super Mario Bros., Mario failed to pass that first Goomba. That would pretty much make Bowser the king of the Mushroom Kingdom, and it would look like that a lot sooner. That logic is why Mushroomy Kingdom would make sense.

Peach In Super Mario Sunshine, wasn't Peach going on that vacation with Mario, Toadsworth, and the Toads? So it was essentially her vacation, and Mario just tagged along, got framed for ruining the island, and in short, went on another Mario adventure. That's why I choose Delfino Plaza for Peach. 'Nuff said

Luigi Luigi's stage should be Luigi's Mansion. That's all you need to know.

Link The Bridge of Eldin was the site of Link's now famous joust with King Bulblin. A famous location from Twilight Princess, it should be obvious. Besides, did you ever see Zelda, Ganondorf, or Toon Link there? No.

Zelda I think Temple. Why? Princesses=Castles.

Ganondorf This one was a bit hard. However, after much consideration, I decided that because Ganon might possibly be the most powerful villain in the Nintendo universe (Besides Taboo), Final Destination would make sense. It looks like a place for a final showdown, thus its name.*Cue "The Final Countdown" song*

Toon Link Let's face it. Toon Link is from Wind Waker. Great Sea is from Wind Waker. Need I say more?

Kirby Green Greens definitely looks like a Kirby stage. Period.

Meta Knight What an idiot would say: "Oh, Battleship Halberd has Meta Knight face on it. That must mean that it is NOT Meta Knight's stage."

King DeDeDe Rainbow Ride/Cruise looks dreamy, right? And triple D is the king of Dreamland.

Pikachu This was pretty hard, choosing between PS and PS2. However, in the end, I chose Pokemon Stadium. Your answer is below.

Pokemon Trainer Pokemon Stadium 2 looks a lot more technologically advanced than the first Stadium.

Jigglypuff Am I the only one who thinks that Jigglypuff fits in with the rest of Smashville?

Lucario Lucario is awesome. Spear Pillar is awesome. End of story.

Fox Fox deserves the new Star Fox stage, Lylat Cruise. That's because I don't really care much about...

Falco At least he's spending some much-needed time in Corneria.

Wolf The subject of the best song in gaming deserves an awesome-looking stage. Thus, Frigate Orpheon.

Samus Samus's stage has always had lava/acid. Norfair is obvious.

Donkey Kong I chose 75m because it's from the very first Donkey Kong. I command you to get it on like Donkey Kong.;)

Diddy Kong Monkeys=Jungles. Thus, Rumble Falls.

Yoshi What else ther than Yoshi's Island? And I mean the new version, not Yoshi's Island Melee.

Lucas New Pork City is a Mother 3 stage. Lucas is a Mother 3 character.

Ness Onett was Ness's stage in Melee. I don't think that's going to change, because the only other Mother stage is NPC.

Captain Falcon Port Town Aero Dive is all you need to know.

Ice Climbers At least The Summit is better than Icicle Mountain.

Ike/Marth The reason that I put them together is because I'm sure who goes where. One will get Castle Siege, the other Battlefield. Discuss this one. Please.

Mr. Game & Watch Mr. G&W is from Game & Watch. Flat Zone 2 is based on Game & Watch. Tell me this doesn't mix. I dare ya.

Pit Skyworld. Next!

Wario WarioWare is the only Wario stage in Brawl. No more needs to be said.

Snake Grizzled Soldier+Secret Base=Extreme Combo. Shadow Moses Island is pretty obvious.

Sonic Ah, I can easily imagine a Mario Vs. Sonic match on Green Hill Zone. We still have that "Final Countdown" CD, right? I first heard it in a Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games commercial.

R.O.B. PictoChat is part of the DS. R.O.B. was bundled with the NES. There ya go.

Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed it.:)

Zevox

Smash Lord
We have a video of some of All Star Mode already (here). Seems it does things a bit differently this time:

It opens with the entire Mario cast fighting you on Mushroomy Kingdom, 1 vs 2, with Bowser and Peach showing up to replace Mario and Luigi once you KO them.
Then proceeds with Donkey and Diddy Kong on the DK Arcade level.
Then the Ice Climbers on The Summit.
Then R.O.B. on the Mario Bros level.
Then the entire Zelda cast on Great Sea, same 1-on-2 with replacements scheme as with the Mario cast.

And we didn't get any more than that because the player sucked :urg: . But yeah, looks like larger franchises get to work together in a single fight on a single stage this time. So Marth and Ike will be together on Castle Siege, the Pokèmon group will likely be on either Spear Pillar or Pokèmon Stadium 2, the Kirby group on Battleship Halberd, Lucas and Ness on New Pork City, etc etc.

Zevox

WeltallZero

Smash Cadet
Actually, All-star starts with Mr Game & Watch on flat zone 2. It then moves on chronologically by series, and all characters from a series are fought as a group in a random stage from that series. After G&W, it's the four mario representatives (yoshi excluded, which is fought later) in a random mario stage, and so on. The last one is Olimar.

superduper

Smash Cadet
Actually, All-star starts with Mr Game & Watch on flat zone 2. It then moves on chronologically by series, and all characters from a series are fought as a group in a random stage from that series. After G&W, it's the four mario representatives (yoshi excluded, which is fought later) in a random mario stage, and so on. The last one is Olimar.
But Donkey Kong came before Mario Bros.

Zevox

Smash Lord
But Donkey Kong came before Mario Bros.
Well, technically, Mario and Donkey Kong debuted at the same time, in the game Donkey Kong, though Mario was called Jumpman at the time. The DK series should probably be considered older than Mario's though, certainly. I guess Nintendo used their simultaneous debut as an excuse to give Mario the top spot.

Either that, or they just ignored the original DK games and went with the debuts of the Super Mario and Donkey Kong Country series.

Interesting way to work it though. I like it. Much better than the random arrangement we had in Melee.

Zevox

Rakath

Smash Ace
Technically Donkey Kong from Donkey Kong isn't in Brawl, but Jumpman from Donkey Kong is...

Since Cranky isn't in the game. The Donkey Kong in Brawl is from a later series which is probably why its a later fight.

WeltallZero

Smash Cadet
Technically Donkey Kong from Donkey Kong isn't in Brawl, but Jumpman from Donkey Kong is...

Since Cranky isn't in the game. The Donkey Kong in Brawl is from a later series which is probably why its a later fight.
Good thinking, but I do think it's the original that's considered for timeline purposes for Allstar, (save for the "Mario/Jumpman before DK" oddity that I also noticed). Note that you fight DK and Diddy before Pit, and even ROB; if it was DK Country which was considered, it would be MUCH farther down the timeline.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Good thinking, but I do think it's the original that's considered for timeline purposes for Allstar, (save for the "Mario/Jumpman before DK" oddity that I also noticed). Note that you fight DK and Diddy before Pit, and even ROB; if it was DK Country which was considered, it would be MUCH farther down the timeline.
But as we know, Donkey "Crankey" Kong is father to Donkey Kong, granting DK a Jr. at the end of his name. Which would timeline the series a smidge earlier than Country (and Diddy just gets dragged along as it'd be odd to put him separate).

Top Bottom