• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Rumors Return

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Once again, News about News comes back. There’s been a few rumors lately being heard around teh Internets regarding Sonic appearing in our beloved Brawl. One’s a magazine article, and one’s an Email. Lets start with the one that’s poped up the most, the Article.

<!--more-->
<a href="http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/3996/brawlnewsxn2.png">The now known as fake article can be found here.</a>

This article, from the Mexican Magazine “Club Ventendo” was posted on the Nsider forums, claiming that the magazine was 3 days late and contains news that Sonic is to be announced on the Dojo, wether he’s in Brawl or not. The magazine also mentions that Sonic is actually already in Brawl, they’re just waiting for Sega’s final permission, with the deadline for them to say yes or no, is on the 26th of July, and whatever the result is, will be posted on the Dojo.

However, if you stop and think about it, it’s most likely fake. Why? For a few reasons.
1. Sakurai would never let lose killer info like this on some unknown magazine, he’d post it on the Dojo.
2. This was psoted on the 19th, and was suposedly 3 days late, meaning it was due on the 16th. Shame though, that on the 19th the picture of Zamus used was released, which makes you wonder, how did they get the picture so early, keeping in mind most magazines operate at least a month ahead? (Meaning they would have had the picture about a month ago)
3. No one else has gotten the issue, or posted a photo of the full page.

<strong><em>This has been confirmed false, with the creator coming out and admitting it.</em></strong>

Now the second rumor, that thankfully hasn’t been posted everywhere. This again comes from the Nsider forum where someone fired off an Email to the E for All crowd. For those who don’t know, E for All is like a smaller E3, but one more like the E3 of old. Anyway, the responce he recieved is as follows.

<blockquote>“You have recently Emailed us about information On Super Smash Bros Brawl!

“Dear E for All, I was wondering super smash bros brawl would be in the E for all show, as that is the only reason i would buy a ticket. Steve”

We will confirm, As we have been to many Fans emailing us on this subject, That Sakurai will be making an Appearance, and An exclusive new character will be confirmed! The only thing we can say is that Sega fans will be happy!

We hope that this will justify you buying a ticket, All the best
Mark James

- E for all”</blockquote>

<a href="http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/5087/eforallemailwd7.jpg">A screenshot if anyone’s interested.</a>

Could this be refering to Sonic? It could just mean someone from Nights. Or just be meaning a game made by Sega and not Brawl at all. One thing’s for sure though, one of these might be true, but if one is, the other is proven as False. Why would Sakurai announce Sonic at E for All in October after announcing it at the end of July? Would the organisers know what Sakurai’s planning on doing so far ahead? I guess once again, we rely on Time- and Sakurai - to tell us.

H

homelessvagrant

Another sonic rumor? We can just find out when brawl’s released. I already know he’s in the game.

S

Sneaky 2.0

I always found it strange that Sega wouldn’t agree to have someone like Sonic in Brawl right away. It didn’t make much sense. Not that I support him, I pretty much abstain on this one.

M

METROID MAN

is solid snake from capcom? well anyway, they will probably only have one charecter from each different company, so if sega gets in, it will be sonic because he at least was in gamecube games…
I dont care if he gets in or not, if he does, i’ll pull out the zero laser on him!

S

Sneaky 2.0

I guess that’s why NiGHTS can’t get in. Although he probably could as he was in Billy Hatcher. That was after the player collected all of those rare coins though, or got lucky in battle mode.

R

Random_Guy_42

Made an account just to post this.

You didn’t do your research Mic. The Ventendo one is false. If you go back to the Nsider thread that it was originally posted in. The thread creator admitted to faking the image.

The other one, however, I hadn’t heard of. Be interesting to see where that goes.

M

monkey fecies

metroid man, solid snake is from the metal gear solid games. and yeah the mexican one isnt true

D

Du5t

There are few reasons I can’t believe the second one either.
For one, I would hope that the e-mail responders from E for All would have better grammar than that (captilizing everything, run-on sentence structures, and using nothing but exclamations).
Secondly, considering how tight lipped Nintendo has been in the past and how more so Sakurai has been about Brawl, I highly doubt anyone at E for All really knows anything. If anything they may just be saying it to sell more tickets :p.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Another day, another ******** rumor. I swear, if I was to say Naruto was confirmed to be in Brawl, with fake shots of it on a Nsider forum, it would be all over youtube in 5 days. Man I hate this crap!

Also, Nintendo is going to release Sonic more than likely in a trailer. They want to hit him with a BANG!!!, and headshot HALO 3 with him, maybe along with Megaman. I dunno, this is just speculation, but when he’s announced, he shall be announced intelligentely.

-Johnknight1

A

awesome ivan

i bet any one 10$ tomorrows update is going to be meta knight. any ways, this is probably what there going to do;
once they release all the known newcomers, there going to release a couple more veterans, then give us a whole slew of in-Nintendo newcomers then about a week before the game release; bam! there going to show us the 2 or 3 3rd party characters. so dont expect any thing soon (in theory)

F

FalcoRoy

Wait….. Nights is a boy!!!!!!!OMG!!!!!!!

well i still think that sonic has a very high chance to be in brawl.
but i would like to see Cloud Strife from Kingdom hearts: Chain of Memories on the GBA

A

awesome ivan

my guess is that there will be sonic (duh!) megaman with ether knuckles or zero as well as some one from another company.

M

METROID MAN

MONKIE FECIES….
I KOW THATS THE GAME SOLID SNAKE IS FROM!

I WANTED TO KNOW THE COMPANY!!!

B

Ben

F**k no not sonic!!!!!!!! I’m not getting Brawl if he’s in there. You just can’t mix Nintendo and Sega together!!! It has to be a completely NINTENDO game. Sonic sucks! Sonic sucks! Sonic sucks! Sonic sucks! Sonic sucks!!!

B

Ben

I hate sonic!!! He thinks he’s so much better than Mario. But Sonic sucks balls!!! Snake is from NINTENDO and not CAPCOM.

I

Impulse

Well, the first rumor I can tell you more about why is fake. I’m from Mexico and first of all, there is not a magazine named Club Ventendo, the name of the magazine is Club Nintendo and is soooooo much better than this piece of garbage.

Another thing: Hedgehog in spanish is Erizo, not Herizo…

The second rumor is something that won’t let me sleep… I didn’t know about that E for all, and I really want Sonic in this game… I can just wait…

H

homelessvagrant

No Ben you idiot Snake’s from Konami. Hideo Kojima has his own productions under Konami in which he makes Metal Gear games.

Whether these rumors are fake or not will be determined when the game is released or Sakurai puts it on the blog. There’s no point in determining if their fake or not is a waste of brain power because we already know they’re rumors and are from reliable sources so we won’t go anywhere analyzing this trash.

Ben your being imature about sonic. It’s not like he’d ruin the game being a character.It’s like me hating Melee because I dislike the clones. He’s just one character out of 40, and trust me he’s in brawl. Also I’d like to state that his game’s did suck in 3D games but the 2D games were cool.

L

Lava

Hey, Johnknight1, it’s good to see more people I recognize from smashboards. (You haven’t been posting much have you?) Anyway, KEEP THE WIND WAKER THREAD ALIVE!

Sorry everyone else.

So yeah, I’m really wondering if Sakurai will keep it limited to 2 more 3rd party characters. Who knows, maybe he could throw in 4 more! I wouldn’t really be too surprised if just Snake was in, although I do kind of expect Sonic, so I guess I’d be a little surprised if he didn’t make it. In any case, it will be a tremendous announcement when/if he’s announced.

Is anyone else still a little sad about the slow speed of Brawl? I was trying to tell myself that it wasn’t really much different, but that 15 sec clip is SOO slow, and Sakurai came out and said it himself that he’s “adjusting” the speed for Brawl. T_T

Megaman and WW Link for Brawl! (And Sonic I guess…)

Oh yeah, and more about this topic. Rumors are dumb, but at least they’re entertaining for about 2 minutes.

