• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaInBrawl

Smash Rookie
i have seen many sonic videos mostly espy and shugo and i was wondering to link an attack off the side b, or down b, is it always best to do the up air out of it because i am in training mode and it seems the fair out of the down b and side b isnt very reiliable can i get some help

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Next time please refrain from making a new thread. We have an rFAQ right on the first page for this type of stuff.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=201103

--

To answer your question, they are both just as reliable and will connect each time if done correctly. They also both come out at the same time (hitbox actives on frame 5 for both) so they're just as quick. Here's a more indepth look at each move.

Damage given --

Uair ( 4-9% / 2 hits , first hit 4 , both hits 9)
Fair (6-14% / depending on # of hits , 14% being all hits)

Both Activate on Frame -- 5

Uair is ideal for juggling because it keeps your opponent above you in the air, leaving themselves vulnerable to follow up aerials from underneath, most likely more Uairs.

Fair is ideal for getting quick damage and sending your opponent away from you or/and sending them offstage to put yourself in a safer and more desirable position.

Uair tends to be the most common move OoS (Out of Spindash ;P) simply because juggling is a great way of racking up damage quickly, and Fair is generally used as a punisher since it covers Sonic in multiple hitboxes.

--credit to Dnes/djb/SL for the data

:093:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom