• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Stage Discussion Export: Jungle Japes

Tesh

Smash Hero

JUNGLE JAPES​

So how about Jungle Japes for Sonic?

Good? Bad? Amazing? Worst? Meh? Super fun? Super gay?

Tell me all about how Sonic performs on Japes.

Stage facts:
-Super high ceiling, killing off the top will happen MUCH MUCH later.

-Klaptrap appears every 10 seconds(approx. on the rightside when the clock ends in "7". So at 7:57, 7:47, 7:37 etc. the croc shows up near the right ledge (closer to 6 near the end of a longer match). Klaptrap appear 4 seconds later on the left edge when the clock ends in"3".

-Platforms are solid, but extremely thin, nearly all nairs, uairs, bairs and fairs can hit people standing on the main and side platforms.

-When edgeguarding on the right side, the water is a free ticket to the ledge, keep it in mind. Landing in the water on the left side guarantees death for most characters.

I could see Sonic playing keep away here, but he would be horrible at killing as he lacks low trajectory moves.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
What is there to say about this stage that pertains to Sonic in particular?

It's more like a case of "who to avoid on this stage?" and "who does Sonic go neutral with on this stage?"

Then again, I already know that I wouldn't mind taking a Snake here. How often do people get to live long enough to be killed by the sides when facing him again? Sonic's kind of an off-side killer too I'd imagine.

That's just one character. Is there anybody else?

:093:

Life

Smash Hero
You know what's fun? Jumping off the side of the stage and spinshotting to the center. Might be useful as a run-away/lightcircle tactic.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Stage is too thin for that IMO. And the crocs limit your options when going under the stage.

I do think against slower characters, spinshotting WAY over them could be an option. The height of the ceiling and the horizontal width of the stage makes it possible to completely avoid slower characters that attempt to approach you on the side platforms.

Gossie97

Smash Rookie
Sonic would be good because he is a good jump character that can survive the stream below the stage. U ROCK SONIC!!!!

Top Bottom