A

Animal 214

ya im worried about tha 2 lava that would suk nd if u looked at the trailer it looked so ez 2 do combos it might be like n64 smash all over sry off topic

but i think sonic will b in although it b better if it was al nintendo but he deff wont ruin the game im excited

…ps banjo kazooie should deff b in it

H

homelessvagrant

It would be hilarious (and awesome 0_o) if Sonic was actually announced for brawl on the 26th of July.

S

Sneaky 2.0

If they were planning to get him in, wouldn’t they have voicework being done?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Voicework is pretty easy to add at the lat minute as oposed to character models, animation and physics.

Random_Guy_42: I kinda wrote this in a bit of a hurry, so I didn’t read all the thread, just a few of the first pages and the last one, which didn’t say anything about the guy saying it was false. Thanks for posting though, I’ll edit that in now.

F

FalcoRoy

hey ben what do you have against sonic anyway ?

but besides that the 3rd party characters i want see are;

Cloud Strife- KH: chain of memories on GBA
Nightmare- Soul caliber 2 on Game cube :-D
Sonic- sonic adventure battle 2 on game cube

B

Ben

Everyone thinks Sonic is better than Mario but they’re wrong. Mario is the best! And how could a hedgehog talk? All he does is roll in a ball and collect rings. THAT’S IT!!!

B

Ben

And Brawl has to be a PURE Nintendo game!!! You can’t put Sonic in it’ll RUIN the game!!! If Sonic is in, I’m not getting Brawl. I want to get Brawl really bad but I hate Sonic so much that if he’s in I’m not getting it. I don’t know why people like him so much if all he does is roll around in a ball and collect stupid rings!!! WTF? That is so ********. I will not get any game that even has a sighting of Sonic in it. And I’ll never buy a Sonic game, even if I was paid to have one.

B

Ben

By the way, I’m getting a Wii in 6 days, on my b-day on the 29th. I hate link to and I’ll NEVER buy the twilight princess game. Link is not as bad as Sonic though because Sonic is stupid.

F

falcofuku96

I think Knucles will be in the game if sonic is. Just becasue Knuckles is more popular then Sonic. And Ben, RELAX, stop saying your not going to buy the game and jsut do it. Your not hurting any of us

F

FalcoRoy

exactly falcofuku96 just what I’ve been thinking oh I just reserved my copy of SSBB today down at gamestop

F

falcofuku96

ohhh, i went like 3 times and they said you cant. Thanks FalcoROy, im going to reserve mine tommorow

H

homelessvagrant

Wait Ben tell me this, what does Mario do? He runs around slamming his head in bricks and jumping on turtles. Lets not even get into the mushrooms.

Sonic may not be a nintendo character no, but he has influenced many of Nintendo’s key moves. He represents the struggle between Nintendo and Sega during the 16 bit days, an important part of Nintendo’s history. Smash bros is about combining every key moment in Nintendo’s history (along with some random ones, ice climbers). So in that sense he would fit very well in nintendo’s history.

Ben, who do you like (Im sorry I’m already taken ^_^)? i’m curious to ask why your even on this site if your going to let one character get in the way of buying the game. You either are or you aren’t and we don’t want to hear your whining otherwise

P.S.
I still care for you.

R

Random_Guy_42

That’s ok. I just didn’t really want more people pointing at this article for proof. Sorry if I sounds critical.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Not at all! At least if you’re critical I know what I can improve on ;)

Ben: It’s a GAME.

B

Ben

To me, it’s the most important thing of the decade. I want to get it so badly but I just won’t accept Sega characters. Oh, and homelessvagrant, at least slamming into bricks and jumping on turtles is better than rolling around in a ball. Oh, and Mario actually gets to RESCUE people, unlike sonic.

F

falcofuku69

sonic rescues animals, Mario’s just trying to get laid, and luigi is gay

Top Bottom