• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Music Discussion Thread

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I can't believe this hasn't been created yet. We're bound to get more songs than the already amazing selection we had in Brawl, especially since Lost World, Generations, Black Knight, Unleashed, and Colors have all been released since. Anyways, post here the songs you want to see in Smash.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
It won't happen but my favorite sonic stage and theme music is oil ocean. But I'd take any Sonic 2 music or stages. Chemical plant anyone?

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Im glad to see someone made this thrad! One of the themes i'd like to hear in the new Smash is the remix of Green Hill Zone they did in Sonic Generations. They already had the original theme in Brawl, so i think i'd be nice if they had this version included in the game.

Also, i really loved Sonic Unleashed and i wouldn't mind them using any theme they used from it. Though, it seems like Endless Possibility might be what they use in Smash 4. I'd still like to see other themes used in the game like Spagonia's rooftop run theme or even Eggman's Boss Battle theme.

As for Sonic and the Black Knight, i'd love for theme to use Through the Fire. It's the theme that played when you fight the knights of the round table. Though, i can see them using Knight of the Wind as well.

And for Sonic Colors, i'd love for them to use Aquarium Park Act 1!

Im also curious to see if the 3DS version and Wii U version will include the same soundtracks? Something tells me the 3DS version wont and instead will use more handheld related themes from games like Sonic Advance, Sonic Rush, and the handheld adaptions of Sonic Colors and Sonic Lost World.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
This is just classic...well modern but classic. Most people know this song is famous among the Sonic fans and I really like Generations's remix.
Lost world had a great soundtrack but this particular piece took me by surprise. I've never heard a Sonic song make such good use of a violin before.
My favorite song from Colors and I think song has a pretty good chance of being in with it being so iconic within the game.
Probably my favorite final boss song in any Sonic game in existence.

I know this won't happen but I absolutely love this Crush 40 remix of the main theme from Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity.

Mari

Saving the planet from disaster!
They'll defiantly use something from Sonic Lost World, I think Eggman's boss theme here would fit in nicely in Smash 4.

Unleashed: I'm thinking the Perfect Dark Gaia Boss theme (basically the Endless Possibility orchestra version) and RoofTop Run would make it in.

Black Knight: Eh, kinda iffy on this one.

Colors: Aquarium Park for sure, and I wouldn't mind Reach for the Stars as well. Also Planet Wisp theme, so beautiful.

Generations: Please, please, please put in that awesome Classic Remix of Escape from the City, PLEASE! Oh, and Green Hill, Classic and/or Modern.

Shot in the Dark: Stardust Speedway. Please.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I just wonder how many games will actually get represented through music. Brawl had a pretty good way of doing it. One song for every major Sonic game (except for 2 songs from Sonic 1), for a total of 12. But there are a lot more Sonic games now, and 12 was already quite a lot of music tracks by Brawl standards. I suppose they'll divide them up between the 3DS and Wii U versions, but I doubt there won't be some overlap.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The final boss theme of Sonic Lost World along with the Deadly 6 theme are themes that I would like to see in this game.

SonicMario

Smash Master
No love for Secret Ring's music yet? I know Brawl had Seven Rings in Hand. Which while a nice track. I there's another track from that game. They really should of used. With my copy of Project M I actually replaced Seven Rings in Hand with it. I love Brawling to it <3

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Azure Blue World (Sonic Adventure)
Honeycomb Highway (Sonic Lost World)
Let the Speed Mend It (Sonic and the Secret Rings)
Sealed Ground (Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity)

PLEASE.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Popping in to say that I really hope this song makes it in. Sonic Adventure has an amazing soundtrack, but this song may be my favorite of it all.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
How many tracks do we get for each stage in the Wii U? I'll just list the top ten:
- Windy Hill (not my favorite, but it's bound to be there)
- Big Arm Boss music (3DS Generations)
- Crisis City (Modern)
- Speed Highway (Classic)
- Green Hill (Modern)(also obvious, but which version could vary)
- Endless Possibility
- Reach for the Stars
- Chemical Plant (classic)
- Open Your Heart (Crush 40 and Circuit Freq Remix from Generations)
- Live and Learn
These are kind of a mix of what I think will get in and what I want to get in. This is my ultimate wishlist:
- Open Your Heart
- Live and Learn
- Sonic Heroes
- Chemical Plant (Classic)
- Ice Cap Zone Act 1
- Crisis City (Modern)
- Speed Highway (Classic)
- His World
- Wrapped in Black
- Sky Road Act 2? (Dragon Dance)(Sonic Lost World)

Last edited:

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I know it won't happen, but I'd prefer no vocal themes. I find most of them completely insufferable. There are far too many stone cold classic instrumental level themes, including at least a dozen or so that would kill on Windy Hill, to keep reusing Sonic Heroes. That's not even the best vocal theme in that game, and I think they're all pretty dumb.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I know it won't happen, but I'd prefer no vocal themes. I find most of them completely insufferable. There are far too many stone cold classic instrumental level themes, including at least a dozen or so that would kill on Windy Hill, to keep reusing Sonic Heroes. That's not even the best vocal theme in that game, and I think they're all pretty dumb.
I can see where you're coming from, but in my opinion at least have Endless Possibility and Reach for the Stars, I prefer them over the other rock themes.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I can see where you're coming from, but in my opinion at least have Endless Possibility and Reach for the Stars, I prefer them over the other rock themes.
But why Endless Possibility and Reach for the Stars over Rooftop Run Day or Tropical Resort Act 1? They're more fun (imo), stronger compositions and they'd fit the stage way better.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
But why Endless Possibility and Reach for the Stars over Rooftop Run Day or Tropical Resort Act 1? They're more fun (imo), stronger compositions and they'd fit the stage way better.
Well they better represent the games as a whole (as they are their main themes). I agree that some songs such as Rooftop Run should be in, but only if we get Brawl's music capacity x3.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
As much as I love Sonic Adventure's soundtrack, I admit the majority doesn't fit. Azure Blue World and the Final Eggman/Egg Walker/Viper theme are the only soundtracks from Sonic Adventure that would fit perfectly in Smash.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Rooftop Run, Planet Wisp and Aquarium Park are all I need post-Brawl.

I thought the Lost World OST fell flat compared to Colors, Generations and Unleashed. :V The game in general did.

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Okay, the best thing ever happened at smash fest today. So me and a bunch of people were waiting in the massive line, and they had a speaker out on display. Some awesome guy puts on the city escape music from Sonic adventure 2. Everyone in the line started singing along, until a Best buy Employee turned it off. After being booed by the line, he snarkily remarks "sing it yourselves". So then one guy in the line decides to keep singing, and then everyone else joins in, and we had this awesomely awful rendition of the song that exploded into a burst of laughter and applause. It was really amazing, and makes me want the City Escape music in every more.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
As much as I love Sonic Adventure's soundtrack, I admit the majority doesn't fit. Azure Blue World and the Final Eggman/Egg Walker/Viper theme are the only soundtracks from Sonic Adventure that would fit perfectly in Smash.
The Air from Windy Valley, Be Cool Be Wild Be Groovy from IceCap and Pleasure Castle from Twinkle Park would all fit Smash quite nicely.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Open Your Heart, Unknown from M.E. and Speed Highway are the only songs I like from Sonic Adventure tbh. If anything comes from there, I'd rather it be the former.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Ice Cap Zone isn't going to be in the game because of all the **** with Michael Jackson and Sonic 3's soundtrack, despite being probably one of the msot popular songs in the series

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I know the demo we saw at E3 is early, but I still can't help but fear that the only songs we'll get are Windy Hill and Sonic Heroes. I don't even like Sonic Heroes much, either. Endless Possibility is what I'm hoping for

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
I know the demo we saw at E3 is early, but I still can't help but fear that the only songs we'll get are Windy Hill and Sonic Heroes. I don't even like Sonic Heroes much, either. Endless Possibility is what I'm hoping for
The direct made it quite clear the Wii U version has many songs per stage and the 3DS version only has 2 songs. There's even a picture of the new My Music customization page.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
The direct made it quite clear the Wii U version has many songs per stage and the 3DS version only has 2 songs. There's even a picture of the new My Music customization page.
Oh yeah, lol I feel dumb now. Should've remembered that.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I always dug this tune from Sonic the Fighters.

Considering like 80% of Sonic's moveset comes from this game, it would be nifty to get a song from it too.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
No love for Secret Ring's music yet?
Barely any:scared:. Adding in SatSR OST only to fill in that field. I'd say this would be decent choices for a potential Boss Battle involving a Sonic character such as Chaos0 / Perfect Chaos or Dr. Eggman if neither of them are playable:

This song is rock-themed with vocals but I don't mind if they do or don't remove them for just Instrumental playing. It feels kinda off for a song but it was one of my favorite Boss music from the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom