• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic the Annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garlic Wonder

Smash Apprentice
All the Sonic players do now is this dumb combo where they do his spin dash, then do a jump while doing aerial kicks then do their spring jump and then do Up Air and then you die and go flying away in the distance.

It's a creative combo, I must admit, but it seems that EVERYONE who picks him, which is a lot of people, just spam it so they can look cool and finish you off.

So, what can I do about this stupid Sonic Combo?

Last edited:

Garlic Wonder

Smash Apprentice
You mean I could've just use my Chomp to eat Sonic this entire time?!

Wow, thanks! I'll try it next time a Sanik appears, which is as common as seeing a Little Mac in battle.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Oh, man.. Maybe that's why I get so many rage quitters. I mean, I first start playing with Mac and if I lose I then procceed to completely wreck them with Sonic. :troll:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
You mean I could've just use my Chomp to eat Sonic this entire time?!

Wow, thanks! I'll try it next time a Sanik appears, which is as common as seeing a Little Mac in battle.
Keep in mind that a good Sonic can bait your chomp and then punish it, though.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sonic can combo into the Uair at certain percents, so your best best is to usually try to DI to the best of your ability. From that point on, here's what the Sonic is thinking.

1. They'll try to go for the true combo. In the higher percents though, it doesn't always combo so that's when you can airdodge and they'll frantically try to catch that airdodge with another Uair or a Nair if they whiffed the first one. There are also percents where they can get greedy and try to chase with spring and be way too far away.
  2. They'll bait the airdodge. They'll anticipate your reflex and delay their Uair, so you have to stay alert and make the right choice.
Other than just trying to play the coin flip airdodge game, you can also try to compete with Sonic's air game (which is difficult for a lot of the cast as Sonic's Uair has great range and if you whiff, you will get wrecked).

Some characters can time a Dair spike if they have one, or use aerials that have multiple hits or send them to the ground quickly (trying to catch a rising Sonic with ground pound, etc.)

In this case, Wario might be able to pull of FF Dair or Nair... Worth experimenting with. But yeah, I'd say these are the general answers.

There's nothing you can do about how way past cool Sonic looks pulling it off on you though. That's just how he rolls.

:093:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom