• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Rolls Right into the Dojo along with a delay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Since Mic has updated on the blog already head over here to continue the topic.

After all the clamoring of the Nintendo Press Conference and confirmation from IGN, there was no doubt in most people's minds that Sonic would be our next update. I've watched the videos and looked at what the Dojo has shown us and I am impressed, let's take a look see.

Clearly this has rocked everyone's virtual socks. Sonic in Brawl, the question to end all questions about Mario and Sonic back in the day when SEGA and Nintendo were rivals, in a fight who would win? Now Nintendo and SEGA have allowed for us to explore this question to the fullest extent.

The video seems to base a lot of Sonic from his days in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle and Sonic Adventure DX.

The video for Sonic can be viewed here.

AUGH! Release date delayed!

There is some irony though to the news of Sonic, the world's fastest known hedgehog, right as his inclusion is known, Nintendo announces the Super Smash Bros: Brawl has been delayed in Japan and now the site dawns the old TBA acronym for the release date.

Click here for trailer now saying "Coming Soon".

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Remember the Dojo site is experiencing an insane amount of lag from so many flooding the server with the news of Sonic and the videos they released with it.

Somasu

Smash Ace
Someone Youtube the video :x

And I've certainly found myself a new main for Brawl.

~Shin_Ganondorf~

Smash Journeyman
New term to come... sonic the edgehog.

i duno, I said that instead of his name once and then stopped...and laughed my butt off. lolol

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Sonic looks pretty insane. I can't play him, I can't keep up just watching. Luckily, I'll have claymores to stun him so I can set him up for a CQC combo. lol sonic is toast.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Then Master Peach Looked to God and the Smash God (Sakurai) and said thank you. "Thank you both for this amazing update. TvT Amen.

Greatest update of all time. When I saw this I literally absuned (Not sure on the spelling of this word) the position. I had a heart attack. XD

I bet Someone had a seizure after seeing this. Foaming at the mouth lol. XD

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Then Master Peach Looked to God and the Smash God (Sakurai) and said thank you. "Thank you both for this amazing update. TvT Amen.

Greatest update of all time. When I saw this I literally absuned (Not sure on the spelling of this word) the position. I had a heart attack. XD

I bet Someone had a seizure after seeing this. Foaming at the mouth lol. XD
My jaw dropped a little as I had not been paying attention to the press conference to see for myself, but no foam came out.

This is both awesome and a little sad at the same time. Sonic, but delay. So many new characters could be in this game now, it got blown open.

Somasu

Smash Ace
Sonic could suck ya know...don't let the flashy moves and sweet music trick ya;)
I use Pichu sometimes, if that says anything =P

I main characters if I like 'em. Not really if they're good or not.

...and I honestly DOUBT Sonic is going to be bottom tier, at the very least.. not with that kind of speed and (by the looks of it) combo ability.

And there's just so many things I like about this update today.. even with the release delay.

1: Sonic, in general. He was my most wanted character, so just... holy crap.

2: I never expected Sonic to be shown so early. Sure, it might have been just a cover for the release delay, but still.. I had no idea we'd be seeing this.

3: I LOVE how they used all the old school sound effects like his jump, the dash, and the bumper.

4: HE'S NOT VOICED BY ****ING JASON GRIFFITH! (I love you, Ryan Drummond. Please let me know that that's you doing his voice. It so ****ing sounds like it)

5: The video revealse so much more about his character. We have pretty much (by assumption) already seen his taunt, his character intro(assuming those are back), how fast he will really be, his Up B, his Neutral or Side B (Spin Dash), his Down B, his jab, his b-air, his u-air, his dsmash, his dthrow, and his Final Smash.

6: The actual game trailer is just too friggin' wicked. It's about time we've gotten just a normal trailer.

And yeah.. honestly, the delayed release date doesn't affect me much. Sure, it sucks.. but I can wait.

Doesn't mean it IS his Up-B especially, might be some absurd item.
But yeah, I hope it is. It makes sense.
It's his Up B. I'm pretty sure of it. You see him do it on Sky World. The bumper just randomly comes out of nowhere, springs Sonic in the air, and then kinda bounces there for a second.

It's not an item. It wouldn't make sense to have TWO bumper items.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Simply put, this is the single greatest update on the Smash Brothers site so far, and considering that I'm always really pleased with everything, this is certainly saying something! Sorry Snake, but there's a new S-named character in town for me to drool over now!

I simply can't wait to use Sonic and possibly even main him... his image might of generally degraded with some bad games and an even worse fanbase, but he's still a really awesome character and now I and many other people who grew up in the Nintendo-Sega war can finally have Sonic and Mario do what they should of done years ago, and have a huge fist-fight with each other! This is the ultimate fan-service, as far as I'm concerned! :)

It's a shame the game appears to have been delayed in Japan, but then again delays for Nintendo usually end up being really good, since a lot of the greatest games they have ever made have suffered from delays, like Ocarina of Time for example!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom